Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page Is this law unfair in Sin City? (Las Vegas, NV)
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Is this law unfair in Sin City? (Las Vegas, NV)
Old
  (#1)
CocoboloCowboy
Cowboys are my heros.
CocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1538

Is this law unfair in Sin City? (Las Vegas, NV) - 11-07-2019, 05:58 AM

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/2515452001

Hope other cities get the idea from Las Vegas. It a good thing IMHO.

underground
Old
  (#2)
ShootingArts
Smorg is giving the 7!
ShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

underground - 11-07-2019, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoboloCowboy View Post
https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/2515452001

Hope other cities get the idea from Las Vegas. It a good thing IMHO.

Dang right, push them into the huge underground storm tunnels where many of the homeless live in LV. Of course sooner or later a flash flood will hit and drown most of the rats but that is the breaks!

Hu

Old
  (#3)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-07-2019, 07:27 AM

I think LV should provide them all with a one way bus ticket to San Fran. Plus, throw in $100 cash and a $50 Starbucks card and off they go. Wants not to like. I mean, it's the decent thing to do. Get those poor folks out of the desert is the humane thing to do.

They can immediately sign up for benefits, and I think the going rate is $400 for homeless folks in San Fran. I think some LV poor would jump at the chance.

It's win/win, for the tax payers in LV as well as for the homeless.

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Old
  (#4)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

11-07-2019, 07:28 AM

Send them to Mexico.

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Yep. Sev is smarter than you all."
"I dont know much."
"I'm just a flea along for the ride."--366Robin

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

Old
  (#5)
Casual Observer
Viva... yeah whatever
Casual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

11-07-2019, 09:16 AM

I can't tell you how many times I've walked up on a homeless person in Vegas and wondered if they were still alive. I actually called 911 once when I was sure a guy was dead on the sidewalk between the Riv and T.I. (where the new Asian hotel is going up).

"...And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe, and saw..."

Neil Peart

“...I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine...”
Atlas Shrugged

Old
  (#6)
michael4
AzB Silver Member
michael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond repute

11-07-2019, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRJ View Post
I think LV should provide them all with a one way bus ticket to San Fran.
^^^ 100% agree ^^^

LV gov is doing everything they can to revitalize downtown Vas Vegas (and the area north of downtown)….they are clearing out down-and-out old buildings and now apparently clearing out down-and-out people.....

Old
  (#7)
sixpack
AzB Silver Member

sixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond repute

11-07-2019, 10:20 AM

Quote:
I think LV should provide them all with a one way bus ticket to San Fran. Plus, throw in $100 cash and a $50 Starbucks card and off they go. Wants not to like. I mean, it's the decent thing to do. Get those poor folks out of the desert is the humane thing to do.

They can immediately sign up for benefits, and I think the going rate is $400 for homeless folks in San Fran. I think some LV poor would jump at the chance.

It's win/win, for the tax payers in LV as well as for the homeless.
They were doing exactly that. Then SF sued them when they found out. But by then already had imported thousands.

Splitting time between Chicago and San Francisco.

"If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it." - Mark Twain

Old
  (#8)
jason
Unprofessional everything
jason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 3750

11-07-2019, 10:21 AM

I have an idea, make it legal to camp outside of the employment office only if they take the first job given to them.

TRUMP 2020

------------------------------
Jason

Old
  (#9)
jimmyco
NRA4Life
jimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond repute

11-07-2019, 10:31 AM

LV wasn't built on fair.

Player-Bob Owen Custom
Breaker-N.E. O'Barqueue
Case-Rusty Melton 1x2

Old
  (#10)
jason
Unprofessional everything
jason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 3750

11-07-2019, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyco View Post
LV wasn't built on fair.
I love Vegas, but don't get me wrong... I think Vegas is a big pile of warm dog shit covered in glitter.

(I don't know what that says about me! :0 )

TRUMP 2020

------------------------------
Jason

Old
  (#11)
WGDave
AzB Silver Member
WGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond repute

11-07-2019, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpack View Post
They were doing exactly that. Then SF sued them when they found out. But by then already had imported thousands.
Wasn't that "they" the city of Berkeley?

The city that has impeached every R president since Reagan, no less.

In order to continue advancing their illogical arguments modern liberals have to pretend not to know things…

Old
  (#12)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

11-07-2019, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpack View Post
Seriously? Bravo for someone in state govt for actually having a good idea.

Why would a progressive town sue, don't people have the right to live wherever they want. and what can they sue for, because some lucky folks won free tickets to SF.

east get around. Wait till a bands come into town and then have a contest....winners get to go, all expenses paid. If they don't come back, that's not our fault they lost their heart in San Fran

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Old
  (#13)
sixpack
AzB Silver Member

sixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond repute

11-07-2019, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGDave View Post
Wasn't that "they" the city of Berkeley?

The city that has impeached every R president since Reagan, no less.
Berkeley, Reno, Sacramento, LV and others.

Old
  (#14)
sixpack
AzB Silver Member

11-07-2019, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Seriously? Bravo for someone in state govt for actually having a good idea.

Why would a progressive town sue, don't people have the right to live wherever they want. and what can they sue for, because some lucky folks won free tickets to SF.

east get around. Wait till a bands come into town and then have a contest....winners get to go, all expenses paid. If they don't come back, that's not our fault they lost their heart in San Fran
You think just like a D Mayor! Aren’t you special! j/k

Old
  (#15)
Toxictom
AzB Silver Member
Toxictom has a reputation beyond reputeToxictom has a reputation beyond reputeToxictom has a reputation beyond reputeToxictom has a reputation beyond reputeToxictom has a reputation beyond reputeToxictom has a reputation beyond reputeToxictom has a reputation beyond reputeToxictom has a reputation beyond reputeToxictom has a reputation beyond reputeToxictom has a reputation beyond reputeToxictom has a reputation beyond repute

11-07-2019, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual Observer View Post
I can't tell you how many times I've walked up on a homeless person in Vegas and wondered if they were still alive. I actually called 911 once when I was sure a guy was dead on the sidewalk between the Riv and T.I. (where the new Asian hotel is going up).
I've seen this as well. In 108 degree heat. I surprised they don't just fry. The sidewalks are prolly 200 degrees.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: