Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page Anti-Defamation League said Majority Whip James Clyburn went too far
Page 1 of 4 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Anti-Defamation League said Majority Whip James Clyburn went too far
Old
  (#1)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Arrow Anti-Defamation League said Majority Whip James Clyburn went too far - 03-12-2019, 06:30 PM

Perhaps he can fit himself with a rope and pull a Smollett.

ADL calls out Majority Whip James Clyburn's Holocaust comments in defending Rep. Ilhan Omar

As Democratic leaders rush to defend Rep. Ilhan Omar from accusations of anti-Semitism, the Anti-Defamation League said Majority Whip James Clyburn went too far.

“The Holocaust was a singular tragedy resulting in the death of 6M Jews,” the ADL wrote in a tweet. “It’s offensive to diminish the suffering of survivors & the continuing pain of Jews today.

The civil rights advocate called on Mr. Clyburn to retract comments he gave to The Hill on Wednesday.

In that interview, he argued that Ms. Omar’s experience as a refugee from Somalia was being overlooked in favor of those who were generations removed from the tragedy of the Holocaust.

“I’m serious about that. There are people who tell me, ‘Well, my parents are Holocaust survivors.’ ‘My parents did this.’ It’s more personal with her,” Mr. Clyburn told the newspaper. “I’ve talked to her, and I can tell you she is living through a lot of pain.”

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Yep. Sev is smarter than you all."
"I dont know much."
"I'm just a flea along for the ride."--366Robin

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

Old
  (#2)
hitman22
AzB Silver Member
hitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond repute

03-12-2019, 06:50 PM

Bitter Bastard with that look on his face looks like he hasn't taken a shit in months...

Old
  (#3)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

03-12-2019, 07:06 PM

I have cared for patients with Nazi concentration camp tattoos on them.

There are many Holocaust Survivors alive today. And there are far too many still alive that victimized them, Nazis that never paid the price for their crimes. They are still hunted. And many of them are still unknown. Tragically, too many of them went on to live productive lives in Germany itself and even enjoyed the sympathy of patriots there. There is some validity to the notion that their sovereignty was returned to them too soon. Of course, that is why they are still an occupied country and under constant supervision. Our military bases and nuclear missiles are not there for Germany's benefit, or to protect them, or because they want them there. It isn't really because of the UN either. It is simply due to the right and correct force of will of the United States of America to continue to stand vigilant over a people that twice were the aggressors against all that is good in this world.

IMHO their sovereignty should not have been restored until all of the survivors and Nazi criminals were gone.

Clyburn needs to retract, apologize, resign, apologize to his family, and go on to live a life of penance for his transgressions.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"
Member of the world famous Lock Society

Cases I made: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=258632

Old
  (#4)
justnum
AzB Silver Member
justnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond repute

03-12-2019, 07:16 PM

Politicians bringing up old problems because they got nothing new or innovative to bring to the table.

There are more pressing needs right now, shaking the tree for old voters is distasteful.

If that guy gets re-elected, voters in that district must feel hopeless.

That is the feeling among young voters, people talking righteous but not making a difference to anyone other than those 5 minutes of fame.

There is no point in voting, if all the choices are lousy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopdoc View Post

Clyburn needs to retract, apologize, resign, apologize to his family, and go on to live a life of penance for his transgressions.

Last edited by justnum; 03-12-2019 at 07:21 PM.

Old
  (#5)
Casual Observer
Viva... yeah whatever
Casual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

03-12-2019, 08:32 PM

Clyburn is a brainless slobbering moron.
The fact that he's voting on legislation that affects my children's futures is evidence that this country is far beyond salvaging.
Worse yet is the fact that there are so many mind-numb sheep that vote for idiots like him. Hell, there are a dozen of them right here. One of them is so stupid that he thinks Yahoo News is actually news.

"...And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe, and saw..."

Neil Peart

“...I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine...”
Atlas Shrugged

Old
  (#6)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

03-12-2019, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual Observer View Post
Clyburn is a brainless slobbering moron.
The fact that he's voting on legislation that affects my children's futures is evidence that this country is far beyond salvaging.
Worse yet is the fact that there are so many mind-numb sheep that vote for idiots like him. Hell, there are a dozen of them right here. One of them is so stupid that he thinks Yahoo News is actually news.
How is that evidence the country is far beyond salvaging?

Sounds overly dramatic to me.

Him and his kind of socio-political morons are still out-numbered, out-gunned, out-thought every day.

Right minded benevolent people still stand strong against the left. Even today we have been discussing their extensive academic fraud. They support it as a norm. They even politicize science...we see it supported nearly every day in this forum.

Do you have so little faith?

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"

Old
  (#7)
justnum
AzB Silver Member
justnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond repute

03-12-2019, 08:48 PM

Quote:

Do you have so little faith?

The current system and elections and elected representatives shows its balanced about 60-40. Its been leaning more towards the foolish than it has been for the reasonable.

Old
  (#8)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member

03-12-2019, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justnum View Post
The current system and elections and elected representatives shows its balanced about 60-40. Its been leaning more towards the foolish than it has been for the reasonable.
Panic when the canoe tips and it turns over.

I guess some have weaker constitutions. Maybe they aren't as strong or deeply entrenched in what is right as they think they are.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"

Old
  (#9)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member
Sofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond repute

03-12-2019, 09:33 PM

Quote:

There are many Holocaust Survivors alive today. And there are far too many still alive that victimized them, Nazis that never paid the price for their crimes. They are still hunted. And many of them are still unknown. Tragically, too many of them went on to live productive lives in Germany itself and even enjoyed the sympathy of patriots there. There is some validity to the notion that their sovereignty was returned to them too soon. Of course, that is why they are still an occupied country and under constant supervision. Our military bases and nuclear missiles are not there for Germany's benefit, or to protect them, or because they want them there. It isn't really because of the UN either. It is simply due to the right and correct force of will of the United States of America to continue to stand vigilant over a people that twice were the aggressors against all that is good in this world.

IMHO their sovereignty should not have been restored until all of the survivors and Nazi criminals were gone.

You exercise creative license over the occupation history. What history actually records is different, by treaties. It is true that the Allied Powers occupied Germany, of course, but actual occupation requires administering the country with military governors, so-called viceroys, and the like. The occupation changed in 1949, and 1955, and then all remaining formalities ended as of reunification. Germany is no more occupied now than anywhere else we have military bases.

It is the dirty secret that the former Allied nations all had the same interest in keeping Germany split, and that its sudden reunification was precipitious and unwelcome, and premature in their opinions.

Quote:
In the west, the occupation continued until 5 May 1955, when the General Treaty (German: Deutschlandvertrag) entered into force. However, upon the creation of the Federal Republic in May 1949, the military governors were replaced by civilian high commissioners, whose powers lay somewhere between those of a governor and those of an ambassador. When the Deutschlandvertrag became law, the occupation ended, the western occupation zones ceased to exist, and the high commissioners were replaced by normal ambassadors. West Germany was also allowed to build a military, and the Bundeswehr, or Federal Defense Force, was established on 12 November 1955.

A similar situation occurred in East Germany. The GDR was founded on 7 October 1949. On 10 October the Soviet Military Administration in Germany was replaced by the Soviet Control Commission, although limited sovereignty was not granted to the GDR government until 11 November 1949. After the death of Joseph Stalin in March 1953, the Soviet Control Commission was replaced with the office of the Soviet High Commissioner on 28 May 1953. This office was abolished (and replaced by an ambassador) and (general) sovereignty was granted to the GDR, when the Soviet Union concluded a state treaty (Staatsvertrag) with the GDR on 20 September 1955. On 1 March 1956, the GDR established a military, the National People's Army (NVA).

Despite the grants of general sovereignty to both German states in 1955, full and unrestricted sovereignty under international law was not enjoyed by any German government until after the reunification of Germany in October 1990. Though West Germany was effectively independent, the western Allies maintained limited legal jurisdiction over 'Germany as a whole' in respect of West Germany and Berlin. At the same time, East Germany progressed from being a satellite state of the Soviet Union to increasing independence of action; while still deferring in matters of security to Soviet authority. The provisions of the Treaty on the Final Settlement with Respect to Germany, also known as the "Two-plus-Four Treaty," granting full sovereign powers to Germany did not become law until 15 March 1991, after all of the participating nations had ratified the treaty. As envisaged by the Treaty, the last Occupation troops departed from Germany when the Russian presence was terminated in 1994.

A 1956 plebiscite ended the French administration of the Saar protectorate, and it joined the Federal Republic as Saarland on 1 January 1957, being its 10th state.

The city of Berlin was not part of either state and continued to be under Allied occupation until the reunification of Germany in October 1990. For administrative purposes, the three western sectors of Berlin were merged into the entity of West Berlin. The Soviet sector became known as East Berlin and while not recognised by the Western powers as a part of East Germany, the GDR declared it its capital (Hauptstadt der DDR).

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.

― Garry Kasparov

... the line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either -- but right through every human heart -- and through all human hearts.

― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

Old
  (#10)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member

03-12-2019, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofla View Post
You exercise creative license over the occupation history. What history actually records is different, by treaties. It is true that the Allied Powers occupied Germany, of course, but actual occupation requires administering the country with military governors, so-called viceroys, and the like. The occupation changed in 1949, and 1955, and then all remaining formalities ended as of reunification. Germany is no more occupied now than anywhere else we have military bases.

It is the dirty secret that the former Allied nations all had the same interest in keeping Germany split, and that its sudden reunification was precipitious and unwelcome, and premature in their opinions.
License?

I don't think so.

I think you adhere to the quantitative when qualitative rules.

And you are avoiding huge chunks of history (intentionally?). Such as...when their sovereignty was restored....decades later than the period you are talking about.

A nation without sovereignty with foreign military forces on their soil without their blessing or choice in any way. Occupied.

Quote:
Germany is no more occupied now than anywhere else we have military bases.
I disagree. And in point of fact, some of those places are just as occupied as Germany.

How many military bases and personnel do we maintain in Japan?

Of course, you will disagree.

I take no license over occupation history. You just seem to need to see it that way. I will not speculate why, yet.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"

Old
  (#11)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member
Sofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond repute

03-12-2019, 11:45 PM

After the end of the Cold War, the US closed 200 military bases in Germany and eventually drew down to the current ~35,000 force there.

If that is either against their will and without their permission, or constitutes an occupation, that would be news to the German people. They wouldn't tolerate any of those things in these times.

So it's a secret to the German people? A strange claim, if you are making it. If you are not, and they are aware of all those things, there would surely be a strong domestic political movement there to end all of that, even if only a minority. What is that movement's name, or what party advocates it, and how is it proceeding these days?

I have seen arguments that the US remains under the Crown, by the terms of the treaty signed two years later, and that in fact the US was put under the Pope's control by the Act of 1871. They are interesting to consider, but they do not seem credible to me. I put your occupation argument alongside them in that respect, but yours is missing their intricate details.

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.

― Garry Kasparov

... the line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either -- but right through every human heart -- and through all human hearts.

― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

Last edited by Sofla; 03-13-2019 at 12:05 AM.

Old
  (#12)
Kimmo
AzB Silver Member
Kimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25
 Send a message via ICQ to Kimmo Send a message via MSN to Kimmo Send a message via Skype™ to Kimmo 
03-13-2019, 03:11 AM

I'd be curious to find out as well anyone might think that Germany is an occupied Country.
THere are a couple of US Military bases still in Germany as part of the NATO-operations. Without them, US capabilities in the middle-east would be severely hampered actually.
US is also paying quite a bit for the use of them...German gov't is chipping in as well with some indirect payments....but much too Little to PDJT liking I suppose...
So quite honestly the only "occupying" they are really doing is "occupying the space" I believe...
Actually one of the closed bases with an airfield has been since converted into a small Airport where a lot of low-cost Airlines fly from and to....middle-of-nowhere fly-dropping on a map...but cheap...

Don't try to add days to your life, add life to your days! - This message is environmentally friendly...it has been written in it's entirety with recycled bits and bytes.

Name: Kimmo
Playing cue: Predator P3/314˛, ~20oz + KamuiBlack SS
Break cue: Predator BK2
Jump: Custom
Nationality: Finnish
Hours of pool per week: Hours?? As in PLURAL? You've got to be kidding me...I've got 3 kids!

Old
  (#13)
overlord
AzB Silver Member
overlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond repute

03-13-2019, 07:35 AM

Quote:

Doc you are an intelligent learned man and a credit to this forum. That being said your knowledge of the history of Europe is very loose.

Old
  (#14)
Kimmo
AzB Silver Member
Kimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25
 Send a message via ICQ to Kimmo Send a message via MSN to Kimmo Send a message via Skype™ to Kimmo 
03-13-2019, 07:38 AM

Quote:

some of those Nazi-criminals ended up in the US...or RUssia....depending on whoever got to them first....US Spaceprogram in the 50's and 60's has a lot to thank for it's advances to these scientists smuggled into the country straight out of the German labs.....

Don't try to add days to your life, add life to your days! - This message is environmentally friendly...it has been written in it's entirety with recycled bits and bytes.

Name: Kimmo
Playing cue: Predator P3/314˛, ~20oz + KamuiBlack SS
Break cue: Predator BK2
Jump: Custom
Nationality: Finnish
Hours of pool per week: Hours?? As in PLURAL? You've got to be kidding me...I've got 3 kids!

Old
  (#15)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

03-13-2019, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmo View Post
some of those Nazi-criminals ended up in the US...or RUssia....depending on whoever got to them first....US Spaceprogram in the 50's and 60's has a lot to thank for it's advances to these scientists smuggled into the country straight out of the German labs.....
Your assuming a lot, as if these scientists were actual Nazi's, or willing participates because option B was not very palatable.

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Page 1 of 4 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: