Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Cue and shaft reviews
Reload this Page using predator 314-3, do I really need a revo?

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
using predator 314-3, do I really need a revo?
Old
  (#1)
judochoke
AzB Silver Member
judochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

using predator 314-3, do I really need a revo? - 07-24-2019, 03:20 PM

I am using a predator 314-3 shaft on my lucsaci butt, for about two months now. pretty happy with the way it hits and plays. going to try a Zan hybrid tip as soon as I can get to my guy to install the new tip. but I keep reading and hearing all about the revo 12.9 shaft.

I have never owned a carbon shaft, and have only tried two shots with a guys revo shaft at the bar. I was surprised at how light the shaft was, and the ping was kind of weird. it did not excite me in the least.

BUT, I want all the help I can get. will a revo really improve my play over my 314???

I dont mind the money if It will really help my game. any input?? thanks, judo

Old
  (#2)
Thunder Thighs
learning daily...
Thunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2950

07-24-2019, 09:57 PM

I figured out a long time ago that I NEED stuff much less than I WANT them.

Old
  (#3)
RiverCity
~Chuck Fields~
RiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond repute

07-24-2019, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by judochoke View Post
I am using a predator 314-3 shaft on my lucsaci butt, for about two months now. pretty happy with the way it hits and plays. going to try a Zan hybrid tip as soon as I can get to my guy to install the new tip. but I keep reading and hearing all about the revo 12.9 shaft.

There will always be the next new thing

I have never owned a carbon shaft, and have only tried two shots with a guys revo shaft at the bar. I was surprised at how light the shaft was, and the ping was kind of weird. it did not excite me in the least.

Ive hit with them, wasnt impressed either.

BUT, I want all the help I can get. will a revo really improve my play over my 314???

Nope

Other than the answers in red. Whenever anything new comes out people jump all over it. Sometimes its just the flavor of the month, sometimes the items stick around.

Carbon shafts will be around, and at some point down the line might take over the market.

But they wont make you play any better. The wont do anything other than lightening your wallet, and giving you pride of ownership.

The best advice to 'get better' is to stop thinking about constantly changing what you are playing with, and stick with one cue/shaft until you get to a level you are happy with.

I don't like making plans for the day, because then the word "premeditated" gets thrown around in the courtroom.

Player: Schmelke Purpleheart into Ebony Fullsplice
Breaker: Poison
Case: JB Cases

Old
  (#4)
judochoke
AzB Silver Member
judochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond repute

07-24-2019, 11:06 PM

thanks river city. just the advice I was looking for. im still a work in progress in my game, and im pretty happy with my 314-3.

Old
  (#5)
Diege
AzB Bronze Member

Diege has a reputation beyond reputeDiege has a reputation beyond reputeDiege has a reputation beyond reputeDiege has a reputation beyond reputeDiege has a reputation beyond reputeDiege has a reputation beyond reputeDiege has a reputation beyond reputeDiege has a reputation beyond reputeDiege has a reputation beyond reputeDiege has a reputation beyond reputeDiege has a reputation beyond repute

07-25-2019, 07:12 AM

The Revo and the 314-3 will play around the same. Major differences is that the Revo will be smooth all the time, will not be as subject to humidity and will take more of a beating. The thickness of the shaft will likely differ slightly as well.

Last edited by Diege; 07-25-2019 at 07:22 AM.

Old
  (#6)
jtompilot
AzB Silver Member
jtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond repute

07-25-2019, 08:18 PM

I was playing with the 314-3 before I bought the Revo. I instantly fell in love with it. I beat a few people that I never beat before. After 6 months the placebo effect wore off and I’m back where I started from. I switched back to the 314-3 a little bit but I just like the feel of the Revo sliding thru my fingers better. I recently had a Kamui clear pad installed and it’s taken the harsh ting out of it. I haven’t got the mojo back but I’m not playing much either. I also tried the 12.0 Prime M but didn’t care for it, way more squirt.

Last edited by jtompilot; 07-25-2019 at 08:25 PM.

Old
  (#7)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

07-28-2019, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by judochoke View Post

They actually weigh around 4oz. which is really not considered light for a shaft. Balance point difference may have made it seem lighter.

Old
  (#8)
MmmSharp
AzB Silver Member
MmmSharp has a reputation beyond reputeMmmSharp has a reputation beyond reputeMmmSharp has a reputation beyond reputeMmmSharp has a reputation beyond reputeMmmSharp has a reputation beyond reputeMmmSharp has a reputation beyond reputeMmmSharp has a reputation beyond reputeMmmSharp has a reputation beyond reputeMmmSharp has a reputation beyond reputeMmmSharp has a reputation beyond reputeMmmSharp has a reputation beyond repute

08-02-2019, 08:54 AM

If you have an chance to try one first before pulling the trigger I would suggest that. I tried the 12.4 radial revo and I was impressed. it made drawing the ball effortless for my stroke.

I agree with the others, the difference will be with how it feels on your bridge, and probably cue balance. it wont really change your game much.

Everyone I know ended up getting rid of theirs eventually. they found it brought a lot of attention since they are still relatively new, and they didn't want to carry around something that expensive and obvious. Just something else to consider.

Old
  (#9)
newcuer
AzB Silver Member
newcuer has a reputation beyond reputenewcuer has a reputation beyond reputenewcuer has a reputation beyond reputenewcuer has a reputation beyond reputenewcuer has a reputation beyond reputenewcuer has a reputation beyond reputenewcuer has a reputation beyond reputenewcuer has a reputation beyond reputenewcuer has a reputation beyond reputenewcuer has a reputation beyond reputenewcuer has a reputation beyond repute

08-02-2019, 11:41 AM

All you need is love.

Old
  (#10)
RiverCity
~Chuck Fields~
RiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond repute

08-02-2019, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcuer View Post
All you need is love.
This is pool mister.

Fook love, you need a repeatable stroke.

I don't like making plans for the day, because then the word "premeditated" gets thrown around in the courtroom.

Player: Schmelke Purpleheart into Ebony Fullsplice
Breaker: Poison
Case: JB Cases

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: