Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Kamui Tip Questions and Advice
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
Buddy
AzB Silver Member
Buddy has a reputation beyond reputeBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeBuddy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-03-2012, 01:06 PM

Kamui Black Soft imo

Old
  (#17)
spindoctor9
AzB Silver Member
spindoctor9 has a reputation beyond reputespindoctor9 has a reputation beyond reputespindoctor9 has a reputation beyond reputespindoctor9 has a reputation beyond reputespindoctor9 has a reputation beyond reputespindoctor9 has a reputation beyond reputespindoctor9 has a reputation beyond reputespindoctor9 has a reputation beyond reputespindoctor9 has a reputation beyond reputespindoctor9 has a reputation beyond reputespindoctor9 has a reputation beyond repute

10-03-2012, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by briankenobi View Post
do you know of anyone who has any for sale already modified? I am not good with that sort of thing.
I don't know anyone who stocks them, I think pooldawg might, but your best bet is to post in the wanted/for sale section or just do a search and see if you can find someone selling them. A good hard triangle plays really similar, but has a bit less ping. If you can't find the milk dud try a triangle, but pick one that is not dry or flaky or grey in color. Tap them on a hard surface till you find one that has a solid dense sound (but not a wet sound), and have it cut down fairly short. This, in my opinion, is the secret to a good single layer tip. Layered tips are better than the majority of single layer tips, but when you find a good, consistent single layer tip (usually about two out of ten), you'll love it.

Old
  (#18)
Roadking
sweet william
Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 200

10-03-2012, 01:58 PM

I vote Kamui Black Soft

Old
  (#19)
or1pkt
AzB Silver Member
or1pkt has a reputation beyond reputeor1pkt has a reputation beyond reputeor1pkt has a reputation beyond reputeor1pkt has a reputation beyond reputeor1pkt has a reputation beyond reputeor1pkt has a reputation beyond reputeor1pkt has a reputation beyond reputeor1pkt has a reputation beyond reputeor1pkt has a reputation beyond reputeor1pkt has a reputation beyond reputeor1pkt has a reputation beyond repute

10-03-2012, 02:46 PM

Kamui black soft for sure...but I reccomend when you have it installed have the installer cut it about half way down so it doesn't look like a birthday cake...the lower they get the better they play IMO..

Old
  (#20)
rayjay
some of the kids
rayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1225

10-03-2012, 04:12 PM

I use Kamui brown S and like it much better than the black SS. Tips are an individual preference, so you need to find out what works for you, so try some. Also, tip maintenance skills are really easy to learn and at your level you should have them. Also, tip replacement skills are really easy to learn and will save you tons of time and money. Good luck.

Old
  (#21)
briankenobi
AzB Silver Member
briankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond repute

10-03-2012, 05:59 PM

@ rayjay Thanks for the advice. Yeah, I have been playing for 21 years now and don't have very good tip maintenance skills. epic fail on my part. I have basic tip setting tools but don't know about taking a tip off.

Old
  (#22)
Kamuitipsdotcom
AzB Silver Member
Kamuitipsdotcom has a reputation beyond reputeKamuitipsdotcom has a reputation beyond reputeKamuitipsdotcom has a reputation beyond reputeKamuitipsdotcom has a reputation beyond reputeKamuitipsdotcom has a reputation beyond reputeKamuitipsdotcom has a reputation beyond reputeKamuitipsdotcom has a reputation beyond reputeKamuitipsdotcom has a reputation beyond reputeKamuitipsdotcom has a reputation beyond reputeKamuitipsdotcom has a reputation beyond reputeKamuitipsdotcom has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 800

10-04-2012, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor9 View Post
Try a pressed elkmaster. Holds it shape better than any tip I've tried and hits hard like a hard Kamui brown but you get that single layer tip action. A super soft Kamui will last you a month if you have a big stroke. They squish bad and you'll be shaping it constantly. I've had major issues with layered tips including kamui tips. They play well, but I had 6 or 7 delaminate on me. And ever since switching to the milk dud elkmaster, I've been miscuing with layered tips. I can also draw the ball further with the milk dud. Try a good milk dud or find a good triangle and you might never go back to a layered tip. I gave some A level players in my area a milk dud and I've gotten nothing but exceptional feedback. Layering leather with glue was an attempt to make tips that hold their shape. A milk dud or good triangle will hold it's shape better than anything, so why bother shooting with a tip that's half glue? If you like to use a lot of spin, save the cash and try a milk dud. They are just unbeatable. I hate hearing that tip quality is a matter of opinion. That's just stupid. A tip that holds it's shape better, holds chalk better, grabs the ball better, and jumps better is the better tip. I've used every tip out there I can find other than some of the newer companies, and I can't see myself ever trying a layered tip again. For reference I tested my tips last week. I can draw two tables on a slow Valley with the milk dud from 5-6 feet away 4 out of 5 times. With my Kamui black medium tipped shaft, my biggest stroke will get me one table and back to about the side pockets. I have a third shaft with a layered talisman, same action as the kamui. I have another cue with a triangle on it, and that got me the two tables I got with the milk dud. People roll the ball around and say yeah I like the kamui it has a good ping. But the big draw and follow shots are what tell the story about a tip. Sorry for the novel, I'm just really blown away with this tip, which I've been using for two months, and I had to spit some advice and my experiences your way.
Counterfeits have been known to fail fast.

And it is interesting how I never hear about these problems... If there is a problem with your Kamui, tell your tip installer. But still, not a word from any of my installers... very strange.

Authorized Kamui USA Master Distributor Since 2004
877-GO-KAMUI (465-2684)

Last edited by Kamuitipsdotcom; 10-04-2012 at 08:11 AM.

Old
  (#23)
Dirtbmw20
Lee Casto
Dirtbmw20 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtbmw20 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtbmw20 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtbmw20 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtbmw20 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtbmw20 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtbmw20 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtbmw20 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtbmw20 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtbmw20 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtbmw20 has a reputation beyond repute

10-04-2012, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by briankenobi View Post
do you know of anyone who has any for sale already modified? I am not good with that sort of thing.
Contact forum member pooldawg8, his name is Jeff, super nice guy to deal with and always has great deals on Milkdud tips.

Also, anyone wnating to try an Ultra Skin layered tip can contact forum member TomHay on the forum or go directly to his website and order them.
http://www.layeredcuetips.com/
They are EXCELLENT tips for the money, I've taken my Kumui's off to shoot with the Ultra Skins.

Last edited by Dirtbmw20; 10-04-2012 at 08:26 AM.

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: