Red, White & Blue Cue Ball ?
Old
  (#1)
Mr. Bond
Orbis Non Sufficit
Mr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Red, White & Blue Cue Ball ? - 12-16-2010, 12:04 PM

Anyone out there know anything about the origin of this vintage cue ball?
It appears to have a "patriotic" theme.

Name:  redwhitebluecueball.JPG
Views: 420
Size:  3.9 KB

Old
  (#2)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum
Slide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond repute

12-24-2010, 07:15 PM

I don't know about the ball, but it is Christmas Eve.

Merry Christmas to You and Yours Mr. Bond.

I am 3% Neanderthal and 97% Conservative.

Edmund Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
Richard Feynman,The Feynman Lectures on Physics
Roger Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
Karl Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies, & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
Norman Davies, Europe: A History

“We’re America, B!tches,”

Old
  (#3)
Mr. Bond
Orbis Non Sufficit
Mr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond repute

01-04-2011, 10:07 AM

Thank you sir, best wishes for 2011

Old
  (#4)
speedi
AzB Silver Member
speedi has a reputation beyond reputespeedi has a reputation beyond reputespeedi has a reputation beyond reputespeedi has a reputation beyond reputespeedi has a reputation beyond reputespeedi has a reputation beyond reputespeedi has a reputation beyond reputespeedi has a reputation beyond reputespeedi has a reputation beyond reputespeedi has a reputation beyond reputespeedi has a reputation beyond repute

02-06-2011, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bond View Post
Anyone out there know anything about the origin of this vintage cue ball?
It appears to have a "patriotic" theme.

Attachment 164638
I believe the balls were made in 1876 to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Declaration of Independence. Many items were painted red, white, and blue during that year including machinery, barns, implements, etc.

Speedi

Golf Pocket Billiards Ball, Red, White, and Blue
Old
  (#5)
hunger strike
AzB Silver Member
hunger strike has a reputation beyond reputehunger strike has a reputation beyond reputehunger strike has a reputation beyond reputehunger strike has a reputation beyond reputehunger strike has a reputation beyond reputehunger strike has a reputation beyond reputehunger strike has a reputation beyond reputehunger strike has a reputation beyond reputehunger strike has a reputation beyond reputehunger strike has a reputation beyond reputehunger strike has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 750

Golf Pocket Billiards Ball, Red, White, and Blue - 02-10-2011, 08:33 AM

The Brooks Company of Brooklyn who made this Golf game had two clay balls in the set; the other ball was orange with two huge green dots on the sides, or you could interpret it as a green ball with a HUGE ORANGE STRIPE! Neither ball had numbers. The other two balls in the set were 2 1/4" but were made of hard rubber with a swirled, multicolored surface; the two rubber balls were obstacles that were placed around the 9th hole in the center of the table. I had the entire boxed set with the shipper's COD tag from 1930 which explains the rarity of the game. This can all be verified by the man who gave me the set, table mechanic Ted Pierson of Joplin, MO. My set was stolen. I know who stole it and I may get it back. By the way, the two clay balls had their own 2-ball yellow cardboard box so they wouldn't damage the paint of the wooden golf "holes" that went in front of the pockets. Now you know.

"I don't mind stealin' bread from the mouths of decadence.... but I can't feed on the powerless, when my cup's already over-filled"

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: