Old
  (#16)
poolhustler
AzB Silver Member
poolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 3500

03-25-2019, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuesDirectly View Post
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of the best things you can do is insulate every spot possible, forget code, you want better.

I have built a few homes, every single one of them is insulated far beyond code. Some builders thought it was a waste of money, I proved them wrong. Tap on any wall and it sounds solid instead of hollow.

Between floors? Yes sir, not required but it sure is nice.

Every single interior wall? Yes sir, the added silence is golden.

Talk to the insulation subcontractor if you can, the additional cost will surprise you, it's not that much.

Good luck, it should turn out fantastic.
You can also utilize sound proofing underlayment's and Quiet Rock. We do that on a lot of the houses we build. Most also use Icynene / Spray foam insulation. Insulation works better if its not crammed into the cavity and made more dense.

"Then again...you may be the Antichrist"

Old
  (#17)
poolhustler
AzB Silver Member
poolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond repute

03-25-2019, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay helfert View Post
Great advice here! I'm jealous when I read this thread. I live out West where there are no basements in houses. I had to appropriate my living room (16x20) and make a poolroom out of it. The wife came later!
Almost true Jay... 75% of the houses I have built have basements. Two homes ago the basement was over 10K feet !!! It was a 40K SF house ...but still. My good friend just bought a house near me in Monrovia that was built in 1911 and it has a basement

Looking forward to meeting your wife and kicking you ass (or maybe the reverse?) in some 1P some day soon !!

Old
  (#18)
poolhustler
AzB Silver Member

03-25-2019, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bic D View Post
I know you were talking about a golf simulator but that 9x12 area (estimating) below the table and chairs looks like it would be big enough for a small half bath and if you plum that, you can add a wet bar beside it.

Anyway....it looks great
Lots of good info here... I second this one as well!!!

Old
  (#19)
GideonF
AzB Silver Member
GideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

03-26-2019, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolhustler View Post
You can also utilize sound proofing underlayment's and Quiet Rock. We do that on a lot of the houses we build. Most also use Icynene / Spray foam insulation. Insulation works better if its not crammed into the cavity and made more dense.

Since you are building, anything you can do to provide sound insulation (including a good door at the top of the stairs) will be money well spent! Itís amazing how the sound of pool balls travels.

Regards,

Gideon

ďThe race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.Ē Hugh Keough.

Old
  (#20)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1470

03-26-2019, 02:46 PM

Is the basement fully underground? Or partly? The ones Iíve been in that were fully always seemed to have a musky smell and higher humidity. In either case for yours, will you have a climate control system in the basement that may address environmental issues that might not happen above ground?

Old
  (#21)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

03-26-2019, 02:47 PM

Also is there a walk out door on ground level so maybe you can wheel the tables right in (disassembled).

Old
  (#22)
xianmacx
AzB Silver Member
xianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond repute

07-27-2019, 07:14 AM

The house is moving along with the electric and plumbing work. Now that the basement is poured and mechanicals are in, I am reconsidering pool table layout. I had the house engineered to put the tables side by side in the front of house as in the first image in thread. To do this required a 16" i beam to remove a few posts. Now that I get down in the basement, I am considering another option, putting the tables end to end at the back of the basement.

This image shows the area in my basement that I can use for my pool tables. The ceiling in the top option are 10' and the bottom will be 9' due to hvac in ceiling.

Looking for opinion, end to end with 10ft ceilings or side by side with 9ft? No obstructions in either option.

Thanks,
Ian
Attached Images

Old
  (#23)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

07-27-2019, 07:22 AM

If you wanted overhead cameras one day, the taller ceiling may help. I have 8' ceilings over my table, and a camera directly overhead will not work, unless its a big fisheye lens that distorts the picture so much I moved the camera to the wall instead. I don't know if 10' is enough to have a better picture. Or if this is even a consideration for you.

Old
  (#24)
xianmacx
AzB Silver Member
xianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond repute

07-27-2019, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iusedtoberich View Post
If you wanted overhead cameras one day, the taller ceiling may help. I have 8' ceilings over my table, and a camera directly overhead will not work, unless its a big fisheye lens that distorts the picture so much I moved the camera to the wall instead. I don't know if 10' is enough to have a better picture. Or if this is even a consideration for you.
Ah, that's a good point. I had not considered that. Where is the camera mounted? A few feet beyond an end rail?

Old
  (#25)
Runner
AzB Silver Member
Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond repute

07-27-2019, 11:49 AM

Damn, man.. a GC AND a billiard table, AND a man cave theatre set up?
Yup, Runner is jealous! So cool to be able to build it to spec!

I agree on the insulation tip.. BTW, the floor IS the concrete foundation?..
and plan your lighting outlet boxes ahead of time!

Have fun.. betcha can't wait to christen that room

Old
  (#26)
deanoc
AzB Silver Member
deanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

07-27-2019, 12:41 PM

stadium seating with your table in the pit is the only thing better

your room will be the perfect man cave,i hope you get everything
just the way you like it and have enough sense to let your wife have everything upstairs her way
dean

Old
  (#27)
xianmacx
AzB Silver Member

07-27-2019, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Damn, man.. a GC AND a billiard table, AND a man cave theatre set up?
Yup, Runner is jealous! So cool to be able to build it to spec!

I agree on the insulation tip.. BTW, the floor IS the concrete foundation?..
and plan your lighting outlet boxes ahead of time!

Have fun.. betcha can't wait to christen that room
Yes right on the basement concrete floor. I am not finishing the basement during the house build, I will do it next year.

Yes I am quite excited. I finished repainting the GC billiard table, just need to get the corners powder coated.

Old
  (#28)
xianmacx
AzB Silver Member

07-27-2019, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanoc View Post
stadium seating with your table in the pit is the only thing better

your room will be the perfect man cave,i hope you get everything
just the way you like it and have enough sense to let your wife have everything upstairs her way
dean
Thanks Dean. I'm divorced so all choices are mine.

Old
  (#29)
logical
sarcasm while you wait
logical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

07-28-2019, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xianmacx View Post
Thanks Dean. I'm divorced so all choices are mine.
Once you know moisture isn't an issue I'd go wood for a richer look in a basement. Carpet is OK but eventually some peasant will just wipe his cue tip on it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Old
  (#30)
Dan White
AzB Silver Member
Dan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond repute

07-28-2019, 06:03 AM

Fantastic! One question: How close to that couch is the TV? I'm guesstimating about 8 feet, which might be a little tight for a large format screen.

Dan White

Page 2 of 5 12 34 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: