Best woods going into ebony forearm! Show me pics help!

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
a nicely figured cocobolo with a reddish tint looks fantastic with ebony. but the trick is, everything looks good against a true ebony wood. burls are gourgeous, but real expensive.
the only wood ive never liked is purplewood, although it plays real nice. I saw a RAT cue cored with purplewood, that tjing must hit like a dream. Im going the opposite, my custom is being built with ebony points, birdseye maple forearm and cocobolo handle. wanted a three wood cue, we'll see how it comes out. my first custom being built for me, real excited myself. ive owned customs, but they never felt mine.

Busboy

Wanna Play Some?
Silver Member
a nicely figured cocobolo with a reddish tint looks fantastic with ebony. but the trick is, everything looks good against a true ebony wood. burls are gourgeous, but real expensive.
the only wood ive never liked is purplewood, although it plays real nice. I saw a RAT cue cored with purplewood, that tjing must hit like a dream. Im going the opposite, my custom is being built with ebony points, birdseye maple forearm and cocobolo handle. wanted a three wood cue, we'll see how it comes out. my first custom being built for me, real excited myself. ive owned customs, but they never felt mine.

Yea this is harder then I thought

larry732

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can't go wrong with redwood burl and ebony with accent rings.
20140502_0006.jpg

Last edited:

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here's a box cue from Bob Owen that uses Amboyna burl and Ebony are two of my favorites, and a handle.

Attachments

• Owen-full2.JPG
    Owen-full2.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 626

meridianblades

BIG SHILL
Silver Member
I love afzelia on ebony:
and a rich, red amboyna.
1_zpsdcdb9df1.jpg

HAHAHAHAHA....lets keep the knife wood pics to a minimum. Everybody knows knife wood burls grows on different trees and lay in different bogs than "cue wood".... :grin:

I like the Aussie burls for pairing with ebony - Red ones (Red Mallee / Red Morell / Vasticola)...

nVcyS6H.jpg

LuckyStroke

Full Splic Addict
Silver Member
I see a match brewing. AZ young guns ddadams vs busboy. One cleans tables the other one owns a diner. St. Louis vs Indy. I'll back you buddy, you had to learn something playing with Justin.

Keep on posting......

Can I get in on this? I run a fast food restaurant to keep in line with the culinary theme. Indy vs. St Louis vs. the Star city. Ya gotta have someone to represent the dirrrrty south. Oh yeah, I'm just a four ;)

homer66_59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ebony Cue's

Here is a Bob Manzino 6pt Ebony and Curly Maple and an Andy Gilbert Ebony with Ivory,Silver,Copper and MOP. I think they look awesome . I am still in Trashcanistan and have not gotten home to take my own pics yet. I hope Jamie AKA Worminator and Troy from New2YouQ's wont mind me using their picture from when I bought the cue . Thank you . Tim

Attachments

• Bob Manzino Ebony Cue .jpg
    Bob Manzino Ebony Cue .jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 601
  • Gilbert MOP.jpg
    Gilbert MOP.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 640
Last edited:

ziggystardust

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lucky stroke

You are in if you can get to St. Louis....

Just a couple questions about your qualifications: (fast food manager?) Is there such
a thing as fast anything in the south?

Come on a 4, how can anyone be a 4 on those little tables with such big pockets?

Star City?...We can move the match there if you have good bar-b-que. Busboy, you
have a car?

homer66_59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ZiggyStardust

Thank you for the kind words . I am looking forward to getting home later this summer and actually getting too see them first hand. And of course play a few games with a cold beer :thumbup:

rigmaster

my puppy is on the left!
Silver Member
Here is my Ebony and Snakewood Tascarella it looks much better in person or if I could take pictures...

Last edited:

Busboy

Wanna Play Some?
Silver Member
Thanks for sharing everyone and yes I have a car lol doesn't everyone? I really like flame point cues on ebony :thumbup:

ziggystardust

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Busboy.....

You time with Mark will be worth every penny. Best investment I have spent in pool. He showed me stuff with my stroke that I would have bet money that I wasn't doing. Can't wait to go back. I was going to get ahold of you when I was there but you were at smoking aces.

Tell Mark I said Hi when you see him.

Thanks, Carl

Busboy

Wanna Play Some?
Silver Member
Anyone have some Cocobolo going into ebony if so would love too see it?