Kamui chalk
Old
  (#1)
Tennesseejoe
AzB Silver Member
Tennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Kamui chalk - 03-22-2013, 12:06 PM

I haven't heard much talk about Kamui chalk lately. I found a piece at DCC last year and liked it so much I bought another. I play 4-5 times a week and both pieces are about half worn so using 1 piece per year averages $30/yr.

The only drawback I've noticed is the balls may skip more. No scientific evidence.

The positives are: less chalk on my home table, less chalk on my hands and clothes, better English, and needing to chalk less frequently.

What are your thoughts?

"Man can neither love nor hate what he does not know." Cicero

Old
  (#2)
zpele
AzB Silver Member
zpele has a reputation beyond reputezpele has a reputation beyond reputezpele has a reputation beyond reputezpele has a reputation beyond reputezpele has a reputation beyond reputezpele has a reputation beyond reputezpele has a reputation beyond reputezpele has a reputation beyond reputezpele has a reputation beyond reputezpele has a reputation beyond reputezpele has a reputation beyond repute

03-22-2013, 12:10 PM

Wait is this a Kamui chalk thread????

In all honesty I use Predator chalk and will never look back.

It works great and is way cheaper. I don't have trouble getting chalk all over the place because I'm careful.

Old
  (#3)
LPHooper03
Shape Shooter
LPHooper03 has a reputation beyond reputeLPHooper03 has a reputation beyond reputeLPHooper03 has a reputation beyond reputeLPHooper03 has a reputation beyond reputeLPHooper03 has a reputation beyond reputeLPHooper03 has a reputation beyond reputeLPHooper03 has a reputation beyond reputeLPHooper03 has a reputation beyond reputeLPHooper03 has a reputation beyond reputeLPHooper03 has a reputation beyond reputeLPHooper03 has a reputation beyond repute

03-22-2013, 12:19 PM

I've used the predator and like it. Haven't used the Kamui yet, but I hear good things.

Old
  (#4)
bdorman
Dead money
bdorman has a reputation beyond reputebdorman has a reputation beyond reputebdorman has a reputation beyond reputebdorman has a reputation beyond reputebdorman has a reputation beyond reputebdorman has a reputation beyond reputebdorman has a reputation beyond reputebdorman has a reputation beyond reputebdorman has a reputation beyond reputebdorman has a reputation beyond reputebdorman has a reputation beyond repute

03-22-2013, 12:31 PM

I use whatever is available, usually Master.

After I chalk up, I simply bounce the cue off my left hand (over the floor, not the table) to remove any excess chalk. You'll see Scott Frost do it all the time.

It's become part of my PSR.

Old
  (#5)
ed2000
AzB Silver Member
ed2000 has a reputation beyond reputeed2000 has a reputation beyond reputeed2000 has a reputation beyond reputeed2000 has a reputation beyond reputeed2000 has a reputation beyond reputeed2000 has a reputation beyond reputeed2000 has a reputation beyond reputeed2000 has a reputation beyond reputeed2000 has a reputation beyond reputeed2000 has a reputation beyond reputeed2000 has a reputation beyond repute

03-22-2013, 02:39 PM

i have used them both and Kamui does last longer them predator.but i like predator better..for a couple reasons.. one is price for the price you cant beat it. IMO .. and the other reason i like predator better is because of the blogs of chalk that get on the Q ball when using Kamui ..when using Kamui chalk it looks like someone has been touching the Q ball up with lip stick...im always afraid that it could mess with the shoot your shooting..when im playing someone that uses Kamui chalk i try to clean the Q ball as much as possible..i guess it goes back to what ever floats your Boat..

Old
  (#6)
fast&loose designs
Chris Santana
fast&loose designs has a reputation beyond reputefast&loose designs has a reputation beyond reputefast&loose designs has a reputation beyond reputefast&loose designs has a reputation beyond reputefast&loose designs has a reputation beyond reputefast&loose designs has a reputation beyond reputefast&loose designs has a reputation beyond reputefast&loose designs has a reputation beyond reputefast&loose designs has a reputation beyond reputefast&loose designs has a reputation beyond reputefast&loose designs has a reputation beyond repute

03-22-2013, 02:51 PM

I use Master. I play about 4-5 times per week, and use 1 per 2 weeks or so. That avervages to about $0/decade, since it's free at the pool halls EVERYWHERE

Old
  (#7)
spanky79
AzB Silver Member
spanky79 has a reputation beyond reputespanky79 has a reputation beyond reputespanky79 has a reputation beyond reputespanky79 has a reputation beyond reputespanky79 has a reputation beyond reputespanky79 has a reputation beyond reputespanky79 has a reputation beyond reputespanky79 has a reputation beyond reputespanky79 has a reputation beyond reputespanky79 has a reputation beyond reputespanky79 has a reputation beyond repute

03-22-2013, 02:55 PM

John is a friend and I love his tips.
However, I bought a piece of the chalk, used it a couple sessions and now it is sitting im my case until I sell it.
I thought I would love it but it just make to big of a mess for me. It left to many spots on the table and the cue ball for my liking.

Old
  (#8)
Kamuitipsdotcom
AzB Silver Member
Kamuitipsdotcom has a reputation beyond reputeKamuitipsdotcom has a reputation beyond reputeKamuitipsdotcom has a reputation beyond reputeKamuitipsdotcom has a reputation beyond reputeKamuitipsdotcom has a reputation beyond reputeKamuitipsdotcom has a reputation beyond reputeKamuitipsdotcom has a reputation beyond reputeKamuitipsdotcom has a reputation beyond reputeKamuitipsdotcom has a reputation beyond reputeKamuitipsdotcom has a reputation beyond reputeKamuitipsdotcom has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 800

03-22-2013, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky79 View Post
John is a friend and I love his tips.
However, I bought a piece of the chalk, used it a couple sessions and now it is sitting im my case until I sell it.
I thought I would love it but it just make to big of a mess for me. It left to many spots on the table and the cue ball for my liking.
I will trade you the .98 for the 1.21... I think you will like that one as it is a harder compound and does not transfer to the ball as easy. If you load up a tip with any chalk it will leave a mark. Just that the .98 will stick. The 1.21 will not stick as easy and you can chalk your tip more often.

Authorized Kamui USA Master Distributor Since 2004
877-GO-KAMUI (465-2684)

Old
  (#9)
The Renfro
Outsville.com
The Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

03-22-2013, 11:20 PM

I have yet to get a good look at the predator chalk but I am in the know about the the binders and fillers they used to make it so it may all come down to the abrasives and QC that Kamui has going on... I'll pick up some of the predator chalk at SBE and take a close look, way better than the eye can see, and tell you what I think....

Way too many irons in the fire..... No wonder I get to actually play this game 2x a month.........

Chris

Great White PRO CHALK - "Best Chalk in the UNIVERSE"

Outsville.com

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: