Predator ferrule...12.75mm
Old
  (#1)
nitekram
AzB Bronze Member
nitekram is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500

Predator ferrule...12.75mm - 11-19-2017, 02:19 AM

I am looking for a place to purchases ferrules, most likely just the replacement I need, but I searched and it is hard to locate just a place to get them...is it that you have to make them from blanks? If so, what is the easiest way by hand, as I do not have many tools.

Old
  (#2)
KJ Cues
Pro Cue Builder & Repair
KJ Cues has a reputation beyond reputeKJ Cues has a reputation beyond reputeKJ Cues has a reputation beyond reputeKJ Cues has a reputation beyond reputeKJ Cues has a reputation beyond reputeKJ Cues has a reputation beyond reputeKJ Cues has a reputation beyond reputeKJ Cues has a reputation beyond reputeKJ Cues has a reputation beyond reputeKJ Cues has a reputation beyond reputeKJ Cues has a reputation beyond repute

11-19-2017, 02:42 AM

If you have an issue with a Predator ferrule, you send the shaft to Predator Warranty/Repair.
Even if the shaft is not under warranty. Why ? It's the best chance of the shaft surviving.
You admit you haven't the tools and I'm suggesting that you don't have the experience either;
Predator does.

This is not a typical ferrule R&R and it's certainly not a DIY project.
If you value the shaft and ever expect to play with it again, please do as I suggest.
If not, sell or burn it and save yourself the time and aggravation.

Old
  (#3)
nitekram
AzB Bronze Member
nitekram is on a distinguished road

11-19-2017, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ Cues View Post
If you have an issue with a Predator ferrule, you send the shaft to Predator Warranty/Repair.
Even if the shaft is not under warranty. Why ? It's the best chance of the shaft surviving.
You admit you haven't the tools and I'm suggesting that you don't have the experience either;
Predator does.

This is not a typical ferrule R&R and it's certainly not a DIY project.
If you value the shaft and ever expect to play with it again, please do as I suggest.
If not, sell or burn it and save yourself the time and aggravation.
So you are saying if I find a ferrule that fits the shaft, I should still send it to them? I read that it is a special ferrule, but if I can find the same one for sale, I believe I have enough experience to glue it back on, maybe? I mean I have change my tips on my cues for over 20 years, but it cannot be that much harder, right?

Old
  (#4)
kickshotkid
AzB Silver Member
kickshotkid has a reputation beyond reputekickshotkid has a reputation beyond reputekickshotkid has a reputation beyond reputekickshotkid has a reputation beyond reputekickshotkid has a reputation beyond reputekickshotkid has a reputation beyond reputekickshotkid has a reputation beyond reputekickshotkid has a reputation beyond reputekickshotkid has a reputation beyond reputekickshotkid has a reputation beyond reputekickshotkid has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 50

11-19-2017, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitekram View Post
So you are saying if I find a ferrule that fits the shaft, I should still send it to them? I read that it is a special ferrule, but if I can find the same one for sale, I believe I have enough experience to glue it back on, maybe? I mean I have change my tips on my cues for over 20 years, but it cannot be that much harder, right?
Wrong, completely different animal. Anyone with a razorblade and some glue can change a tip, send it to predator.

Old
  (#5)
j2pac
Marital Slow Learner.

j2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond repute

11-19-2017, 05:43 AM

Quote:
I am looking for a place to purchases ferrules, most likely just the replacement I need, but I searched and it is hard to locate just a place to get them...is it that you have to make them from blanks? If so, what is the easiest way by hand, as I do not have many tools.
While I would suggest that this thread should have been posted in the ask the cuemaker forum...I will also tell you to listen to KJ on this one. If you are not a competent repair person, with the necessary tools, and skill for THIS job, either find one, or send it back to Predator, as KJ suggested.
Best regards.
Joe P

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire - "What you are shouts so loudly in my ears, I cannot hear what you say." - R.W. Emerson -

TOMAHAWK FERRULE MATERIAL - NO CLICK, JUST BANG.

Old
  (#6)
cafrank
AzB Bronze Member
cafrank has a reputation beyond reputecafrank has a reputation beyond reputecafrank has a reputation beyond reputecafrank has a reputation beyond reputecafrank has a reputation beyond reputecafrank has a reputation beyond reputecafrank has a reputation beyond reputecafrank has a reputation beyond reputecafrank has a reputation beyond reputecafrank has a reputation beyond reputecafrank has a reputation beyond repute

11-19-2017, 09:23 AM

I would send back to Predator! These guys are 100% correct!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old
  (#7)
KJ Cues
Pro Cue Builder & Repair
KJ Cues has a reputation beyond reputeKJ Cues has a reputation beyond reputeKJ Cues has a reputation beyond reputeKJ Cues has a reputation beyond reputeKJ Cues has a reputation beyond reputeKJ Cues has a reputation beyond reputeKJ Cues has a reputation beyond reputeKJ Cues has a reputation beyond reputeKJ Cues has a reputation beyond reputeKJ Cues has a reputation beyond reputeKJ Cues has a reputation beyond repute

11-19-2017, 11:11 AM

Quote:
It doesn't matter what forum you posted in, the end result will be the same.
I took it that you came here looking for a replacement ferrule.
That's part of the problem, no one has that ferrule except Predator and
they don't sell them to anyone. They install the correct ferrule and guarantee
the work. You would have to make one, to specs and of the same mtrl.
If your crafted ferrule is different, the shaft will play differently.
I gave you the straight-skinny when you asked. I have nothing to gain with smoke.
I'm not a Predator employee. Your shaft is yours to do with as you please.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: