9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I never heard if this book before seeing that page
I will seek it out as it seems most interesting

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
this
must mean american 3c world champion right? no mention of hoppe in the umb champions on wiki, however incorrect it may be as im aware it is
attachment.php

also holy hell look at that he has a 4 yr then 13 yr reign of 18.1!
and an 11yr reign at 18.2

nothing about his 1 cushion game however :/

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
i will read all of that page, but what stands out, is he also believes you just need natural talent, along with the dedication and love
natural talent along with the ability to focus yourself intensly

read somewhere sayginer also said you must have natural talent to reach the top,

i do not have natural talent, as well as its rare when i do get my mind in that tunnel vision state of focus to play well

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Those who would like to learn more about Hoppe should get the book "Thirty Years of Billiards" which is his biography up to that time. ...

Here's a copy on Ebay:

CropperCapture[390].png

I have one available for only $20 including shipping. The cheapest copy on Amazon is $50. I also have some original hardbacks from 1925, but they're more expensive and are identical to the Dover paperback reprint shown above.

Dean_H

luv the small modalities
Silver Member
Most college libraries have the thirty years of billiards book. You may not be able to check out the book but you can find a nice spot in the library and read parts of the book.

rikdee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hoppe is a great study for many reasons. I have a beautiful copy of both the
the book Bob linked and a copy of Billiards As it should be played from Reilly & Lee - 1941 which features lots of good photos and comment by Hoppe himself. The book is 78 pages and bound in a 8.25 x 11.25 hard cover; very minor cover wear but every page is like the day it was printed.

Last edited: