Reoccurring Dreams.
Old
  (#1)
Blue Hog ridr
World Famous Fisherman.
Blue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Reoccurring Dreams. - 02-05-2017, 01:46 PM

Robin's thread about UFOs got me to thinking about these.

I would be sitting on the roof of the house that I grew up in. I would be starring at a sky full of stars. I would suddenly realize that the stars were moving. They were UFOs and we were being invaded. It wasn't like a Night Mare Scary dream, but it always left me with a feeling of dread in my stomach.

Another one. I felt that I was no longer on Earth. I would be standing beside the same building, and in the sky, I would see strange flying vessels. They weren't UFO's in the way that we know them to be, but strange, and they were flying. Sometimes almost comical in the way they were shaped.

I had a few other dreams of UFOs, but these were to 2 main recurring dreams. Always had dreams of witnessing plane crashes. Way too many of those.

Probably the most fun that I had was, Flying. Those were the best. Sub conscience Astral Projections as they are referred to. Those were the best. Still get the odd one.

Ah, the other one always took place at a hill behind our cottage. At the base of the hill, there was a grate that I would put my ear down to. I could hear noises, like machinery and such down below. Never figured that one out until I read about the supposed Alien Bases underground on Earth.

I know that if you Google, Dreams about UFO's the answer is always the same.

Edgar Cayce used to dream, or trance, and be in touch with Aliens.

So, anyone else that had the same, or can relate some of their own recurring dreams.

Any UFO's or something similar.

To play Pool, is to suffer.
To learn to be a better player, is to find some meaning in the suffering.

Dhurka, Dhurka, Allah, Muhammad Jihad

Ditto on that!
Old
  (#2)
336Robin
aimisthegameinpool.com
336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute

Ditto on that! - 02-05-2017, 02:12 PM

I used to have one and the memory goes back to my youth when I would watch Star Trek on my Grandfathers knee.

In my dream I'd be on the deck of the StarShip Enterprise just like in the TV Series and Captain Kirk and the Crew....would be on deck. Ohura, Chekov, the Helmsman, Spock , Dr. McCoy and Kirk and his Yeoman whoever that was and they were in some kind of big trouble. Whenever that happened they would shake the ship around like something had it in a strangle hold and you knew that things were bad.

In the TV series that was usually prompted by things calming down and then an ascent to a strange and wonderful planet of mysterious new things.

In my dreams I'd just wake up or not remember the outcome.

Man what a great time in my life! Thanks for that memory Blue Hog Rider! Awesome! Greenies!

"Let your "Stick" do the talking!"

336Robin
"Improve your shot making forever for $3.99!"

The Target Ball Concept-Aiming,
The Flight of the Cue Ball-Aiming Adjusted for Side Spin,
Robbing the Bank Shot!-Pass Over Banking
Change your game for a couple of Bucks! and
Comes with a lesson!

Old
  (#3)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member
Sofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

02-05-2017, 02:19 PM

I've had many flying dreams, but they stopped a fair time ago, so far as I remember any.

I've never had UFO or plane crash dreams.

I have had nuclear fireball and mushroom cloud blasts on the horizon dreams. A couple. Not recently.

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.

― Garry Kasparov

... the line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either -- but right through every human heart -- and through all human hearts.

― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

Old
  (#4)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
02-05-2017, 02:26 PM

Often, if I have a fever I have a specific dream.

I am standing next to something and turn to look at it and it is taller than I, so I tilt my head to raise my horizon and it just goes up and up. It is huge...massive.

Then I wake up, sort of from of a sense of fear. Used to piss me off that I couldn't discern the thing, but I am used to it now.

Maybe it doesn't bug me because I think the meaning is that I am insignificant by some measures.

And I am pretty sure it is a rocket, btw. I don't think you are supposed to stand right next to them...

Old
  (#5)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

02-05-2017, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post

And I am pretty sure it is a rocket, btw. I don't think you are supposed to stand right next to them...
I guess this explains why you haven't made a game with Rodney Morris.....

...or Ronnie O'Sullivan

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#6)
memikey
Never Has Been
memikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond repute

02-06-2017, 06:59 AM

Plane crashes are mine. I'm always on the ground watching it get into difficulty before it plummets to the ground with the actual impact out of view to me but close enough for me to start running towards it to try to help. Then the dream abruptly stops

Mike

Old
  (#7)
philly
AzB Silver Member
philly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond repute

02-06-2017, 07:48 AM

No recurring dreams. They are all different, singular. I love dreaming. Usually means I got a good night's sleep and always wake exceptionally refreshed. I also believe there is no such thing as a "sweet dream." All dreams are somewhat weird and disturbing. Yet I love to dream.

Pool may not build character but it certainly will reveal it.

"Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis" Unencumbered By The Thought Process

How do you feel? Fast and loose, man.

Effective Dreams
Old
  (#8)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum
Slide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond repute

Effective Dreams - 02-06-2017, 11:00 AM

I remember a show on PBS I think. Lathe of God. There is also a book.

The guy had dreams and what he dreamed changed reality. His psychiatrist planted
ideas to change the dreams. The Dr then became head of a huge psychiatrist
hospital. He initiated a dream to eliminate racism. The result was everyone was the
same grey color.

Effective Dreams
I have a kind of what I call an effective dream. It occurs to solve problems.
Something I have spent considerable time on. Something that is wrong. Something
that has a simple answer that is not known. Something that is bugging me.

The first I recall was in college. It was a computer program that was a major part of
my grade. The computer ran batch jobs. Submit your program on cards and wait for a
turnaround. Usually half a day. But as the term was coming to a close, students
submitted several requests every day. The result was a turnaround of a day and a
half or longer. I had a tight loop. The program just stopped and the computer
operator just wrote tight loop on my output. If I couldn't find and correct the error I
would fail the course.

I had a dream. In that dream I at every aspect and located the precise point. The
error. In the morning I changed one line of code and the program worked perfectly.

I have dreams now on an inconsistent basis. Something that I am engrossed in.
I had dreams about management decisions but today they are mostly about pool.

In every case the dreamed solution is effective. It works precisely as desired and the
problem is solved.

I have read about mathematicians that had similar experiences. One of my younger
brothers also has effective dreams but they are more often but about lessor
problems.

My pool buddies laugh about the dreams but are interested in my new perspectives.

My last dream was about the cue ball exit angle off a cut shot. Basically precise cue
ball positioning. I found something I have never seen before.

Effective dreams. Recommended.

Old
  (#9)
philly
AzB Silver Member
philly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond repute

02-06-2017, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slide Rule View Post
I remember a show on PBS I think. Lathe of God. There is also a book.

The guy had dreams and what he dreamed changed reality. His psychiatrist planted
ideas to change the dreams. The Dr then became head of a huge psychiatrist
hospital. He initiated a dream to eliminate racism. The result was everyone was the
same grey color.

Effective Dreams
I have a kind of what I call an effective dream. It occurs to solve problems.
Something I have spent considerable time on. Something that is wrong. Something
that has a simple answer that is not known. Something that is bugging me.

The first I recall was in college. It was a computer program that was a major part of
my grade. The computer ran batch jobs. Submit your program on cards and wait for a
turnaround. Usually half a day. But as the term was coming to a close, students
submitted several requests every day. The result was a turnaround of a day and a
half or longer. I had a tight loop. The program just stopped and the computer
operator just wrote tight loop on my output. If I couldn't find and correct the error I
would fail the course.

I had a dream. In that dream I at every aspect and located the precise point. The
error. In the morning I changed one line of code and the program worked perfectly.

I have dreams now on an inconsistent basis. Something that I am engrossed in.
I had dreams about management decisions but today they are mostly about pool.

In every case the dreamed solution is effective. It works precisely as desired and the
problem is solved.

I have read about mathematicians that had similar experiences. One of my younger
brothers also has effective dreams but they are more often but about lessor
problems.

My pool buddies laugh about the dreams but are interested in my new perspectives.

My last dream was about the cue ball exit angle off a cut shot. Basically precise cue
ball positioning. I found something I have never seen before.

Effective dreams. Recommended.

Yup. All dreams have a purpose in resolving conflicts. You're lucky. Seems like you remember all of yours.

Pool may not build character but it certainly will reveal it.

"Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis" Unencumbered By The Thought Process

How do you feel? Fast and loose, man.

Old
  (#10)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum
Slide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond repute

Talking 02-06-2017, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly View Post
Yup. All dreams have a purpose in resolving conflicts. You're lucky. Seems like you
remember all of yours.

Not sure I remember them all, but now they don't wake me at the end. I just
remember the effective solution. The dreams are an effort to have an uninhibited
mind do the work.

I had a dream about the forum with a cue builder poster. He does make nice cues.
Asinine posts. The solution was Obama is a Joke. That cleared the issue. Of course
it would take a persistence of effort. One mans solution can be anothers problem.

I have these type of effective dreams at a rate of 3 or so a year. Other dreams, I have
no or very limited recollection.

Old
  (#11)
Blue Hog ridr
World Famous Fisherman.
Blue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond repute

02-06-2017, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Plane crashes are mine. I'm always on the ground watching it get into difficulty before it plummets to the ground with the actual impact out of view to me but close enough for me to start running towards it to try to help. Then the dream abruptly stops
Altho I haven't had one in some time, that is pretty much like mine.

Sometimes the planes are flying in a strange fashion, like doing loops, but seldom.
Usually I am watching a passenger plane come in for a landing, and then something tells me that the plane is in trouble, the plane crashes, the dream is over.

The last few seconds always leaves me with a feeling of impending dread, or doom, and the fact that I can't do anything but watch.

So that likely relates back to something in my own life, altho I could never remember how it would at the time, so could have been something that was or is deeper seated.

Old
  (#12)
Island Drive
AzB Silver Member
Island Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond repute

02-06-2017, 04:22 PM

I know if I eat pumpkin seeds before bed, the dreams are not Good.

www.worldbilliardtour.com
Domain Name Only....

Bill Meacham

Old
  (#13)
Blue Hog ridr
World Famous Fisherman.

02-06-2017, 04:37 PM

That makes sense. Eating or drinking certain things can affect your Dreams.

I have tried my hand at Lucid Dreaming lately, but don't know much about it, other than usually sketchy instructions on the Internet.

Only on occasion will I remember an entire dream. Usually, if anything, bits and pieces, or I wake just knowing that I had a dream. And what I can recall usually fades rather quick.

There are a couple of devices that are worn before you retire for the night. These supposedly keep track of your brain waves or whatever and give you a light audible Beep when you hit Rem, and allow your brain to be awake for the time that you are dreaming.

A bit on the pricey side of things, altho sound interesting, I wouldn't spend that kind of money to take a chance that they may work. Apparently, people have had good results with them just the same.

Does communication dreams count
Old
  (#14)
336Robin
aimisthegameinpool.com
336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute

Does communication dreams count - 02-06-2017, 07:34 PM

Ive had communication dreams with my Grandfather, we were very close. He would visit me at really important times in my life and have a message. At a point he appeared to me in a dream and waved goodbye and I knew that he knew I was going to be alright ....this was 35 yrs ago. Recently I took up genealogy and we have some really tough family mysteries to solve.....so I have thought a lot about him, my childhood , my relatives that are gone etc. Well the other night my Grandfather returned, I was in the front yard of the old house and he came to me from around the corner of the porch. At a point he looked back to where he walked up from and then he turned to me and looked down so as not to look at me directly and he apologized for what he was putting me through and I was really unsually emotionally detached about it. I told him I understood it had to be this way. At a point he had to go, he nodded in agreement and then he left the same way he walked up. In the next couple of days after this I located the lost family bible, its out of state and I have to go get it.The search was initiated long before this dream and I wonder if I didnt call him up to my dreams and I wonder if its him wanting me to work out some things with our family tree leaving a pathway to the family history. I will always wonder if they are there and know exactly what were up to in this world. I have my suspicions they do.

"Let your "Stick" do the talking!"

336Robin
"Improve your shot making forever for $3.99!"

The Target Ball Concept-Aiming,
The Flight of the Cue Ball-Aiming Adjusted for Side Spin,
Robbing the Bank Shot!-Pass Over Banking
Change your game for a couple of Bucks! and
Comes with a lesson!

Last edited by 336Robin; 02-06-2017 at 07:38 PM.

Old
  (#15)
Blue Hog ridr
World Famous Fisherman.

02-06-2017, 07:49 PM

Quote:
I will always wonder if they are there and know exactly what were up to in this world. I have my suspicions they do.
That was kind of Chilling, in a good way.

Pretty sure you are correct on that one Robin. Everything that I have studied on the subject would say so also. Apparently, our deceased are allowed to return in a dream, and leave us a message. What makes yours, chilling in a way, that what you had was a pretty clear and concise meeting. And of course, the Message that was conveyed.

It is your Grandfather, which you were very close to, I would seriously take heed of any clear messages. Maybe he needs this taken care of on your side so he can rest.

I have been having the odd dream that I can remember lately. Some times, my Father, and some times, my Mother is in it also. The dreams have been a bit unsettling after I wake, and I almost don't have any ideas why that would be, as there didn't seem to be any sort of things that were said or done that would leave me feeling that they had a message for me.

Maybe when I do remember any details, I should write them down and later, they may make a bit of sense.

Just before my Father passed, I had a dream that I was with my Mother in a Grave Yard. The grave Yard was strange to me. Both of us were in our Ethereal bodies and not our physical ones, but I knew it was my Mother. She showed me 2 head stones, side by side. I knew one was hers, the other was to be my Fathers.

Of course, that dream could have been real, or just me with the knowledge that my Fathers times was near, and I was preoccupied with that thought.

Either way, the dream was quite real for me.

BTW, I read a story a few Moons ago. This ladies Father had been an avid Hunter all his life, and he gave up his guns. One day, she was in the yard working, a big Buck came right up to her and allowed her to pat him. This was before her father passed. After her Father passed, it happened one other time. This time, she was sure that the Buck was her Father. Real or not, was an interesting short read.

Last edited by Blue Hog ridr; 02-06-2017 at 08:02 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: