Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page And so it begins. In Canada.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
And so it begins. In Canada.
Old
  (#1)
Blue Hog ridr
World Famous Fisherman.
Blue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

And so it begins. In Canada. - 01-30-2017, 02:28 AM

6 Dead and others injured in Mosque attack, in Montreal.

http://cjme.com/article/1132199/queb...osque-shooting

Not joking, but this goes beyond a can of spray paint.

Wonder what the Blow Back will be. If any.

Of course, I am sure that some of the Radicals will promise Paybacks.

To play Pool, is to suffer.
To learn to be a better player, is to find some meaning in the suffering.

Dhurka, Dhurka, Allah, Muhammad Jihad

Old
  (#2)
j2pac
Marital Slow Learner.

j2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

01-30-2017, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Hog ridr View Post
6 Dead and others injured in Mosque attack, in Montreal.

http://cjme.com/article/1132199/queb...osque-shooting

Not joking, but this goes beyond a can of spray paint.

Wonder what the Blow Back will be. If any.

Of course, I am sure that some of the Radicals will promise Paybacks.
I wonder what the media angle would be, if this attack, which I do not condone, turned out to be sectarian?
Just thinking aloud. My prayers to the victims families.

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire - "What you are shouts so loudly in my ears, I cannot hear what you say." - R.W. Emerson -

TOMAHAWK FERRULE MATERIAL - NO CLICK, JUST BANG.

Old
  (#3)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

01-30-2017, 05:24 AM

Was this Muslim on Muslim or a hoping mad frog attack?

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Yep. Sev is smarter than you all."
"I dont know much."
"I'm just a flea along for the ride."--366Robin

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

Old
  (#4)
time to play no
AzB Silver Member
time to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond repute

01-30-2017, 05:27 AM

I wonder if they regret the proclamation about taking "immigrants" that the US turns away.

Old
  (#5)
PRED
AzB Silver Member
PRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 600

01-30-2017, 05:45 AM

Muslims kill muslims too, all the time, it's what deydo

Old
  (#6)
Sev
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

01-30-2017, 08:00 AM

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/01/30/at-least-five-killed-in-shooting-at-quebec-city-mosque.html
Suspect in Quebec mosque terror attack was of Moroccan origin, report shows

One of two gunmen who shouted 'Allahu akbar!' as they opened fire at a mosque in Quebec City was of Moroccan origin, a witness and local media reported Monday, revealing the first details about the attackers in the massacre that killed six men.

The terror suspects were identified as Mohamed Khadir and Alexandre Bissonnette, the Canadian TV network TVA Nouvelles reported. They were arrested soon after the shooting at the Quebec Islamic Cultural Centre Sunday night and were expected to appear in court later Monday, police told reporters.

One of the gunmen actually turned himself in, calling 911 less than 20 minutes later and giving officers his location in d'Orleans so they could arrest him, police said. The attack unfolded in the men's section of the mosque.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau condemned the attack, calling it a “terrorist attack on Muslims.”

The attackers were students at Université Laval, a school in Quebec, a source close to the investigation told Radio Canada, saying one was Moroccan. Police said the suspects were not on their radar.

Five people were in critical condition and 12 others suffered minor injuries, University of Quebec Hospital Centre spokeswoman Genevieve Dupuis said Monday. The dead ranged in age from age 35 to 60.

A possible motive was unclear. Police said they did not believe there were other suspects.

One of the gunmen was armed with an AK-47, the Le Soleil newspaper reported.

A witness who asked to remain anonymous told Radio Canada the two shooters were masked.

“It seemed to me that they had a Quebecois accent. They started to fire, and as they shot they yelled, 'Allahu akbar!' The bullets hit people that were praying. People who were praying lost their lives. A bullet passed right over my head,” the person said.

“It was with tremendous shock, sadness and anger that I heard of this evening’s tragic and fatal shooting at the Centre culturel islamique de Quebec located in the Ste-Foy neighborhood of the city of Quebec,” Trudeau said in a statement. “Muslim-Canadians are an important part of our national fabric, and these senseless acts have no place in our communities, cities and country.”

The gunfire started at the Islamic center at around 8 p.m., Le Journal de Quebec reported. More than 50 people were attending prayer service at the time of the shooting. The center's president Mohamed Yangui said the shooters reloaded at least three times.

An unidentified man looking for his friends, who were regular attendees of evening prayers, told Le Journal de Quebec, "I've tried to reach them, but I cannot. It's terrible."

The French-speaking province of Quebec has been embroiled in a lengthy debate about race and religious accommodation. The previous separatist government of the province called for a ban on ostentatious religious symbols such as the hijab in public institutions.

The CBC reported that someone left a pig's head on the mosque's doorstep this past June, during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan. Islam's holy book, the Koran, forbids them from consuming pork.

"We were told that it was an isolated act, but today we have deaths," Yangui told reporters. "It is minutes and hours of terror and anguish."

In the U.S., the NYPD said in a statement that officers have been told to give “special attention” to mosques in the area. Police said they were monitoring the situation in Quebec.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

"I dont know much."

Old
  (#7)
Casual Observer
Viva... yeah whatever
Casual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

01-30-2017, 08:24 AM

Q.C. is a beautiful city.
Sad day for a great citizenry.

"...And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe, and saw..."

Neil Peart

“...I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine...”
Atlas Shrugged

Old
  (#8)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

01-30-2017, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2pac View Post
I wonder what the media angle would be, if this attack, which I do not condone, turned out to be sectarian?
Just thinking aloud. My prayers to the victims families.
I'm thinking it might be sectarian....there is a Morrocan name involved.
They are principally Sunnis....if the mosque is Shiite.....uh, oh....
...the bullshit is starting over here.

I know some Quebeccers of Morrocan descent,,,old French colonial ties....
...gamblers and pool players.....they might resent the new Muslim influx.

'course, we'll probably have to wait to find out the problem.....
...it'll be shrouded in PC bullshit.

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#9)
Sev

01-30-2017, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post
I'm thinking it might be sectarian....there is a Morrocan name involved.
They are principally Sunnis....if the mosque is Shiite.....uh, oh....
...the bullshit is starting over here.

I know some Quebeccers of Morrocan descent,,,old French colonial ties....
...gamblers and pool players.....they might resent the new Muslim influx.

'course, we'll probably have to wait to find out the problem.....
...it'll be shrouded in PC bullshit.
Ahh.
It would be nice to see a Sunni Shiite civil war in Canada.
Then we could take in Canadian refugee's and tell the rest of the world we are full to capacity.

COVFEFE!!

"I dont know much."

Old
  (#10)
Blue Hog ridr
World Famous Fisherman.
Blue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond repute

01-30-2017, 09:32 AM

How much snow do youse guys get in Tennessee?

I need a place with little to no snow.

Old
  (#11)
Sev

01-30-2017, 09:34 AM

Quote:

Got 2 inches last night.
Should be about 58 degrees tomorrow.
Looks good in the morning. Gone the next day.

COVFEFE!!

"I dont know much."

Old
  (#12)
Blue Hog ridr
World Famous Fisherman.

01-30-2017, 09:47 AM

I picked this one up on a local radio site. When it was posted on Facebook this morning, people were getting lots of exercise jumping to conclusions.

The shooters were this, they were that. One had a French name. The other, apparently Moroccan, both University students at Laval.

The Moroccan was likely Muslim, maybe the French guy had converted to Islam.
Still makes you wonder what the motive was.

I believe it was the Moroccan man that called 911 on himself approx 20 minutes after the shooting.

As Kris Kyle said in the movie, "It's a Hell of a thing to stop a beating heart".

So, I guess they were cold blooded killers until after the fact. Then maybe like, "OMG, what did I just do".

Well, with Canada's Justice System, they should be in a Halfway House in approx ten years.

Jumping to conclusions myself now, but, with the dismantling of Bill C-51, I have no idea if it is entirely gone, or just parts.

Police don't or aren't allowed to monitor Terrorist Sites or however they go about it.
Wondering that if they did, they would have picked up on either of these 2, or any online chatter that may have tipped them off.
Guess we'll never know about that part.

Sev's article mentioned that NYC Police were monitoring local Mosques. As if to say, the possibility of orchestrated attacks at more Mosques.
And again, things like C-51. If special task groups were to be monitoring Social Media sites where these types may hang out, if they would have picked up on anything prior.

An AK-47. Don't know if these are on the Canadian Ban List. If not, they soon will be. Just checked. Apparently the AK and some look alikes are.

So, when people go out of their way to posses a Banned Fire Arm, is this something that was Pre Planned some time ago. Its not like you purchase one and take it to the local range to practice with.

Last edited by Blue Hog ridr; 01-30-2017 at 10:04 AM.

Old
  (#13)
LAMas
AzB Silver Member
LAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond repute

01-30-2017, 09:57 AM

Quote:

Too much snow in Northern California but the Southern California Deserts are OK.

dumluk

Old
  (#14)
LAMas
AzB Silver Member
LAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond repute

01-30-2017, 09:59 AM

Quote:
I picked this one up on a local radio site. When it was posted on Facebook this morning, people were getting lots of exercise jumping to conclusions.

The shooters were this, they were that. One had a French name. The other, apparently Moroccan, both University students at Laval.

The Moroccan was likely Muslim, maybe the French guy had converted to Islam.
Still makes you wonder what the motive was.

I believe it was the Moroccan man that called 911 on himself approx 20 minutes after the shooting.

As Kris Kyle said in the movie, "It's a Hell of a thing to stop a beating heart".

So, I guess they were cold blooded killers until after the fact. Then maybe like, "OMG, what did I just do".

Well, with Canada's Justice System, they should be in a Halfway House in approx ten years.

Jumping to conclusions myself now, but, with the dismantling of Bill C-51, I have no idea if it is entirely gone, or just parts.

Police don't or aren't allowed to monitor Terrorist Sites or however they go about it.
Wondering that if they did, they would have picked up on either of these 2, or any online chatter that may have tipped them off.
Guess we'll never know about that part.

Sev's article mentioned that NYC Police were monitoring local Mosques. As if to say, the possibility of orchestrated attacks at more Mosques.
And again, things like C-51. If special task groups were to be monitoring Social Media sites where these types may hang out, if they would have picked up on anything prior.
Will Truedough be reelected?

dumluk

Old
  (#15)
Blue Hog ridr
World Famous Fisherman.

01-30-2017, 10:09 AM

Why I refer to him as Justonce. He isn't winning a lot of Popularity Awards at the moment.

He seems more interested in his hair and taking pictoores of himself.

With that fellow from the Dragons Den likely running in the next Election, I doubt that Trudope will stand much of a chance.

I can't remember his name now, but Canada's version of Trump.

I have never Voted Conservative in my life. I may have to change my thoughts on this should Justonce decide to run again. Altho they won't need my Vote, he will probably run away with it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: