Old
  (#31)
our_auctionguy
The Wall.....
our_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 800

03-17-2017, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wilson View Post
Somethings to consider.
I know, we all talk about our guns and what we'd do etc...etc...etc...

I think very few people understand the nightmare that would ensue after you shoot anyone, killing them....legally or not.

Let's set aside some of our machismo for a sec and think about this, because even if you were justified in shooting whomever....it could still ruin the rest of your life emotionally and financially.
A story here in Idaho shows how one person's life was ruined and didn't even shoot anyone.

An attorney lost his license to practice when 4 people swore he pointed a gun at them in their car while travelling on the highway.

The attorney swore all he did was put it on the dash of his car after the 4 supposed "punks" were playing a game of "force the Beemer off the highway" in a remote part of Idaho by veering into his lane with their GTO, numper checking him etc for several miles.

Guess who won that case in court. He lost his license to practice law as he was convicted of felony threat with a firearm. The 4 were the ones who called the cops when they sped up and got into cell range, thus making them the victims and he the perp.

Last edited by our_auctionguy; 03-17-2017 at 09:25 AM.

Old
  (#32)
Sunchaser
Belgian Malinois
Sunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

03-17-2017, 09:27 AM

First off, glad your ok. Do get a gun. Do get a dog. Train with both. The two words I use are ....bad guy. When I say that, you have a very capable 105 pound Belgian Malinois with one thing on its mind. Get the bad guy. If you manage to get past my dog, and my security system, then I will unload some heavy artillery. God bless America.

Old
  (#33)
Mr. Wilson
Was
Mr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2700

03-17-2017, 09:28 AM

Here is what I keep in the console of my car and what I gave to my daughter for carry.
https://shop.foxlabs.com/collections...e/products/42h

Baltimore city would love nothing more than to catch a white guy with a gun inside city limits....and heaven help you if you shot someone.

I am confident with this CS, that if I spray you...I can then proceed to do anything I want to you for as long as I want....without fear of repercussions.

"Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in."

-- Mark Twain

336Robin "This smells of a Prid Quo Pro"

Old
  (#34)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

03-17-2017, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual Observer View Post
I decided a long time ago that I don't need the government's permission to protect my family.

Sounds like more of a realization of a fact than the making of a decision.

To take it one step further, you don't need permission from anybody or anything to defend yourself or your family.

Was there actually a point at which you came to realize that? What did you think before that?

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"
Member of the world famous Lock Society

Cases I made: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=258632

Old
  (#35)
our_auctionguy
The Wall.....
our_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond repute

03-17-2017, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopdoc View Post
For home defense I recommend a shotgun. I have a KSG. I highly recommend it. Very compact. It actually fits in the hard saddlebag on my Harley. That's a serious amount of firepower in a small package.

Hey doc, please be careful with that beast. Some people have had some misfortunes with them you are probably aware of..if not... chk this out. https://www.thegunwriter.com/19139/a...ec-ksg-injury/

All that aside.... I WANT ONE!!!!

Last edited by our_auctionguy; 03-17-2017 at 09:39 AM.

Old
  (#36)
JC
Banned
JC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond repute

03-17-2017, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Somethings to consider.
I know, we all talk about our guns and what we'd do etc...etc...etc...

I think very few people understand the nightmare that would ensue after you shoot anyone, killing them....legally or not.

Let's set aside some of our machismo for a sec and think about this, because even if you were justified in shooting whomever....it could still ruin the rest of your life emotionally and financially.
Maybe I'm a sociopath but I have thought deep and hard about this. If someone is coming for my stuff or my family I do not believe I will lose sleep going forward if god forbid I have to use my firearm and they die. Hopefully I will never find out but I'm not going to disarm myself as a precaution.

Every time I hear footsteps on my stairs at night I take great comfort in what I have inside.

JC

Old
  (#37)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

03-17-2017, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Here is what I keep in the console of my car and what I gave to my daughter for carry.
https://shop.foxlabs.com/collections...e/products/42h

Baltimore city would love nothing more than to catch a white guy with a gun inside city limits....and heaven help you if you shot someone.

I am confident with this CS, that if I spray you...I can then proceed to do anything I want to you for as long as I want....without fear of repercussions.

Good stuff. But it does not paralyze the trigger finger. You may not be able to "proceed to do anything I want to you for as long as I want....without fear of repercussions" because you may be shot if your assailant has a gun.

Good stuff...but far from fully and definitively effective...and your confidence is perhaps excessive. If you unfortunately have to use that stuff, I recommend you vacate yourself from the situation as fast as humanly possible. Hanging around to "proceed to do anything (you) want to you for as long as (you) want" could have quite serious, even potentially lethal repercussions.

Be smart. Run like hell.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"

Old
  (#38)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member

03-17-2017, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
Maybe I'm a sociopath but I have thought deep and hard about this. If someone is coming for my stuff or my family I do not believe I will lose sleep going forward if god forbid I have to use my firearm and they die. Hopefully I will never find out but I'm not going to disarm myself as a precaution.

Every time I hear footsteps on my stairs at night I take great comfort in what I have inside.

JC

If such a thing does come to pass and you feel nothing at all over it you may indeed be a sociopath.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"

Old
  (#39)
Smooth
AzB Silver Member
Smooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond repute

03-17-2017, 09:41 AM

does anyone make a pepper spray device that is mounted on the inside of a door and made to look like a peep-hole from the outside? I can't find one.... seems like it would be pretty easy to make also.

Old
  (#40)
Mr. Wilson
Was
Mr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

03-17-2017, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post

JC
Trust: I have dogs, cameras, motion lights , CS and a loaded gun on the nightstand by my head.

I don't take the safety of myself and family lightly. I do advise that everyone who wishes to arm themselves do so with the very fullest understanding of the laws and consequences of any actions you take.

For the record...I sleep pretty good

"Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in."

-- Mark Twain

Old
  (#41)
our_auctionguy
The Wall.....

03-17-2017, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth View Post
does anyone make a pepper spray device that is mounted on the inside of a door and made to look like a peep-hole from the outside? I can't find one.... seems like it would be pretty easy to make also.
Probably too much liability there for a company to even suggest doing anything through the door. Equates to shooting someone from inside the house through a door, but with less than lethal consequences. The bad would be on you.

Now maybe a squadron of protection drones loaded with pepper spray capabilities you fly over head while announce warnings over loud speakers for them to leave or be sprayed might be the trick. I think Sev would like this idea. Only he would opt for mini-gun mounted drones and a broken loudspeaker.

Last edited by our_auctionguy; 03-17-2017 at 09:52 AM.

Old
  (#42)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member

03-17-2017, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by our_auctionguy View Post
Hey doc, please be careful with that beast. Some people have had some misfortunes with them you are probably aware of..if not... chk this out. https://www.thegunwriter.com/19139/a...ec-ksg-injury/

All that aside.... I WANT ONE!!!!
I am well aware. I researched the KSG thoroughly before I got one.

There are two main issues here:

1) Yahoos and their accessories.

2) Yahoos and their handling of the weapon.

One of the things we frequently see is aftermarket rail mounted accessories all over the rails on these weapons. When I see somebody with a weapon all dressed up like that, I know he's a yahoo, think he's Rambo, and I don't want to be anywhere near him when he's handling a weapon.

A quote from the article you posted:
Quote:
I decided to make the photo available, to show the damage a shotgun can inflict if mishandled.
Key word: mishandled

If the shit hits the fan and we are living in the apocalypse, and I only had time to grab one of my weapons on my way out the door as I bugged out...it would be the KSG, no question.

If you get one, don't shoot your hand off. It's really bad form.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"

Old
  (#43)
Mr. Wilson
Was

03-17-2017, 09:53 AM

Quote:

Sure, I know for a fact that MRAPs made for delivery to S. Africa had this and more.
http://www.militaryfactory.com/armor...p?armor_id=220

But not for civilian use

-- Mark Twain

Old
  (#44)
Smooth
AzB Silver Member
Smooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond repute

03-17-2017, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by our_auctionguy View Post
Probably too much liability there for a company to even suggest doing anything through the door. Equates to shooting someone from inside the house through a door, but with less than lethal consequences. The bad would be on you.

Now maybe a squadron of protection drones loaded with pepper spray capabilities you fly over head while announce warnings over loud speakers for them to leave or be sprayed might be the trick. I think Sev would like this idea. Only he would opt for mini-gun mounted drones.
speaking of... my wife's best friend's cousin shoots through the door at whoever is banging on it loud enough to wake him up... the bullet hits the leg of, you guessed it, a police officer. He just got out of prison this year after 10 years in.

Old
  (#45)
our_auctionguy
The Wall.....

03-17-2017, 10:01 AM

Quote:
speaking of... my wife's best friend's cousin shoots through the door at whoever is banging on it loud enough to wake him up... the bullet hits the leg of, you guessed it, a police officer. He just got out of prison this year after 10 years in.
Life changing event and you know if he gets stopped by any cop anywhere, anytime, for any reason on the street, they will search him and his vehicle high and low for a weapon in hopes of sending him back in on mandatory felon firearm possession charges. That is how it works, so let him know... don't even think cap gun.

Page 3 of 6 123 45 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: