Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Million Dollar Challenge Documentary
Page 1 of 10 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.80 average.
Million Dollar Challenge Documentary
Old
  (#1)
JD_Hogg
AzB Silver Member
JD_Hogg has a reputation beyond reputeJD_Hogg has a reputation beyond reputeJD_Hogg has a reputation beyond reputeJD_Hogg has a reputation beyond reputeJD_Hogg has a reputation beyond reputeJD_Hogg has a reputation beyond reputeJD_Hogg has a reputation beyond reputeJD_Hogg has a reputation beyond reputeJD_Hogg has a reputation beyond reputeJD_Hogg has a reputation beyond reputeJD_Hogg has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Million Dollar Challenge Documentary - 12-11-2013, 01:14 PM

Hey CJ,

does the semi and finals DVD include the 11 racks run by Earl?

Old
  (#2)
voiceofreason
AzB Silver Member
voiceofreason has a reputation beyond reputevoiceofreason has a reputation beyond reputevoiceofreason has a reputation beyond reputevoiceofreason has a reputation beyond reputevoiceofreason has a reputation beyond reputevoiceofreason has a reputation beyond reputevoiceofreason has a reputation beyond reputevoiceofreason has a reputation beyond reputevoiceofreason has a reputation beyond reputevoiceofreason has a reputation beyond reputevoiceofreason has a reputation beyond repute

12-11-2013, 03:18 PM

he ran 11 racks?

Old
  (#3)
Charlie Hustle
AzB Silver Member
Charlie Hustle has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie Hustle has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie Hustle has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie Hustle has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie Hustle has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie Hustle has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie Hustle has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie Hustle has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie Hustle has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie Hustle has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie Hustle has a reputation beyond repute

12-11-2013, 03:51 PM

Whats run a rack mean?

"U told me you wanna go on the road for a month...if we can't go to Charlie's house and beat him, we cant go nowhere" - David Parker

The Documentary is completed and we are now taking orders
Old
  (#4)
CJ Wiley
ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION

CJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond repute

Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth Texas - Book Private Lessons thegameistheteacher@gmail.com

Thumbs up The Documentary is completed and we are now taking orders - 12-11-2013, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD_Hogg View Post
Hey CJ,

does the semi and finals DVD include the 11 racks run by Earl?
No, he didn't run the 11 racks against me, the Documentary has the video of his 11 rack run, (not the entire 11). The semi and finals is the PRIME SPORTS TV Show that we (PCA) put on from my pool room (CJ's Billiard Palace).

The Show features Jimmy Mataya and Kevin Eschenfelder (Prime Sports) and it is the same tournament that Earl ran the 11 racks for the "Million".

The Documentary is completed and we are now taking orders at www.cjwiley.com

TO BOOK PRIVATE LESSONS EMAIL ME AT thegameistheteacher@gmail.com - Private Membership Site is www.masteringpocketbilliards.com - For DVDs and Blogs www.cjwiley.com

Old
  (#5)
rexus31
AzB Silver Member
rexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 542

12-11-2013, 04:55 PM

How long is the documentary?

"What 'aint no country I ever heard of. They speak English in What?" - Jules Winnfield

Old
  (#6)
Luxury
AzB Silver Member
Luxury has a reputation beyond reputeLuxury has a reputation beyond reputeLuxury has a reputation beyond reputeLuxury has a reputation beyond reputeLuxury has a reputation beyond reputeLuxury has a reputation beyond reputeLuxury has a reputation beyond reputeLuxury has a reputation beyond reputeLuxury has a reputation beyond reputeLuxury has a reputation beyond reputeLuxury has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1300
  Send a message via Yahoo to Luxury  
12-11-2013, 05:56 PM

Ordered. Woooooohooooooo!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With one million dollars on the line, on April 10, 1996 Earl "the Pearl" Strickland
Old
  (#7)
CJ Wiley
ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION

CJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond repute

Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth Texas - Book Private Lessons thegameistheteacher@gmail.com

Arrow With one million dollars on the line, on April 10, 1996 Earl "the Pearl" Strickland - 12-11-2013, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreason View Post
he ran 11 racks?
Yes, he most certainly did, and has not been done before or since in a Pro Event.

With one million dollars on the line, on April 10, 1996 Earl "the Pearl" Strickland did the unimaginable. He ran 11 racks of 9-ball at the inaugural event of the PCA Pro Pocket Billiards Tour. While it was a miraculous feat, it simultaneously dealt a fatal blow to the new Pro Pocket Billiards Tour and gave a death strike to what might have been the rise of televised table pool as a mainstream sport. CJ Wiley had spent years preparing a new tour to showcase the sport, using a million dollar prize as the main draw. His goal was to breakout pool as a mainstream sport.

Through an in depth interview you will hear how Earl trained to achieve this incredible level of performance, the legal battles that eventually vindicated CJ Wiley, and accounts of the following two-plus years to honor the prize through the accounts of CJ Wiley, Tournament Director Jay Helfert and many more. It is a tale of struggle for the game and a telling of the greatest achievement in the history of pool.

Directed by Mary Avina - now available at www.cjwileybilliards.com

TO BOOK PRIVATE LESSONS EMAIL ME AT thegameistheteacher@gmail.com - Private Membership Site is www.masteringpocketbilliards.com - For DVDs and Blogs www.cjwiley.com

So Exactly
Old
  (#8)
Wedge
WO Wedge Lock
Wedge has a reputation beyond reputeWedge has a reputation beyond reputeWedge has a reputation beyond reputeWedge has a reputation beyond reputeWedge has a reputation beyond reputeWedge has a reputation beyond reputeWedge has a reputation beyond reputeWedge has a reputation beyond reputeWedge has a reputation beyond reputeWedge has a reputation beyond reputeWedge has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

So Exactly - 12-11-2013, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Wiley View Post
No, he didn't run the 11 racks against me, the Documentary has the video of his 11 rack run, (not the entire 11). The semi and finals is the PRIME SPORTS TV Show that we (PCA) put on from my pool room (CJ's Billiard Palace).

The Show features Jimmy Mataya and Kevin Eschenfelder (Prime Sports) and it is the same tournament that Earl ran the 11 racks for the "Million".

How many of Earl's eleven rack run are actually on the video and which ones (for example 1 through 7 or 9 through 11)?

Thanks, I for one would like this clarification prior to making a purchase!

Wedge

Cues: -R- (7), Joss (3), Barnhart, McWorter, Joss West

Break & Jump Cues: Samsara, Mezz

Cases: Kamui, Murnak (2), Ron Thomas, Fellini

Chalk Holder: QPOD

Old
  (#9)
rexus31
AzB Silver Member
rexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 542

12-11-2013, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedge View Post
How many of Earl's eleven rack run are actually on the video and which ones (for example 1 through 7 or 9 through 11)?

Wedge
Length of the video as well, please.

"What 'aint no country I ever heard of. They speak English in What?" - Jules Winnfield

Old
  (#10)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

12-11-2013, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Wiley View Post

CJ beat Earl in the finals, and was he pissed!

http://www.jayhelfert.com/ to order More Pool Wars

Old
  (#11)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

12-11-2013, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedge View Post

Wedge
Either 6 thru 11 or 7 thru 11. CJ knows that better than me.

Best of all you get to see me racking the balls , and EARL MAKING THE COMBINATION IN RACK NUMBER TEN! That shot alone (the single greatest shot in pool history imo) makes it worth the price of the DVD.

http://www.jayhelfert.com/ to order More Pool Wars

Last edited by jay helfert; 12-11-2013 at 06:47 PM.

Million Dollar Challenge Documentary
Old
  (#12)
Luxury
AzB Silver Member
Luxury has a reputation beyond reputeLuxury has a reputation beyond reputeLuxury has a reputation beyond reputeLuxury has a reputation beyond reputeLuxury has a reputation beyond reputeLuxury has a reputation beyond reputeLuxury has a reputation beyond reputeLuxury has a reputation beyond reputeLuxury has a reputation beyond reputeLuxury has a reputation beyond reputeLuxury has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1300
  Send a message via Yahoo to Luxury  
Million Dollar Challenge Documentary - 12-11-2013, 07:00 PM

I got free shipping. I live in Washington state.

Last edited by Luxury; 12-11-2013 at 07:13 PM.

Thanks Jay
Old
  (#13)
Wedge
WO Wedge Lock
Wedge has a reputation beyond reputeWedge has a reputation beyond reputeWedge has a reputation beyond reputeWedge has a reputation beyond reputeWedge has a reputation beyond reputeWedge has a reputation beyond reputeWedge has a reputation beyond reputeWedge has a reputation beyond reputeWedge has a reputation beyond reputeWedge has a reputation beyond reputeWedge has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

Thanks Jay - 12-11-2013, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay helfert View Post
Either 6 thru 11 or 7 thru 11. CJ knows that better than me.

Best of all you get to see me racking the balls , and EARL MAKING THE COMBINATION IN RACK NUMBER TEN! That shot alone (the single greatest shot in pool history imo) makes it worth the price of the DVD.
CJ, please post which racks are shown on the DVD!

Thanks

Wedge

Cues: -R- (7), Joss (3), Barnhart, McWorter, Joss West

Break & Jump Cues: Samsara, Mezz

Cases: Kamui, Murnak (2), Ron Thomas, Fellini

Chalk Holder: QPOD

Old
  (#14)
seven_7days
AzB Silver Member
seven_7days has a reputation beyond reputeseven_7days has a reputation beyond reputeseven_7days has a reputation beyond reputeseven_7days has a reputation beyond reputeseven_7days has a reputation beyond reputeseven_7days has a reputation beyond reputeseven_7days has a reputation beyond reputeseven_7days has a reputation beyond reputeseven_7days has a reputation beyond reputeseven_7days has a reputation beyond reputeseven_7days has a reputation beyond repute

12-11-2013, 08:35 PM

Quote:
CJ beat Earl in the finals, and was he pissed!
Lol!
I don't think anybody on this planet would've been upset about losing especially after literally achieving the superhuman feat of running 11 racks for a cool 1 million...except Earl Strickland.

Question: after losing in the finals... "I would have rather won the tournament than the million dollars." -Earl Strickland did he really say this?

Old
  (#15)
PINKLADY
ICNBB
PINKLADY has a reputation beyond reputePINKLADY has a reputation beyond reputePINKLADY has a reputation beyond reputePINKLADY has a reputation beyond reputePINKLADY has a reputation beyond reputePINKLADY has a reputation beyond reputePINKLADY has a reputation beyond reputePINKLADY has a reputation beyond reputePINKLADY has a reputation beyond reputePINKLADY has a reputation beyond reputePINKLADY has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

12-11-2013, 08:36 PM

Quote:
....Best of all you get to see me racking the balls , and EARL MAKING THE COMBINATION IN RACK NUMBER TEN! That shot alone (the single greatest shot in pool history imo) makes it worth the price of the DVD.
i was on-the-fence with that "single greatest shot in pool history" thing,
till you told me that YOU are RACKING!
done.

Page 1 of 10 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: