Milk Dud

rtbbf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any Milk Dud tip users out there...would like a little feed back like dislike....some say great some say nay

wontonny

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I say yea. They hold chalk very well, but are very hard. You can make your own too if you want.

I pre-press for a week, then drop it immediatley into half and half, microwave on high for 30s, put it in the fridge for another week, take it out, press in a vice for another week, et voila.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
As far as true duds... Pooldawg8/Jeff has em listed on the for sale area and has the process down from the tests I have done on them... The casein hardens the tip and for many players they are just the ticket...

If you are looking for something on the higher end I have the Outsville Ki-Techs which are an evolution of the milk dud in that they are single layered tips that are put thru chemical processing to impregnate them with hardening agents and elastomers to create tips that perform at the level of layered pigskin tips for a lower price.. They also withstand compression so that if you buy a soft you play with a soft until you wear it out.... But thats more sales pitch than I want to get into....

Jeff is a good guy and he makes the most consistent true dud I have seen so far... Buy a few and try them... If you want something a little different after that PM me... The question was about milk duds and he IMHO is the milk dud king.......

Chris

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
+1 for PoolDawg8's Milk Duds..

I received some as a gift from a fellow AZ'er and have been using them ever since. Definitely a harder tip, but plays great and holds chalk well. I shoot and break with my playing cue and after 6 months playing about 10 hours a week, it still hasn't mushroomed on me. A great tip imo.

Registered
PoolDawg8 makes a fantastic Milk Dud. I bought a half dozen and have been shooting with this tip for a few weeks and am sooooo impressed. It really does hold its shape like a hard tip and grip the ball as well as any soft tip I've ever used. They're worth a lot more than the $3 that he's charging. Do yourself a favor and PM PoolDawg8.

JoseV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool dawg makes the best from what I hear. I never tried them but like I said he makes the best.

Reading my posts means you consent to my incorrect spelling and poor typing skills.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
+1 for PoolDawg8's Milk Duds..

I received some as a gift from a fellow AZ'er and have been using them ever since. Definitely a harder tip, but plays great and holds chalk well. I shoot and break with my playing cue and after 6 months playing about 10 hours a week, it still hasn't mushroomed on me. A great tip imo.

Glad to hear you installed it. They are awesome playing tips and when you think of the quality/$ ratio...friggin mind blowing.

Hows about Chi? You see him at all anymore?

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can someone provide a link to what you're talking about. I gather they're some type of tip, but I'm not familiar with the term milk dud except as a candy.

Muziq

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
+1 for Pooldawg8's Milk Duds!

I've only tried Pooldawg8's Milk Duds and I'm very pleased with them. I think they play excellent, feel great and are a great product at a great price. I don't have one negative thing I could say about his tips. Hope this helps.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
Like Pooldawg's duds for sure.
Have one of Chris's Outsville mediums on my player now and love it too.
Can't go wrong either way.

prewarhero

guess my avatar
Silver Member
Interesting

Let me start by saying I have been and still play with pooldawg's milkdud tips and I have no problem paying 30 bucks for a layered tip as well(just
Had a kamui black put on a shaft just to try it.

I still choose to use the duds overall but my experience is different that other reviews- good and bad.
First, I do not feel these are very hard tips. I think they are not spongy list a soft tip might feel but they do not have that compressionless feel of a typical hard tip. They also hold chalk much better than a hard tip.

That being said, I don't think I holds it's shape as well as others feel.

Not the perfect tip but best quality/price ratio tip for sure. I will keep trying to find something I like better but so far ultraskin, kamui, and a few others weren't it.

Roger Long

Sonoran Cue Creations
Silver Member
Milk Duds play a little too hard for my style, but I have several customers who ask for them regularly.

Roger

DeadStick

i like turtles
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've had the same Milk Dud tip (from PoolDawg8) on my Lambros for a full year now, and couldn't be happier with it.

I play rotation games on 9-foot tables mostly, 2-3X per week. I also do a lot of power stroke drills, table-length straight-back draws, etc., and even do long jumps with my player occasionally. The only maintenance I do with the tip is to roll a Kamui Gator Grip over it pre-session (or after the rare miscue) to roughen-up the surface a bit.

The tip never mushrooms, never loses its shape, and felt perfect to me from day 1. Even though it's been on for a year, it has plenty of height left, and I expect to get at least another 8-10 months out of it.

Previously, I'd tried all the high-end layered tips, as I really don't mind spending the money – but none offered the same combination of shape-holding and performance. I'd go with the Milk Duds even if they were $25 each.

The only downside to the milk dud tip, imo, is the color, which is sort of a dusty, darkish blue. I'd prefer a black tip. S'pose I could dress the sides with a Sharpie marker, though.