Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Thanks from TAR
Page 3 of 3 123

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
JCIN
TheActionReport.com
JCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900
  Send a message via AIM to JCIN  
05-25-2011, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_4fun View Post
I have (2) problems.

The first was handled by you was my PPV and I selected somehow that my paypal would pay you in 2-3 days instead of immediately. You gave me a work around but there has to be a way to handle it without your involvement. Again, there is a need to make it idiot proof (or Ken proof - probably the same thing.)

Secondly, Id like to have almost full screen with the ability to chat as well. I could do either but not both.

The picture quality was much improved, and I thought the commentary was okay but not accu-stat quality.

It sounds like I am negative, but Im really not and that isnt my intent.

Thanks for all you do,

Ken
The PayPal issue is one that is completely out of my control. I can not decide what type of payment you send me. I try to keep an eye on the E-Checks and send out new log ins as soon as I see one. If I am busy with something else then it can take longer.

As for the video window and resizing it is something I will talk to AudioVideoweb about but it just hasn't been a priority. I understand the end user wanting the ability to drag and resize the window. The fact that we have reached a point where that is one of the biggest points of interest is IMO a good thing.

The commentary is a subjective topic so thats all up to each individual to take or leave as they like. I like a wide variety of commentators instead of a week of the same two or three guys. Different strokes for different folks. We'll just keep doing the best we can.

I appreciate your input and your support. I hope we can make some improvements in the future that keep you coming back.

Old
  (#32)
Johnnyt
Burn all jump cues
Johnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 169290

05-26-2011, 03:27 AM

Most of the TV stations in Tampa, FL (5) stream things like big court cases, presidents and others speaches, shuttle takeoffs and landings, anything that would take up all day or hours of TV air time. I'm sure most all stations around the country are doing it or will be soon. They have a murder trial on now and I see no difference in quality of stream between the news channels and TAR. In fact I believe TAR is clearer. It can only help people get used to watching streams. Getting the TAR website out to more pool players would help sales a lot IMO, but I have no idea how to make that happen. Johnnyt

Never Give Up

Old
  (#33)
brandoncook26
AzB Silver Member

brandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

05-26-2011, 06:15 AM

There is such a disconnect between amateur players and the professional scene. I went to the pool room Tuesday. There was a guy there who plays in nearly every tournament, 5+ days a week. He is a threat to cash, probably a mid B player. I was talking about TAR and the stream last week (specifically how good Shane was playing). He didn't have any idea who Shane VanBoening was, the best American player, let alone what TAR was.

These are the guys who need to be reached to get Justin some monster viewership. Maybe when Justin gets the next match set up, TAR 21, he can design a simple flyer that I can print and take to the pool room. If everyone does that, it may bring some new exposure.

I'll talk with the room owner about purchasing the stream and maybe setting it up on the biggest tv behind the bar as well. That way, people can see it first without having to take a chance on buying it.

Old
  (#34)
justadub
Rattling corners nightly
justadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1100

05-26-2011, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandoncook26 View Post
There is such a disconnect between amateur players and the professional scene. I went to the pool room Tuesday. There was a guy there who plays in nearly every tournament, 5+ days a week. He is a threat to cash, probably a mid B player. I was talking about TAR and the stream last week (specifically how good Shane was playing). He didn't have any idea who Shane VanBoening was, the best American player, let alone what TAR was.

These are the guys who need to be reached to get Justin some monster viewership. Maybe when Justin gets the next match set up, TAR 21, he can design a simple flyer that I can print and take to the pool room. If everyone does that, it may bring some new exposure.

I'll talk with the room owner about purchasing the stream and maybe setting it up on the biggest tv behind the bar as well. That way, people can see it first without having to take a chance on buying it.
+1

I believe this is very important. I've posted on this subject before, very regular players who have no idea who the best players in their own sport are! I talk to people all the time with the same results.

I, too, would like a simple, easy-to-print (PFD would be aces!) flyer for the bigger events, so that we can post them in our pool halls, leave them on tables, maybe some league operators might be persuaded to including them in their mailings... It might not make a huge impact right away, but perhaps it can begin to turn more people onto the cool things that already happen in pool. And maybe make it easier for even more cool stuff to take place.

Player: McDermott G203
Break: J & J 2729

"Let's all pile into the sandbagging wahmbulance and talk about it forever and hold each other until the tears dry!" CreeDo

"Just remember to put the troll back under the bridge when you're done playing with him, Dub!" BrokeStroke

Old
  (#35)
3RAILKICK
AzB Gold Member
3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

05-26-2011, 01:28 PM

Quote:

Justin-

Do you get many room owner PPV purchasers currently? Are there any differences in purchasing the stream by an individual vs a room owner?

Not talking about a room charging customers to view, just making it available to view on their big screen/ projection TV's by patrons and poolplayers.

Maybe the exposure would generate more PPV sales to individuals??

Just curious-a possible win-win. Another sale, and increased exposure to potential customers.

Old
  (#36)
Hungarian
AzB Silver Member
Hungarian has a reputation beyond reputeHungarian has a reputation beyond reputeHungarian has a reputation beyond reputeHungarian has a reputation beyond reputeHungarian has a reputation beyond reputeHungarian has a reputation beyond reputeHungarian has a reputation beyond reputeHungarian has a reputation beyond reputeHungarian has a reputation beyond reputeHungarian has a reputation beyond reputeHungarian has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

05-26-2011, 04:06 PM

Quote:

Great post Brandon regards to a grass roots effort.

Green Rep for that Sir

"I never exaggerate or embellish"

Old
  (#37)
Jay021
AzB Silver Member
Jay021 has a reputation beyond reputeJay021 has a reputation beyond reputeJay021 has a reputation beyond reputeJay021 has a reputation beyond reputeJay021 has a reputation beyond reputeJay021 has a reputation beyond reputeJay021 has a reputation beyond reputeJay021 has a reputation beyond reputeJay021 has a reputation beyond reputeJay021 has a reputation beyond reputeJay021 has a reputation beyond repute

05-26-2011, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCIN View Post
I'm still cleaning up from the whirlwind that was Vegas 2011 but I wanted to write a thank you post to everyone who made the last two weeks some of the best in TAR history.

Most important are all of the people who supported us by purchasing the pay per views. All of us involved with TAR are extremely grateful for the tremendous support you showed. The event was a success on all fronts for us and it is because of the viewers. Thank you so much. I know there are some residual PPV issues like multiple payments and I am working on getting everything squared away in the next day or so. Thanks to everyone for their patience and support dealing with the pains of streaming live events.

We had the strongest crew ever in Vegas and they should be proud of all the hard work they put in to bring our production to a new level. Nathan and Dave from Run Out Media, Andrew Cleary, Vincent Rochefort, Raphael Dabreo, and Samm Diep all worked their asses off for no where near what they deserved. I want to thank each of them personally for their hard work, great attitudes and most important their friendship.

One person really was the catalyst for the whole thing as far as TAR is concerned. Mark Griffin wanted to do something special this year with streaming for the pro event. He put his money, time and effort 100% behind it and made it happen. This was not a cheap undertaking. From the two giant projection screens to the in room live feed it all took many weeks of meetings, discussions and more than a few dollars. Most people would have just dropped it after looking at the challenges. Mark pulled the trigger and did the work. He takes the heat when things go wrong and he deserves more credit when things go well. Thank you Mark for all of your support.

There were many more people who made the event from the entire CSI Staff who were making the event run smooth to the people who gave us their time to do commentary, to Ric Jones and crew at Bad Boys who do the hardest work of all. David Vandenbergh at CSI gets nowhere near the recognition he deserves for orchestrating the thousands of details an event like this requires. He is the guy you call when you need something done and he saved my ass on numerous occasions over the years. Thank you David. I know I am missing many people as my brain is still half fried but I want to thank all of the people involved with the event. It was a tremendous group effort to create a memorable event for thousands of people.

This was the best event we have ever done and it has a set a new bar for future TAR events that we will strive to achieve and surpass. It was a long hard two weeks but it because of the people involved it will be something I always remember fondly.

Thank you.

Justin Collett
I didn't get to watch as much of the stream as i would like, but what I did watch I thought was great. I really hate this thread is becoming negative because a few people want to bicker back and forth and take away form Justin's original post thanking everyone for the great job they did. I don't personally know Justin, but I did have the pleasure of speaking to him at the Derby this year. He was as good of a guy in person as he comes across in this thread. Now to the original purpose of my reply since I have been rambling. In the original post there are about 6 paragraphs about how great of job everyone did. I am not saying the people in the OP didn't do a great job, because I think they did, but what is missing from the OP? Justin, thats what. I guarantee he sacrificed as much or more than anyone and put in the hours and effort that everyone did, but he is to humble to mention himself and what he went through to get this done. Lets not forget that his ideas is what brought us TAR in the first place. He has donated numerous hours and numerous dollars to the original TAR project and it is becoming more and more sucessful everyday. I can tell he is not the type of person who wants to take credit for things, as he rather pass the credit to others, but i want to say thank you for all you do and it is greatly appreciated by all the fans.

TAR video
Old
  (#38)
JohnInNH
AzB Silver Member
JohnInNH has a reputation beyond reputeJohnInNH has a reputation beyond reputeJohnInNH has a reputation beyond reputeJohnInNH has a reputation beyond reputeJohnInNH has a reputation beyond reputeJohnInNH has a reputation beyond reputeJohnInNH has a reputation beyond reputeJohnInNH has a reputation beyond reputeJohnInNH has a reputation beyond reputeJohnInNH has a reputation beyond reputeJohnInNH has a reputation beyond repute

TAR video - 05-26-2011, 04:29 PM

TAR has a lot to be proud of the one pocket coverage was awesome it seems like I couldn't wait to see who or what was coming up next, some of the most incredible video that I have seen on my computer, I didn't get a chance to watch any of the 10 ball but I'm sure that it turned out great also, kudos to you and your associates.

Can't wait for the next major event.

John

Old
  (#39)
jimmy-leggs
A GREAT DAY
jimmy-leggs has a reputation beyond reputejimmy-leggs has a reputation beyond reputejimmy-leggs has a reputation beyond reputejimmy-leggs has a reputation beyond reputejimmy-leggs has a reputation beyond reputejimmy-leggs has a reputation beyond reputejimmy-leggs has a reputation beyond reputejimmy-leggs has a reputation beyond reputejimmy-leggs has a reputation beyond reputejimmy-leggs has a reputation beyond reputejimmy-leggs has a reputation beyond repute

05-26-2011, 07:27 PM

Did you buy a beer ON ME?Like I told you.Awesome streaming like always.

Winner of Danny Harriman's "Nittiest nockin poster ever award".

Old
  (#40)
Price Bogart
AzB Silver Member
Price Bogart has a reputation beyond reputePrice Bogart has a reputation beyond reputePrice Bogart has a reputation beyond reputePrice Bogart has a reputation beyond reputePrice Bogart has a reputation beyond reputePrice Bogart has a reputation beyond reputePrice Bogart has a reputation beyond reputePrice Bogart has a reputation beyond reputePrice Bogart has a reputation beyond reputePrice Bogart has a reputation beyond reputePrice Bogart has a reputation beyond repute

05-26-2011, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCIN View Post
I'm still cleaning up from the whirlwind that was Vegas 2011 but I wanted to write a thank you post to everyone who made the last two weeks some of the best in TAR history.

Most important are all of the people who supported us by purchasing the pay per views. All of us involved with TAR are extremely grateful for the tremendous support you showed. The event was a success on all fronts for us and it is because of the viewers. Thank you so much. I know there are some residual PPV issues like multiple payments and I am working on getting everything squared away in the next day or so. Thanks to everyone for their patience and support dealing with the pains of streaming live events.

We had the strongest crew ever in Vegas and they should be proud of all the hard work they put in to bring our production to a new level. Nathan and Dave from Run Out Media, Andrew Cleary, Vincent Rochefort, Raphael Dabreo, and Samm Diep all worked their asses off for no where near what they deserved. I want to thank each of them personally for their hard work, great attitudes and most important their friendship.

One person really was the catalyst for the whole thing as far as TAR is concerned. Mark Griffin wanted to do something special this year with streaming for the pro event. He put his money, time and effort 100% behind it and made it happen. This was not a cheap undertaking. From the two giant projection screens to the in room live feed it all took many weeks of meetings, discussions and more than a few dollars. Most people would have just dropped it after looking at the challenges. Mark pulled the trigger and did the work. He takes the heat when things go wrong and he deserves more credit when things go well. Thank you Mark for all of your support.

There were many more people who made the event from the entire CSI Staff who were making the event run smooth to the people who gave us their time to do commentary, to Ric Jones and crew at Bad Boys who do the hardest work of all. David Vandenbergh at CSI gets nowhere near the recognition he deserves for orchestrating the thousands of details an event like this requires. He is the guy you call when you need something done and he saved my ass on numerous occasions over the years. Thank you David. I know I am missing many people as my brain is still half fried but I want to thank all of the people involved with the event. It was a tremendous group effort to create a memorable event for thousands of people.

This was the best event we have ever done and it has a set a new bar for future TAR events that we will strive to achieve and surpass. It was a long hard two weeks but it because of the people involved it will be something I always remember fondly.

Thank you.

Justin Collett
The whole event was the nuts!!! I went to Vegas and watched the one pocket. I came home and watched the stream for the rest of days. Good stuff!!!!! Keep up the good work.

Presio

Page 3 of 3 123

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: