Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page Sgt Berghdal NO HERO, branded a deserter by comrades
Page 1 of 9 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Sgt Berghdal NO HERO, branded a deserter by comrades
Old
  (#1)
CocoboloCowboy
Cowboys are my heros.
CocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1538

Sgt Berghdal NO HERO, branded a deserter by comrades - 06-02-2014, 03:40 PM

By Cheryl K. Chumley

The Washington Times

Monday, June 2, 2014

At least six soldiers died while searching for Sgt. Bowe Bergdhal in hostile Taliban territory when he went missing in Afghanistan five years ago.

And now, those who served with those six say Mr. Bergdhal is at fault for their deaths because he abandoned his military post, the New York Post reported.

“I was pissed off then and I am even more so now with everything going on,” said former Sgt. Matt Vierkant, a member of Mr. Bergdahl’s platoon, to CNN. “Bowe Bergdahl deserted during a time of war and his fellow Americans lost their lives searching for him.”

It’s tough to get an accurate handle on why Mr. Bergdahl disappeared in 2009.

Some reports say he was captured by members of the Taliban during a drunken walk back to his car in the Yousaf Khel district of Paktika. Other say he was captured while he lagged behind during a patrol team. Still others raised questions about Mr. Bergdahl’s loyalties, saying in the weeks leading up to his capture, the U.S. serviceman actually “spent more time with the Afghans than he did with his platoon,” former Spc. Jason Fry said, during a Rolling Stone interview in 2012.

Regardless, the latest is that these six were killed while searching for him: Staff Sgt. Clayton Bowen; Pfc. Morris Walker; Staff Sgt. Kurt Curtiss; 2nd Lt. Darryn Andrews; Pfc. Matthew Michael Martinek; and Staff Sgt. Michael Murphrey, the New York Post reported.

“He walked off,” said another former colleague of Mr. Bergdahl‘s, Pfc. Jose Baggett, in the media outlet. “He left his guard post. Nobody knows if he defected or he’s a traitor or he was kidnapped. What I do know is he was there to protect us and instead he decided to defer from America and go and do his own thing. I don’t know why he decided to do that, but we [spent] so much of our resources and some of those resources were soldiers’ lives.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...e-bergdahl-bra

Old
  (#2)
Str8PoolPlayer
“1966 500 SuperFast”

Str8PoolPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeStr8PoolPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeStr8PoolPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeStr8PoolPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeStr8PoolPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeStr8PoolPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeStr8PoolPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeStr8PoolPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeStr8PoolPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeStr8PoolPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeStr8PoolPlayer has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500
Location: High Desert NV - SF Bay Area - California Gold Country

06-02-2014, 05:32 PM

I must say I feel bad for his parents. They will keep a 'stiff upper lip' and love him no matter what.

."Questa automobile è così veloce lo inciterà a cacare i vostri pantaloni" .... Enzo Ferrari

Old
  (#3)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

06-02-2014, 05:40 PM

I believe the total number of people that died looking for him is 15.

Now how many people do you think those 5 war criminals that were released will kill?

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Yep. Sev is smarter than you all."
"I dont know much."
"I'm just a flea along for the ride."--366Robin

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

Old
  (#4)
Jadssons
Rehab is for Quitters
Jadssons has a reputation beyond reputeJadssons has a reputation beyond reputeJadssons has a reputation beyond reputeJadssons has a reputation beyond reputeJadssons has a reputation beyond reputeJadssons has a reputation beyond reputeJadssons has a reputation beyond reputeJadssons has a reputation beyond reputeJadssons has a reputation beyond reputeJadssons has a reputation beyond reputeJadssons has a reputation beyond repute

06-02-2014, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
I believe the total number of people that died looking for him is 15.

Now how many people do you think those 5 war criminals that were released will kill?
No wonder this Administration considers him a hero.

"Wisdom is not a product of schooling, but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it" -Albert Einstein

Old
  (#5)
poolfool1957
I know the pieces fit
poolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

06-02-2014, 06:13 PM

I'd be careful about branding an active duty service member a traitor or a deserter without knowing all of the facts. Pretty easy to jump on a bandwagon but this one ought at least be given a fair hearing before we get all cocky and judgemental.

Post a picture of yourself with your shirt off
Bamadog

First off ... nothing will stop ass killings entirely.
LWW

I'm really getting tired of black people........seems they just can't get a clue.
duckie, NPR 09/04/15

group therapy for douchebags
Secaucus Fats

Old
  (#6)
CocoboloCowboy
Cowboys are my heros.
CocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1538

06-02-2014, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolfool1957 View Post
I'd be careful about branding an active duty service member a traitor or a deserter without knowing all of the facts. Pretty easy to jump on a bandwagon but this one ought at least be given a fair hearing before we get all cocky and judgemental.

Blame the Washington Times and the people who. We're their when he disappeared. The Washingon Times was the story source, and he fellow U.S. Army gave the time the content for their story. BTW this has been all over today being reported by various press organizations.

Old
  (#7)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

06-02-2014, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoboloCowboy View Post
Blame the Washington Times and the people who. We're their when he disappeared. The Washingon Times was the story source, and he fellow U.S. Army gave the time the content for their story. BTW this has been all over today being reported by various press organizations.
ahhh, but that would mean the US (Obama) got hoodwinked and bad..... thus, on that alone it could not have happened, as Obama is much too smart to do something so blatantly stupid.

PS: To PoolFool....your boy WileyDog has already confirmed what a bonehead move this was for Obama..... thus, either get him back on the reservation, or see the stupidity of what just happened here ......

Old
  (#8)
poolfool1957
I know the pieces fit
poolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

06-02-2014, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRJ View Post
ahhh, but that would mean the US (Obama) got hoodwinked and bad..... thus, on that alone it could not have happened, as Obama is much too smart to do something so blatantly stupid.

PS: To PoolFool....your boy WileyDog has already confirmed what a bonehead move this was for Obama..... thus, either get him back on the reservation, or see the stupidity of what just happened here ......
If he is proven to be a deserter then shame on him.....if not.....shame on those who would be so quick to judge.

Post a picture of yourself with your shirt off
Bamadog

First off ... nothing will stop ass killings entirely.
LWW

I'm really getting tired of black people........seems they just can't get a clue.
duckie, NPR 09/04/15

group therapy for douchebags
Secaucus Fats

Old
  (#9)
Sev
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

06-02-2014, 07:57 PM

Quote:
If he is proven to be a deserter then shame on him.....if not.....shame on those who would be so quick to judge.
Unless he was on a special ops mission he deserted his post based on accounts from those that served with him.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

"I dont know much."

Old
  (#10)
slop stroke
I drink, theyfore I ain't
slop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond repute

06-02-2014, 08:53 PM

We are so quick to speculate from beginning to end, which is fine, but let's also recognize that an investigation is warranted and until the "guilty" party gets their day in court, we really do not have all of the answers.

On the surface, it looks bad on a number of levels. I don't fully understand the motives. I have to wonder if the State dept., CIA and Pentagon were in on the decision for the exchange. I have a hard time believing that Obama acted alone of this. That would be counter to what I have seen from him on other important decisions.

Secondly, what is the fate of the Gitmo detainees, if they are not either exchanged or handed over freely? We, as a country, won't put them on trial, and certainly not every one of them is worthy of a lifetime imprisonment. We would not tolerate any country or gov't holding our soldiers indefinitely. So perhaps, with the idea, that the war in Afghanistan is coming to an end, it was a good opportunity to release some of the Gitmo POWs in exchange for our own, and with the added benefit of releasing these guys to a third party, Qatar, which has vowed not to release them back in civilization for a year...

I, like most, am perplexed by the Gitmo situation, but honestly, are we going to hold these prisoners there forever? It has to have some kind of ending, and I have yet to hear of a good Gitmo resolution. BTW, there are some that want to do even more prisoner exchanges. Not sure how that would work. While I wouldn't fully endorse the notion that Obama is "negotiating with terrorists," I do understand the cold hard implications.

Finally, I would not put much stock in the excitement of the Taliban over this exchange. Terrorist groups claim victory whenever and wherever they can get away with it. There is more to this exchange than what meets the eye, imo. I am looking forward to seeing what comes of it in the days and weeks to follow.

Old
  (#11)
Sev

06-03-2014, 04:29 AM

Apparently he also left a note when he left.

COVFEFE!!

"I dont know much."

Old
  (#12)
Sev

06-03-2014, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slop stroke View Post
We are so quick to speculate from beginning to end, which is fine, but let's also recognize that an investigation is warranted and until the "guilty" party gets their day in court, we really do not have all of the answers.

On the surface, it looks bad on a number of levels. I don't fully understand the motives. I have to wonder if the State dept., CIA and Pentagon were in on the decision for the exchange. I have a hard time believing that Obama acted alone of this. That would be counter to what I have seen from him on other important decisions.

Secondly, what is the fate of the Gitmo detainees, if they are not either exchanged or handed over freely? We, as a country, won't put them on trial, and certainly not every one of them is worthy of a lifetime imprisonment. We would not tolerate any country or gov't holding our soldiers indefinitely. So perhaps, with the idea, that the war in Afghanistan is coming to an end, it was a good opportunity to release some of the Gitmo POWs in exchange for our own, and with the added benefit of releasing these guys to a third party, Qatar, which has vowed not to release them back in civilization for a year...

I, like most, am perplexed by the Gitmo situation, but honestly, are we going to hold these prisoners there forever? It has to have some kind of ending, and I have yet to hear of a good Gitmo resolution. BTW, there are some that want to do even more prisoner exchanges. Not sure how that would work. While I wouldn't fully endorse the notion that Obama is "negotiating with terrorists," I do understand the cold hard implications.

Finally, I would not put much stock in the excitement of the Taliban over this exchange. Terrorist groups claim victory whenever and wherever they can get away with it. There is more to this exchange than what meets the eye, imo. I am looking forward to seeing what comes of it in the days and weeks to follow.
You missed the Joyful reunion in Qatar?
Those war criminals and terrorists hugging joyfully and dancing about. It was beautiful.
No security or police personal in sight. No ankle bracelets to be seen.
Just happy terrorists of the leash.

It almost brought a tear to my eye.

We are going to know shortly if there was any reason the trust the authorities of Qatar.

COVFEFE!!

"I dont know much."

Old
  (#13)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

06-03-2014, 05:05 AM

Quote:
No PF, shame on Obama. He traded 5 stone killers for a deserter that they will just have to put in prison anyways. I mean, can any human be so stupid as to trade for this guy. I mean, it's like trading 5 MVPs, for a HS shortstop who can't cover a fastball ??? What exactly was the plan to get this guy back..... unless Obama wants to b1tch slap the guy himself, but even then, those 5 killers are NOT coming back without something strapped to their chest.

Old
  (#14)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)

06-03-2014, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slop stroke View Post

Your looking for an MSNBC talking points that will make you feel better about Dear Leader, well, it's not gonna happen. Obama showed his arse once again, and it just keeps getting worse, like a nightmare.

Old
  (#15)
PRED
AzB Silver Member
PRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 600

06-03-2014, 05:09 AM

Obama broke the law, but he deemed it necessary in this circumstance.

Page 1 of 9 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: