AzBilliards.com  
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Rkc250
Old
  (#1)
Ipmtim
AzB Silver Member
Ipmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Rkc250 - 09-05-2019, 03:57 PM

I purchased a qt in support of Glenn.
I am replacing the cloth on a table I'm setting up and would like
some tips on usage.
Did the search thing, but nothing on how to use it.
TIA
Tim

Old
  (#2)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

trentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond repute

09-06-2019, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipmtim View Post
I purchased a qt in support of Glenn.
I am replacing the cloth on a table I'm setting up and would like
some tips on usage.
Did the search thing, but nothing on how to use it.
TIA
Tim
Tim,

It would be very very difficult to step by step teach you how to do the adhesive installation method via a post on this forum.
You should hire someone who works on Diamond tables to install the cloth for you, they should be very familiar with the adhesive installation method. Good luck to you.

Trent from Toledo

Old
  (#3)
bradsh98
Bradshaw Billiard Service
bradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond repute

09-06-2019, 08:20 AM

Part 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rr8JAT7VWo

Part 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arYF5YqgW7Q

Geoff Bradshaw

I play with a Hammond Custom Cue. You should too.

Old
  (#4)
rexus31
AzB Silver Member
rexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 542

09-06-2019, 08:48 AM

Nice! Thank you for sharing!

"What 'aint no country I ever heard of. They speak English in What?" - Jules Winnfield

Old
  (#5)
Ipmtim
AzB Silver Member
Ipmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond repute

09-06-2019, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentfromtoledo View Post
Tim,

It would be very very difficult to step by step teach you how to do the adhesive installation method via a post on this forum.
You should hire someone who works on Diamond tables to install the cloth for you, they should be very familiar with the adhesive installation method. Good luck to you.

Trent from Toledo
No disrespect and thanks for the advice. I will tackle this myself. As a journeyman patternmaker (extra points to anyone who can tell me what that is), I also have 20+ years experience with CAD/CAM as a designer and cnc programmer. I've also built 2 houses, one an original style log cabin, also restored several cars. This is just the beginning of my skill set. I"m pretty sure I can stretch,trim and glue down some cloth.
Besides all this if I pay someone, I won't learn it.
All I asked for is a few tips.
The cloth I took off had glue on the outer 3-4" of the top of the slate, I'm pretty sure that is not right as I have gathered the glue goes on the edge of the slate.
Now, do you guys glue all around the whole slate or a section at a time?
Drying time?
Working time?
Just some basic stuff.
Also I did purchase the Simonis videos on installation.
TIA
Tim

Last edited by Ipmtim; 09-06-2019 at 02:38 PM.

Old
  (#6)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5785

09-06-2019, 02:36 PM

Quote:
No disrespect and thanks for the advice. I will tackle this myself. As a journeyman patternmaker (extra points to anyone who can tell me what that is), I also have 20+ years experience with CAD/CAM as a designer and cnc programmer. I've also built 2 houses, one an original style log cabin, also restored several cars. This is just the beginning of my skill set. I"m pretty sure I can stretch,trim and glue down some cloth.
Besides all this if I pay somone, I won't learn it.
All I asked for is a few tips.
The cloth I took off had glue on the outer 3-4" of the top of the slate, I'm pretty sure that is not right as I have gathered the glue goes on the edge of the slate.
Drying time?
Working time?
Just some basic stuff.
Also I did purchase the Simonis videos on installation.
TIA
Tim
Call me 702-927-5689

Old
  (#7)
Ipmtim
AzB Silver Member

09-07-2019, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by realkingcobra View Post
Call me 702-927-5689
Glenn, I'm a few days away from recovering.
I will call you then........Thanks.
Tim

Old
  (#8)
Ssonerai
AzB Silver Member
Ssonerai has a reputation beyond reputeSsonerai has a reputation beyond reputeSsonerai has a reputation beyond reputeSsonerai has a reputation beyond reputeSsonerai has a reputation beyond reputeSsonerai has a reputation beyond reputeSsonerai has a reputation beyond reputeSsonerai has a reputation beyond reputeSsonerai has a reputation beyond reputeSsonerai has a reputation beyond reputeSsonerai has a reputation beyond repute

09-07-2019, 12:28 PM

Quote:
As a journeyman patternmaker (extra points to anyone who can tell me what that is)
I guess you can hi-jack your own post, & I'm just too susceptible to bad influence.

Sometimes i kind of resemble the apprentice version!
I do make foundry patterns from time to time, but not my primary job.
Besides some aluminum av products, i made patterns for, & used to sell a couple versions of straight edge.

How many points do i need?

More points for anyone who actually knows what a real straight edge is.

smt

Old
  (#9)
Ipmtim
AzB Silver Member

09-08-2019, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssonerai View Post
I guess you can hi-jack your own post, & I'm just too susceptible to bad influence.

Sometimes i kind of resemble the apprentice version!
I do make foundry patterns from time to time, but not my primary job.
Besides some aluminum av products, i made patterns for, & used to sell a couple versions of straight edge.

How many points do i need?

More points for anyone who actually knows what a real straight edge is.

smt
Outstanding, that makes both of us dinosaurs. lol
Not many of us left. I used to own a pattern shop and foundry for many years. Now I mostly design and program CNC's.

Old
  (#10)
bradsh98
bradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond repute

09-09-2019, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Drying time?
Working time?
Just some basic stuff.
Tim
The Simonis DVDs will not show you the process for using RKC250, or any other type of roll-on contact cement.

Did you watch the linked videos that I posted? The videos are in real-time. They are using 3M-10 in the videos, but RKC250 is applied the same way. I might recommend that you watch the videos before calling Glen, so that you have a better understanding of what he tells you.

Geoff Bradshaw

I play with a Hammond Custom Cue. You should too.

Old
  (#11)
Ipmtim
AzB Silver Member

09-09-2019, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradsh98 View Post
The Simonis DVDs will not show you the process for using RKC250, or any other type of roll-on contact cement.

Did you watch the linked videos that I posted? The videos are in real-time. They are using 3M-10 in the videos, but RKC250 is applied the same way. I might recommend that you watch the videos before calling Glen, so that you have a better understanding of what he tells you.
Yes I did. Very informative.
I figured I'd do as much homework as possible before I waste Glenns time.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: