Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Redesigning the 15 billiard balls
Page 2 of 3 12 3

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
YOLO
AzB Silver Member
YOLO has a reputation beyond reputeYOLO has a reputation beyond reputeYOLO has a reputation beyond reputeYOLO has a reputation beyond reputeYOLO has a reputation beyond reputeYOLO has a reputation beyond reputeYOLO has a reputation beyond reputeYOLO has a reputation beyond reputeYOLO has a reputation beyond reputeYOLO has a reputation beyond reputeYOLO has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-26-2019, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCity View Post
To hell with the balls, I want to redesign the table. I think if we add 6 more pockets, a few bumpers, some kickout holes, and flippers at every pocket that your opponent can control 3 times during a match to reject a shot....... We would be able to get this game in the Olympics, and all of our players would be multimillionaires.

Hey pinball is in a renaissance period, might as well borrow from that game to make this game all that it can be.
A table with 20 pockets and small rails. The object is to hit 4 rails with the object ball and not pocket the ball. Sounds like fun!

Playing Cue: Off the Wall
Break/Jump Cue: Off the Wall
Mood: You guessed it... Off the Wall
YOLO = You Only Live Once
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, penniless, shouting, 'Holy Sh*t! What a ride!'"

Old
  (#17)
erhino41
AzB Silver Member
erhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond repute

10-26-2019, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garczar View Post
You still watchin non-HD somehow? On HD the tv balls aren't any easier to see.
Some people with different color perception than you may disagree.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Old
  (#18)
Ty Arnold
AzB Silver Member
Ty Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTy Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTy Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTy Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTy Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTy Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTy Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTy Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTy Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTy Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTy Arnold has a reputation beyond repute

10-26-2019, 12:08 PM

There are 2 balls of each color with the stripe and solids we currently have. I don't know about 15 different colors to differentiate the balls. People already seem to have trouble with 8 colors let alone 15.

Old
  (#19)
JazzyJeff87
AzB Plutonium Member
JazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond repute

10-26-2019, 12:25 PM

I wouldn’t want all the balls to change now but I’d like to have my own set of all solid colored balls. Most likely red like snooker. It looks so beautiful with a solid ball, no numbers and nothing breaking up the color to even give the indication that it’s rolling.

For 8 ball I like the reds and yellows, but the set that aramith makes has an 8 on the black. Totally ruins it for me.

But like for 1 pocket or straight pool there is no reason for any color or numbers and personally I could do with a 9-10 ball set for rotation where you just remember what the colors mean. No markings at all. Just need to find 2 cool colors to add to the list.

I think a decent amount of snookers “viewer success” is because the balls are all solid colors and they just look so damn sexy against that green.

Old
  (#20)
justnum
AzB Silver Member
justnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond repute

10-26-2019, 12:31 PM

I have always wanted an option to close the pocket. But pocket blockers are not sold.
Mainly to make a pool table a carom table.

As for creating new billiard games based on a new billiard set design, bonus ball did that.

II have been interested in a set that are silent. No collision noise billiard balls, mostly because it can be an annoying noise for non pool players.

Old
  (#21)
DecentShot
AzB Silver Member
DecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond repute

10-26-2019, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justnum View Post
With the exception of 8 ball, all other popular pocket billiard games do not require having solids and stripes.

Non-8ball tournaments have outgrown the use for solids and stripes.

Should there be a re-consideration for how to design the balls?

Would just numbering them be adequate, or should there be multiple versions of the 15 ball set?

Would including more than 15 balls be something to help develop new games?

Would billiard companies consider selling just a 9ball or 10 ball set?
If only someone would come up with a new game and a new set of balls I bet it would really take off.
http://wpbltv.com/

Old
  (#22)
CESSNA10
AzB Gold Member
CESSNA10 has a reputation beyond reputeCESSNA10 has a reputation beyond reputeCESSNA10 has a reputation beyond reputeCESSNA10 has a reputation beyond reputeCESSNA10 has a reputation beyond reputeCESSNA10 has a reputation beyond reputeCESSNA10 has a reputation beyond reputeCESSNA10 has a reputation beyond reputeCESSNA10 has a reputation beyond reputeCESSNA10 has a reputation beyond reputeCESSNA10 has a reputation beyond repute

10-26-2019, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecentShot View Post
If only someone would come up with a new game and a new set of balls I bet it would really take off.
There are already numerous games that are never played, so why would we need another one? No one plays the greatest game of all anymore straight pool

Old
  (#23)
DecentShot
AzB Silver Member
DecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond repute

10-26-2019, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESSNA10 View Post
There are already numerous games that are never played, so why would we need another one? No one plays the greatest game of all anymore straight pool
I guess we don't. My vote for greatest game is 61 full rotation, I don't want to watch players feather a rack over and over and over in a 30 minute safety battle.

Old
  (#24)
hang-the-9
AzB Silver Member
hang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-28-2019, 07:10 AM

Quote:
With the exception of 8 ball, all other popular pocket billiard games do not require having solids and stripes.

Non-8ball tournaments have outgrown the use for solids and stripes.

Should there be a re-consideration for how to design the balls?

Would just numbering them be adequate, or should there be multiple versions of the 15 ball set?

Would including more than 15 balls be something to help develop new games?

Would billiard companies consider selling just a 9ball or 10 ball set?
What about 3 ball and 7 ball?

They can make a lot of money by selling the same guy 5 different balls sets instead of 1.

Now more than 15 balls may be interesting, but that can be done by just buying two sets.

"I'll back you against anyone, as long as you did not know you were playng for money"

Charter member of the D-Bag Club, we stick to the letter of the rules not the spirit, and up yours!

Old
  (#25)
justnum
AzB Silver Member
justnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond repute

10-28-2019, 07:55 AM

Having a training set with different weights.

A lighter weight set for practicing feather and soft touches with the cue.

And a heavier weight set for practicing power and accuracy.

Having different weights to the ball would be a great training aid and help the industry sell new products.

Old
  (#26)
gogg
AzB Silver Member
gogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond repute

10-28-2019, 07:59 AM

Quote:
I have always wanted an option to close the pocket. But pocket blockers are not sold.
Mainly to make a pool table a carom table.

As for creating new billiard games based on a new billiard set design, bonus ball did that.

II have been interested in a set that are silent. No collision noise billiard balls, mostly because it can be an annoying noise for non pool players.
Look on youtube for dan Benicas.... his insert/ blockers work very well.
Not like a true billiard table, but as well as it can work on a pool-table.

Even a bad day at the table is better than a good day at work!

“A man, as a general rule,owes very little to what he is born with.
A man is what he makes of himself.”
Alexander Graham Bell

Old
  (#27)
whammo57
Kim Walker
whammo57 has a reputation beyond reputewhammo57 has a reputation beyond reputewhammo57 has a reputation beyond reputewhammo57 has a reputation beyond reputewhammo57 has a reputation beyond reputewhammo57 has a reputation beyond reputewhammo57 has a reputation beyond reputewhammo57 has a reputation beyond reputewhammo57 has a reputation beyond reputewhammo57 has a reputation beyond reputewhammo57 has a reputation beyond repute

10-28-2019, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecentShot View Post
they already did............ called it Bonus Ball............. we all know were that went...........................

Kim

Walker Custom Cues

Southern Cue Systems

http://www.facebook.com/groups/366326706736784/

Old
  (#28)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

10-28-2019, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyJeff87 View Post
I wouldn’t want all the balls to change now but I’d like to have my own set of all solid colored balls. Most likely red like snooker. It looks so beautiful with a solid ball, no numbers and nothing breaking up the color to even give the indication that it’s rolling.

For 8 ball I like the reds and yellows, but the set that aramith makes has an 8 on the black. Totally ruins it for me.

But like for 1 pocket or straight pool there is no reason for any color or numbers and personally I could do with a 9-10 ball set for rotation where you just remember what the colors mean. No markings at all. Just need to find 2 cool colors to add to the list.

I think a decent amount of snookers “viewer success” is because the balls are all solid colors and they just look so damn sexy against that green.
Straight pool and banks...I wanna see the video where a shot is called....
...”That ball in the corner.”
.....and then the fight starts

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#29)
gogg
AzB Silver Member
gogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond repute

10-28-2019, 08:13 AM

I love the look of centennials... a new “richer” colored version of the same standards would be awesome!
Deeper colors, and unblemishable surface...( hey, if we are dreaming here...)
And add a very thin stripe of black around the edges of the color stripe, that would look awesome

Even a bad day at the table is better than a good day at work!

“A man, as a general rule,owes very little to what he is born with.
A man is what he makes of himself.”
Alexander Graham Bell

Last edited by gogg; 10-28-2019 at 08:16 AM.

Old
  (#30)
JazzyJeff87
AzB Plutonium Member
JazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond repute

10-28-2019, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post
Straight pool and banks...I wanna see the video where a shot is called....
...”That ball in the corner.”
.....and then the fight starts
Banks would be easy enough I suppose since one called ball went clean or not. But a dead ball in straight pool I can see some issues arising lol. Still I think overall the beauty of a solid color wins out. I’m a sucker for visuals.

Page 2 of 3 12 3

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: