Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page world 14.1 updates
Page 3 of 9 123 45 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
RShellhouse
AzB Silver Member
RShellhouse has a reputation beyond reputeRShellhouse has a reputation beyond reputeRShellhouse has a reputation beyond reputeRShellhouse has a reputation beyond reputeRShellhouse has a reputation beyond reputeRShellhouse has a reputation beyond reputeRShellhouse has a reputation beyond reputeRShellhouse has a reputation beyond reputeRShellhouse has a reputation beyond reputeRShellhouse has a reputation beyond reputeRShellhouse has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

08-25-2009, 08:04 AM

I would agree except there were an awful lot of empty seat in the venue. Anytime the demand exceeds the availability higher prices are called for...when demand is far less than availability isn't it better to make some money vs no money?

I know players that Comet is their home pool room who won't pay 50 to watch.

Take the number of available seats...start with 1/3 at say 20 a day...keep 1/3 for "session" tickets at say 10 and a 1/3 for VIP at 30 a day and make the VIP the best seats...

If you start filling up with the 20 a day tickets well keep selling them...you have people buying 30 keep selling em...

but what do I know?

R

Old
  (#32)
Gerry
AzB Silver Member
Gerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond repute

08-25-2009, 10:06 AM

You all that know me here know I'm a BIG 14.1 fan and have been for 20 years. I'm also not too far from Comet, maybe 1-1/2 hrs. I looked up the tourey info and saw the rates and decided not to go because of the rates. Don't get me wrong, I have the $$$ to go, but i'd like to see at least 2 days and the finals and that would be like $400 for me and the wife with expenses, and not even staying there over night. For that same money we could basically hit Vegas for the weekend!!!

Some say "it's not a lot of $$$ to watch the Pros".....uh yea, it is, especially in these times. If you want more people to get into the game....MAKE SURE YOU JAM THE PLACE FULL OF SPECTATORS!....not charge $50 a day to watch.

Then I checked out the online stream....WOW! compared to TAR, AZB TV, OTR, etc. the rates are too much, even though I will buy it. 50 or 60 bucks can get you a TON of online streaming IMO. Also comparing the the price to go see the 14.1 worlds a world series is a little silly.

anyway, I really don't do that much whinning, but this caught me off guard cause I planned to go watch.

G.

No short term memory and no expectation!=Dead stroke!

bump
Old
  (#33)
oldzilla
Accu-Stats Messenger
oldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1050

bump - 08-25-2009, 11:22 AM

justa bump to the top !

Old
  (#34)
Scott Lee
AzB Silver Member

Scott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

08-25-2009, 11:23 AM

Gerry...Good to see you back posting! I was in Comet last Thursday night and Friday night. I've taught several lessons in there, and always been treated wonderfully by Bill and his staff. That said, I can't imagine what Dragon has done to justify these prices. Are there bleachers?...backed seats? Where are they putting them? I can't believe that Bill would allow tables to be moved, to make room for raised seating. Somebody who is there, or watching the feed, clue me in. What kind of seating arrangements are there?

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
You all that know me here know I'm a BIG 14.1 fan and have been for 20 years. I'm also not too far from Comet, maybe 1-1/2 hrs. I looked up the tourey info and saw the rates and decided not to go because of the rates. Don't get me wrong, I have the $$$ to go, but i'd like to see at least 2 days and the finals and that would be like $400 for me and the wife with expenses, and not even staying there over night. For that same money we could basically hit Vegas for the weekend!!!

Some say "it's not a lot of $$$ to watch the Pros".....uh yea, it is, especially in these times. If you want more people to get into the game....MAKE SURE YOU JAM THE PLACE FULL OF SPECTATORS!....not charge $50 a day to watch.

Then I checked out the online stream....WOW! compared to TAR, AZB TV, OTR, etc. the rates are too much, even though I will buy it. 50 or 60 bucks can get you a TON of online streaming IMO. Also comparing the the price to go see the 14.1 worlds a world series is a little silly.

anyway, I really don't do that much whinning, but this caught me off guard cause I planned to go watch.

G.

PBIA Master Instructor

?
Old
  (#35)
oldzilla
Accu-Stats Messenger
oldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond repute

? - 08-25-2009, 12:46 PM

the updates are coming a little slower today. i will how ever keep posting them as soon as i recieve them. thank you for your patience.

geeeeze
Old
  (#36)
oldzilla
Accu-Stats Messenger

geeeeze - 08-25-2009, 02:44 PM

i gotta bump it myself i guess !

Update
Old
  (#37)
RShellhouse
AzB Silver Member
RShellhouse has a reputation beyond reputeRShellhouse has a reputation beyond reputeRShellhouse has a reputation beyond reputeRShellhouse has a reputation beyond reputeRShellhouse has a reputation beyond reputeRShellhouse has a reputation beyond reputeRShellhouse has a reputation beyond reputeRShellhouse has a reputation beyond reputeRShellhouse has a reputation beyond reputeRShellhouse has a reputation beyond reputeRShellhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Update - 08-25-2009, 03:10 PM

Grady lost to Yu Ram 100-90 i believe the final was....

as for the seating...they pulled the chairs up along the edge (maybe 12 feet) along the center tables...between the center and outer edge of tables to be exact....

I was in this morning...paid 25 and then was going to stay and asked could i just pay the difference in the day (40) and the session (25) and was told I would have to pay the full 25. I needed to make up my mind when i first paid...

so i left....

R

Old
  (#38)
Gerry
AzB Silver Member
Gerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond repute

08-25-2009, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Lee View Post
Gerry...Good to see you back posting! I was in Comet last Thursday night and Friday night. I've taught several lessons in there, and always been treated wonderfully by Bill and his staff. That said, I can't imagine what Dragon has done to justify these prices. Are there bleachers?...backed seats? Where are they putting them? I can't believe that Bill would allow tables to be moved, to make room for raised seating. Somebody who is there, or watching the feed, clue me in. What kind of seating arrangements are there?

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Hi Scott, how have you been? yup, it's that time of year for me to start hitting balls again. Plus I have a new cue coming in the mail any day I was golfing quite a bit, but I picked up a bothersome wrist pain?....so I quit....good thing it's my bridge hand!

G.

No short term memory and no expectation!=Dead stroke!

Old
  (#39)
Scott Lee
AzB Silver Member

Scott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

08-25-2009, 05:30 PM

RShellhouse...That's what I expected. It doesn't sound anything like the seating setup I've seen at other big tournaments, and setting a high price won't help.

What they did to you was outrageous. They need every fan there they can get...and they're turning them away!

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by RShellhouse View Post
as for the seating...they pulled the chairs up along the edge (maybe 12 feet) along the center tables...between the center and outer edge of tables to be exact....

R

PBIA Master Instructor

Old
  (#40)
Joe_Jaguar
AzB Silver Member
Joe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond repute

08-25-2009, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RShellhouse View Post
Grady lost to Yu Ram 100-90 i believe the final was....
R
Saw these scores posted.

Brackets:
http://mxmbilliards.com/brackets/predator14.htm

Full schedule of round robins through tomorrow night:
http://mxmbilliards.com/2009/08/wome...-championship/

Old
  (#41)
RShellhouse
AzB Silver Member

08-25-2009, 06:00 PM

They may be what they posted by Grady had 87 going into the last rack and ran a few....

strange...

Old
  (#42)
finnegan
AzB Bronze Member
finnegan is a jewel in the roughfinnegan is a jewel in the roughfinnegan is a jewel in the roughfinnegan is a jewel in the rough

08-26-2009, 12:19 AM

like to see tony robles in finals and win that's a great pool hall comet billiards good luck tony

Old
  (#43)
Spade
AzB Silver Member
Spade has a reputation beyond reputeSpade has a reputation beyond reputeSpade has a reputation beyond reputeSpade has a reputation beyond reputeSpade has a reputation beyond reputeSpade has a reputation beyond reputeSpade has a reputation beyond reputeSpade has a reputation beyond reputeSpade has a reputation beyond reputeSpade has a reputation beyond reputeSpade has a reputation beyond repute

08-26-2009, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Lee View Post
RShellhouse...That's what I expected. It doesn't sound anything like the seating setup I've seen at other big tournaments, and setting a high price won't help.

What they did to you was outrageous. They need every fan there they can get...and they're turning them away!

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com
The seating's been excellent . Every seat was a VIP chair, and at their gen adm price cause DRagon got rid of the VIP prices, which is bad for them but good for us spectators. Last 2 years have been the same prices at the hilton and the seats were farther away.
For those of you griping, you're really missing out. there was a good crowd came in tonight and expect it to be very busy by the weekend. Great matches!
$25 or $40 all day for up close personal view of the only World 14.1 Championship there is for the year, I am not complaining!

Last edited by Spade; 08-26-2009 at 12:33 AM.

Old
  (#44)
yobagua
AzB Silver Member
yobagua has a reputation beyond reputeyobagua has a reputation beyond reputeyobagua has a reputation beyond reputeyobagua has a reputation beyond reputeyobagua has a reputation beyond reputeyobagua has a reputation beyond reputeyobagua has a reputation beyond reputeyobagua has a reputation beyond reputeyobagua has a reputation beyond reputeyobagua has a reputation beyond reputeyobagua has a reputation beyond repute

08-26-2009, 02:14 AM

thanks for the updates

Last edited by yobagua; 08-26-2009 at 03:19 AM.

Old
  (#45)
JAM
USA, ALL THE WAY!
JAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 325

08-26-2009, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
The seating's been excellent . Every seat was a VIP chair, and at their gen adm price cause DRagon got rid of the VIP prices, which is bad for them but good for us spectators. Last 2 years have been the same prices at the hilton and the seats were farther away.
For those of you griping, you're really missing out. there was a good crowd came in tonight and expect it to be very busy by the weekend. Great matches!
$25 or $40 all day for up close personal view of the only World 14.1 Championship there is for the year, I am not complaining!
I read a post by you on another thread that was asking about where the brackets were on this forum. If you are there, maybe you can post them up.

Do you now work for Dragon? I'm just curious. It seems you have a great deal information about the company.

Thanks in advance for sharing the information with the forum. It is helpful to learn more about the events from someone who is there. Maybe you can get the bracket information you were asking about in the other thread and share it with the rest of us.

Page 3 of 9 123 45 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: