Kamui chalk
Old
  (#1)
mr8ball
AzB Silver Member
mr8ball has a reputation beyond reputemr8ball has a reputation beyond reputemr8ball has a reputation beyond reputemr8ball has a reputation beyond reputemr8ball has a reputation beyond reputemr8ball has a reputation beyond reputemr8ball has a reputation beyond reputemr8ball has a reputation beyond reputemr8ball has a reputation beyond reputemr8ball has a reputation beyond reputemr8ball has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500
  Send a message via Yahoo to mr8ball  
Kamui chalk - 09-17-2012, 05:23 PM

I have got the chance to try some of the Kamui chalk lately and have to say I am impressed. I use a Jacoby cue with the Jacoby Hybird shaft and the Kamui Med tip. The stick has always played great and I have really been pleased with it. The other night while playing around I stared trying a few shots just to see how much the chalk really helped. With the master chalk I could shoot a back cut shot and have ben able to draw the ball from above the side pocket and draw the ball across the table and one rail to about the 2nd to the 3rd diamond below the side pocked. I have done this quite a few times and pretty consist. Now with the Kamui chalk using the same stroke I can draw the ball and scratch or to the bottom rail with no trouble at all. I have also found that if I use a softer stroke I can really move the ball in and out of gaps that I never could before with the master. Anyone else have as much success with this chalk? Just wondering

Old
  (#2)
tpdtom
Really Old School
tpdtom has a reputation beyond reputetpdtom has a reputation beyond reputetpdtom has a reputation beyond reputetpdtom has a reputation beyond reputetpdtom has a reputation beyond reputetpdtom has a reputation beyond reputetpdtom has a reputation beyond reputetpdtom has a reputation beyond reputetpdtom has a reputation beyond reputetpdtom has a reputation beyond reputetpdtom has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Yahoo to tpdtom  
09-18-2012, 05:07 AM

My curiosity got the better of me and I invested in one piece just to see what all the buzz was about. Well, suffice it to say that I can notice the grab easily. I can't go 3 racks without a miscue but I miscue less definitely. I think I get more spin.

Now the real question is, when this one is gone will I pony up another $28 for my next piece ? The way i look at it, if I am playing league, a tournament, or gambling, as badly as I play I need a friggin edge. If I don't miscue at all that night it's well worth it, but chalking on each shot SHOULD be a part of my pre-shot routine. Do I forgo chalking intentionally to save the $28 piece of chalk ?

The jury's still out

Old
  (#3)
Maniac
2manyQ's
Maniac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-18-2012, 06:55 AM

I got a piece for Christmas last year (thanks Santa!) and I too immediately noticed a difference. It grabs good. I shot nine racks of 9-ball ghost without chalking without a miscue and may have played more but I looked at my tip after the nine racks and it "looked" like I needed to chalk, so I did. I no longer use the chalk because of two reasons: I could NOT get used to not chalking after most shots, and the Kamui chalk leaves a LOT of itself on the cueball. It IS the grabbingest (is that a word ) chalk I have ever used.

I will tell you this though, be sure to put it back into the little ziplock bag when you're done for the night, or it will dry up on you.

Maniac (has settled on Blue Diamond brand chalk for competing)

Playing cues: 2 Larry Vigus 60" customs, Jacoby D11 w/314-2
Break/jump cues: Larry Vigus 60"dedicated break, Jerico Stinger, Jacoby jump cue
Cases: JB Ultimate Rugged 3x6, 2 Sterling Wave 4x8's, Sterling butterfly

"I try to think, but nothing happens!" Curly Howard

Old
  (#4)
tattoo
Tatuaje in the house🤘🏻
tattoo has a reputation beyond reputetattoo has a reputation beyond reputetattoo has a reputation beyond reputetattoo has a reputation beyond reputetattoo has a reputation beyond reputetattoo has a reputation beyond reputetattoo has a reputation beyond reputetattoo has a reputation beyond reputetattoo has a reputation beyond reputetattoo has a reputation beyond reputetattoo has a reputation beyond repute

09-18-2012, 07:00 AM

there will soon be a better chalk on the market.....i wont say when and i wont say from whom....but it is the best chalk i have i ever used...

if you care i will tell,,,,,,however i change my underwear as often as i change the cues i own....i hope you dont have to guess which one wears out first.lol

Old
  (#5)
Maniac
2manyQ's
Maniac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond repute

09-18-2012, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattoo View Post
there will soon be a better chalk on the market.....i wont say when and i wont say from whom....but it is the best chalk i have i ever used...
I hope it will be inexpensive!!!

Maniac (thinks Kamui is "gouging" us poolplayers)

Break/jump cues: Larry Vigus 60"dedicated break, Jerico Stinger, Jacoby jump cue

Old
  (#6)
mr8ball
AzB Silver Member
mr8ball has a reputation beyond reputemr8ball has a reputation beyond reputemr8ball has a reputation beyond reputemr8ball has a reputation beyond reputemr8ball has a reputation beyond reputemr8ball has a reputation beyond reputemr8ball has a reputation beyond reputemr8ball has a reputation beyond reputemr8ball has a reputation beyond reputemr8ball has a reputation beyond reputemr8ball has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Yahoo to mr8ball  
09-18-2012, 07:07 AM

I wonder what makes it ware out if you don't keep it in the plastic? I put mine in my chalk holder and threw the bag away. It is also hard for me not to chalk after every shot. I did not pay for mine and I hope if it works out I can get some more in the future just in case. I forgot to tell you that I went to jump a ball with my Jacoby jump cue and chalked it with the Kamui chalk and it grabbed the ball so good that when it hit the table it came to a complete stop as soon as it hit the table. I guess it will take some getting use to. Two for me so far.

Old
  (#7)
blucollar
AzB Silver Member
blucollar has a reputation beyond reputeblucollar has a reputation beyond reputeblucollar has a reputation beyond reputeblucollar has a reputation beyond reputeblucollar has a reputation beyond reputeblucollar has a reputation beyond reputeblucollar has a reputation beyond reputeblucollar has a reputation beyond reputeblucollar has a reputation beyond reputeblucollar has a reputation beyond reputeblucollar has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 600

09-18-2012, 07:14 AM

It grabs good for sure. It also leaves a nice mess all over your felt and balls too. Actually ruins the felt IMO. The reason you dont see it too much is not the price...people will always pay for a good poduct no matter what...the stuff just isnt worth it. I suggest trying magic chalk...hard to get but works great!

Godspeed!!

Old
  (#8)
tpdtom
Really Old School
tpdtom has a reputation beyond reputetpdtom has a reputation beyond reputetpdtom has a reputation beyond reputetpdtom has a reputation beyond reputetpdtom has a reputation beyond reputetpdtom has a reputation beyond reputetpdtom has a reputation beyond reputetpdtom has a reputation beyond reputetpdtom has a reputation beyond reputetpdtom has a reputation beyond reputetpdtom has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Yahoo to tpdtom  
09-18-2012, 07:35 AM

I didn't realize that you needed to keep it in the bag either. I cut into the bag with a scissors. Gotta get another bag...

Old
  (#9)
Maniac
2manyQ's

09-18-2012, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpdtom View Post
I didn't realize that you needed to keep it in the bag either. I cut into the bag with a scissors. Gotta get another bag...
From my experience, when I left it out of the bag for an extended period, it became drier and went on/played more like Blue Diamond brand chalk, which isn't all bad, but if I'm paying darn near $30 for Kamui chalk (which I didn't), I want it to apply and work like Kamui chalk.

Maniac

Old
  (#10)
bdorman
Dead money
bdorman has a reputation beyond reputebdorman has a reputation beyond reputebdorman has a reputation beyond reputebdorman has a reputation beyond reputebdorman has a reputation beyond reputebdorman has a reputation beyond reputebdorman has a reputation beyond reputebdorman has a reputation beyond reputebdorman has a reputation beyond reputebdorman has a reputation beyond reputebdorman has a reputation beyond repute

09-18-2012, 11:08 AM

I wonder what happens if I put a cube of Blue Diamond and/or Master in a plastic bag with a little bit of damp paper towel? Is it the humidity that makes the chalk grabbier? Worth an experiment.

Old
  (#11)
Txstang1
AzB Silver Member
Txstang1 has a reputation beyond reputeTxstang1 has a reputation beyond reputeTxstang1 has a reputation beyond reputeTxstang1 has a reputation beyond reputeTxstang1 has a reputation beyond reputeTxstang1 has a reputation beyond reputeTxstang1 has a reputation beyond reputeTxstang1 has a reputation beyond reputeTxstang1 has a reputation beyond reputeTxstang1 has a reputation beyond reputeTxstang1 has a reputation beyond repute

09-18-2012, 11:17 AM

I just can't pay that price for chalk. Yes, I've used masters my whole life and can ALWAYS attribute all miscues to SOME action on my part everytime it happens, which isn't often, btw.

That being said, for me personally, I just don't see the value.

Nemec custom - player
Schon original BW1 - back up
Bludworth sneaky - back back up
Rat jump cue

Old
  (#12)
Ghosst
Broom Handle Mafia
Ghosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 825

09-18-2012, 11:19 AM

I attribute any miscues with Kamui chalk to a defective unicorn used in the manufacturing process. Nothing is ever my fault. Ever. Ever. Ever.

Run racks, not your mouth.

Old
  (#13)
CreeDo
Fargo Rating 597
CreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to CreeDo  
09-18-2012, 12:39 PM

Is the theory that the chalk sticks to the cue ball like a wet piece of chewing gum and somehow grabs hold of whitey and twirls it backwards harder?

Whereas a slippery tip with bad chalk or no chalk just slides right off the contact point like a wet banana peel?

I don't think it works that way. Draw is caused by your tip hitting the ball at a certain place, with a certain amount of force. That's it. Having the tip grip more might actually hurt that... I think the ball has all that backspin generated at the moment of impact. you want the ball to get away from the tip, not cling to it for a few nanoseconds longer.

If someone is drawing a ball better it's because they either A: hit lower or B: hit harder.

If you wanna argue that the kamui lets you hit lower without a miscue, that would make more sense than it magically adds spin that your stick didn't cause. But most players can hit lower than they think they'll get away with. Fear holds them back from hitting truly low. So a player with kamui on his tip might hit lower only because he thinks it's 'safer' when in reality he could have done the same thing with masters.

Old
  (#14)
mdavis228
AzB Gold Member
mdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5300

09-18-2012, 12:48 PM

I bought some to try it out. Liked it a lot.
Didn't make a new man out of me. Didn't change my world.
I just liked it, kept with it, it lasts me a long time, I can afford it.
Nothing more dramatic than that.

I didn't really wanna like it. Magic Rack, either.
Now I prefer, and liberally use, both.
Old dog, learned new tricks. What the hell.

Chris Davis

If you're gonna sell cues, buy a scale and calipers.

Main players: 1930's Gilbert Titlist, Custom Olneys. Piloted joints for me.
Play shafts: Cash Cues ferrule-less and OB Classic
Break: X Breaker & Gilbert JB - both w/ OB Break shafts
Jump: Lomax

Last edited by mdavis228; 09-18-2012 at 12:51 PM.

Old
  (#15)
HueblerHustler7
JackHammer
HueblerHustler7 has a reputation beyond reputeHueblerHustler7 has a reputation beyond reputeHueblerHustler7 has a reputation beyond reputeHueblerHustler7 has a reputation beyond reputeHueblerHustler7 has a reputation beyond reputeHueblerHustler7 has a reputation beyond reputeHueblerHustler7 has a reputation beyond reputeHueblerHustler7 has a reputation beyond reputeHueblerHustler7 has a reputation beyond reputeHueblerHustler7 has a reputation beyond reputeHueblerHustler7 has a reputation beyond repute

09-18-2012, 06:38 PM

You guys are making my pockets turn inside out on me talking like this. I really would like to give some a try, But I also said to myself I wouldent hop on the kamui wagon lol

'To err is human; to forgive, divine.'
Alexander Pope 1688-1744

PLAYER:
2013 Guerra, Coco/curly Jane

ON ORDER
Tony Guerra

Retired/sold:
2016 Hills Cue x2
2012 Sugartree (Want back)
2013 Deviney sneaky
2012 Jon Spitz
2010 Jon Spitz
90's Huebler

Some productions here and there Mezz x2, predator revo.

BREAK
Darren Hill J/B

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: