Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Watching The Color of Money for the 157th time and I have a question.....
Page 6 of 7 « First 456 7

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#76)
Fatboy
AzB Silver Member
Fatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2400

05-15-2013, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
im going to go sweat this movie now til i zzzzz, maybe 30-45 minutes, if anything changes ill be sure and let everyone know.....

So I went to bed with my ipad and watched about half the movie as I said I would, the thing i noticed is Carman really needs to bleach her teeth, they are terrible, absolutely horrible.

Everything else was the same as it alway was,

We sure could use another pool movie, a good one. all of them seem to be based on gambling, i wonder if its possible to make a movie about pool that's not based on gambling/deception?

OG member of the Lock Society members or OG-LS;

Just call me Fat-Lock

im getting old and sloppy....

Old
  (#77)
Johnnyt
Burn all jump cues
Johnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 169290

05-15-2013, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underclocked View Post
My guess would be that it wasn't in the screenplay.
I'll bet this is the answer lol. Johnnyt

Never Give Up

Old
  (#78)
AzB Bronze Member
336 has a reputation beyond repute336 has a reputation beyond repute336 has a reputation beyond repute336 has a reputation beyond repute336 has a reputation beyond repute336 has a reputation beyond repute336 has a reputation beyond repute336 has a reputation beyond repute336 has a reputation beyond repute336 has a reputation beyond repute336 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

05-15-2013, 10:07 AM

This has not been confirmed. To be honest, it has always seemed so obvious and common sense to me that I don't see how it could be anything else. In any case, this is just the consensus of the voices in my head, so we could be wrong.

Old
  (#79)
Nine ... corner
A student of human moves~
Nine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

05-15-2013, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 336 View Post
This has not been confirmed. To be honest, it has always seemed so obvious and common sense to me that I don't see how it could be anything else. In any case, this is just the consensus of [I]the voices [/I] in my head, so we could be wrong.
How many are up there?

"I'm shootin' pool Fats, when I miss you can shoot."

Old
  (#80)
(((Satori)))
AzB Silver Member
(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute

05-15-2013, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Cases View Post
I would say that it was Vince. Because at that moment Vince was very strong, able to hand with the very best and Eddie was just coming back. By Eddie saying if he didn't beat Vince then he would beat him at the next spot or the next showed that Eddie clearly knew he wasn't a lock to win it.

And Vince would be playing from a position of anger wanting to bear down and show the old legend how it's done in the modern era.
Yeah

Poor Eddie stood no chance.

Old
  (#81)
JB Cases
www.jbcases.com
JB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5700
  Send a message via AIM to JB Cases Send a message via MSN to JB Cases Send a message via Yahoo to JB Cases Send a message via Skype™ to JB Cases 
05-15-2013, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by (((Satori))) View Post
Yeah

Poor Eddie stood no chance.
Didn't say no chance. Just not a lock to win. Eddie was on the comeback right then and playing pool for the desire to win and not just the money. So it wasn't about beating Vince right then, but being present among the best and eventually being the best, again.

Design Your Own Case. <---click here
The world's first and only online cue case designer brought to you by JB Cases. Try it.

jb@jbcases.com Skype: jbideas

Center To Edge Aiming Works. See it for yourself here.

Stan Shuffet's You Tube Channel. - CTE Demonstrations

"No such thing as a 1/2 ball hit....." - Duckie

Old
  (#82)
(((Satori)))
AzB Silver Member
(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute

05-15-2013, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Didn't say no chance. Just not a lock to win. Eddie was on the comeback right then and playing pool for the desire to win and not just the money. So it wasn't about beating Vince right then, but being present among the best and eventually being the best, again.
It is clear that he still possessed the same character flaw in TCOM that he possessed in TH. His history is filled with playing for the wrong reasons and making bad choices. His match with Vince at the end was both for the wrong reason and a bad choice.

Old
  (#83)
JB Cases
www.jbcases.com
JB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5700
  Send a message via AIM to JB Cases Send a message via MSN to JB Cases Send a message via Yahoo to JB Cases Send a message via Skype™ to JB Cases 
05-15-2013, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by (((Satori))) View Post
It is clear that he still possessed the same character flaw in TCOM that he possessed in TH. His history is filled with playing for the wrong reasons and making bad choices. His match with Vince at the end was both for the wrong reason and a bad choice.
I think we have a very different view on the match at the end. The match at the end, like the match at the end of The Hustler, is the redemption one, the one where you take the shot at being the best just to be the best and the money doesn't matter.

"About all that other stuff, I am not too proud of that, it's settled but it ain't finished, let's clean it up."

Design Your Own Case. <---click here
The world's first and only online cue case designer brought to you by JB Cases. Try it.

jb@jbcases.com Skype: jbideas

Center To Edge Aiming Works. See it for yourself here.

Stan Shuffet's You Tube Channel. - CTE Demonstrations

"No such thing as a 1/2 ball hit....." - Duckie

Old
  (#84)
stutz
did you call that?
stutz has a reputation beyond reputestutz has a reputation beyond reputestutz has a reputation beyond reputestutz has a reputation beyond reputestutz has a reputation beyond reputestutz has a reputation beyond reputestutz has a reputation beyond reputestutz has a reputation beyond reputestutz has a reputation beyond reputestutz has a reputation beyond reputestutz has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 900

05-15-2013, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdryden View Post
I think Vincent secretly knows Amos from the toy store, they both worked there and have been working on setting up Eddie from the start. He steered Amos for a cut of the action and then guilted Eddie into giving him some cash when he decided to quit!

I also have it on good authority that Carmen used to be a call girl.
NOW it all makes sense!!!!

Player: BHQ butterfly
Dust collecting player: Meucci HOF 1
Break: Pure X
Case: Sterling wave brown/tan 3x4 case
Tool: Last4Ever tip tool<<< love it

Old
  (#85)
Fatboy
AzB Silver Member
Fatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2400

05-15-2013, 03:30 PM

Carmen needs to bleach her teeth, cant put a girl like her on the pavement with a grill like that and expect to get paid, Pimpin' Fatboy, word up!

OG member of the Lock Society members or OG-LS;

Just call me Fat-Lock

im getting old and sloppy....

Old
  (#86)
(((Satori)))
AzB Silver Member

05-15-2013, 04:14 PM

Quote:
I think we have a very different view on the match at the end. The match at the end, like the match at the end of The Hustler, is the redemption one, the one where you take the shot at being the best just to be the best and the money doesn't matter.

"About all that other stuff, I am not too proud of that, it's settled but it ain't finished, let's clean it up."
I definitely don't view the last match in TH as stemming from the same motivation as the last match in TCOM. Eddie had an overwhelming need for recognition, a need for approval, a need to show he was the best. This flaw showed itself in many ways in both TCOM & TH but perhaps none more prevelant than in his relationship with Bert. Bert used this need for recognition to mess with Eddie in the first match with fats by telling him he was a born loser and then stuck with this theme to control Eddie and make him Bert's lackey. Sarah's death was a real eye opener for Eddie. Eddie finally saw what was important in life and he played fats, not to be the best, but to escape the mental chains of Bert.

I view the match at the end of TCOM as being another poor choice by Eddie based on his need to be recognized from others. He was way overmatched and had no business playing other than to show that he had fully regressed into the same guy in the beginning of the movie TH.,

"I'm back"

Old
  (#87)
The Kiss
AzB Silver Member
The Kiss has a reputation beyond reputeThe Kiss has a reputation beyond reputeThe Kiss has a reputation beyond reputeThe Kiss has a reputation beyond reputeThe Kiss has a reputation beyond reputeThe Kiss has a reputation beyond reputeThe Kiss has a reputation beyond reputeThe Kiss has a reputation beyond reputeThe Kiss has a reputation beyond reputeThe Kiss has a reputation beyond reputeThe Kiss has a reputation beyond repute

05-15-2013, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Novak View Post
Have you confirmed this? Or is this just another guess like so many others before you.. Ive heard that explanation before. Ive read many threads on many forums and at no time has the TK6 plate ever been confirmed. Just seems to be one of those things left up to everyones imagination....Like in Pulp Fiction "Whats in the brief case"?
I thought Freddy The Beard had an explanation about the license plate in another thread. The car belonged to someone else and that was his plate #

No
Old
  (#88)
ridinda9
AKA: Sandy Bagger
ridinda9 has a reputation beyond reputeridinda9 has a reputation beyond reputeridinda9 has a reputation beyond reputeridinda9 has a reputation beyond reputeridinda9 has a reputation beyond reputeridinda9 has a reputation beyond reputeridinda9 has a reputation beyond reputeridinda9 has a reputation beyond reputeridinda9 has a reputation beyond reputeridinda9 has a reputation beyond reputeridinda9 has a reputation beyond repute

No - 05-15-2013, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 336 View Post
The "TK 6" license plate came from the fact that Eddie sold Liquor. A case of one liter bottles of liquor contains 6 bottles. Take 6...
A case of one liter liquor bottles contains 12 bottles-3 deep and four across.
A case of 1.75 liter bottles contains 6 - 2 deep and 3 across, but very few bars use 1.75 liter bottles.

Geez, am I the only one who ever worked behind a bar???

"the good old days weren't always good , tomorrow ain't as bad as it seems " ~ Billy Joel , 1984

"I'm an angry Gumball , as angry as can be !" ~ Wrigley's Extra , 2003

"Whether it's a foul or not depends on the rules you're playing by . If it's bar rules , bring larger friends" ~ Bob Jewett , 2011

Seen it a hundred times at least....
Old
  (#89)
Jaden
Dun w/da bullshit 4awhile
Jaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5875

Seen it a hundred times at least.... - 05-15-2013, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM View Post
Best part of the movie ---> HERE
This is the first time I noticed this....

go to 8:40 in the above clip and watch the table as Deck is shooting. The CB is on the other end of the table and he's shooting the object balls straight into the holes with the cue stick....

They must not have been able to get enough takes with him actually making balls....lol...

Jaden

Last edited by Jaden; 05-15-2013 at 08:43 PM.

Never mind...
Old
  (#90)
Jaden
Dun w/da bullshit 4awhile
Jaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5875

Never mind... - 05-15-2013, 08:46 PM

The table is actually setup for the 6-9 combo that eddie shoots a little later and amos is shooting the balls straight where the camera can't see to allow a non cut to that shot as their talking... paused at 8:47 will show that...

JAden

Page 6 of 7 « First 456 7

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: