Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Transgender's in Women's Pool League
View Poll Results: Should Transgenders Be Allowed to Shoot Pool Against Biological Women?
Yes 21 21.43%
No 77 78.57%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Page 3 of 13 123 45 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 2.00 average.
Old
  (#31)
CallShotCowboy
AZB Rose Gold

CallShotCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCallShotCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCallShotCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCallShotCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCallShotCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCallShotCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCallShotCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCallShotCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCallShotCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCallShotCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCallShotCowboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-14-2019, 04:05 PM

https://stillmed.olympic.org/Documen...ogenism-en.pdf

The WPBA has a transgender athlete participating currently.

This is the new modern era, and here in America we can NOT discriminate against race, religion, gender, etc or you can get sued.

I would ask the athletes in question to show their state issued ID or passport - if it says male then I wouldn't let them play.

Last edited by CallShotCowboy; 11-15-2019 at 08:36 AM.

Old
  (#32)
Dan_B
AzB Gold Member
Dan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 455

11-14-2019, 04:12 PM

The Woman's team in our league has been in first most of the season,
and now only a few points out, way ahead of the bulk of the pact chasing,
I'm in no way checking to make sure they are all girls....

It's said by we chasing woman is a good thing and it's fargo's fault,
that's what I tell my wife,
I'm staying out of this.

Last edited by Dan_B; 11-14-2019 at 04:14 PM.

Old
  (#33)
Mick
AzB Silver Member
Mick has a reputation beyond reputeMick has a reputation beyond reputeMick has a reputation beyond reputeMick has a reputation beyond reputeMick has a reputation beyond reputeMick has a reputation beyond reputeMick has a reputation beyond reputeMick has a reputation beyond reputeMick has a reputation beyond reputeMick has a reputation beyond reputeMick has a reputation beyond repute

11-14-2019, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali8675 View Post
I wish it were that simple. Title VII had the word "gender' attached years ago so that isn't an option until the laws change..

Thank you Joe Rogan....at least you get it~

I wish they would do the handicap system as well. The league in question is very old fashioned....even the rules...such as breaking from kitchen....what is made on the break is what you are stuck with..etc. There used to be 18 teams..which has been reduced to 7 currently, and another 3 teams stating they will be out the door next year. I am actually thinking of starting my own women's league in the area and running it correctly, perhaps even "invitational" as one person posted...Thanks for idea..

...Thank you Ben...very good idea. Hope to use it next year. Wonder what happened in Vegas...
You have been asked for proof. You must have missed the request.

What City?

What League?

What is the name of the team of the players in Question?

Old
  (#34)
JC
Banned
JC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond repute

11-14-2019, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
You have been asked for proof. You must have missed the request.

What City?

What League?

What is the name of the team of the players in Question?
There is no city nor league. Nor specific players.

This is a hypothetical, misrepresented as truth.

Mike page sniffed it out correctly immediately.

Old
  (#35)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

11-14-2019, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallShotCowboy View Post
The WPBA has a transgender athlete participating currently.
What's her name (I assume it's not a secret)?

pj
chgo

Old
  (#36)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

11-14-2019, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post

I support gender choice

pj
chgo
What the hell is gender choice??????

Is it part of the "men can go into girls bathroom"?????

If it is, all I can say is "don't let me catch one of them CONFUSED people in a girls bathroom"....

What would happen? Well:

Here is a line _________________________________

Not good...

Here is another line______________________________

^^^^^^^^^read between the lines.

BTW, I would never harm a "human being" or an animal......however,............

Jeff

I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Do you know anyone like the "wannabe" boxer in the pool world?

Addressing Replies
Old
  (#37)
Kali8675
AzB Bronze Member
Kali8675 has a reputation beyond reputeKali8675 has a reputation beyond reputeKali8675 has a reputation beyond reputeKali8675 has a reputation beyond reputeKali8675 has a reputation beyond reputeKali8675 has a reputation beyond reputeKali8675 has a reputation beyond reputeKali8675 has a reputation beyond reputeKali8675 has a reputation beyond reputeKali8675 has a reputation beyond reputeKali8675 has a reputation beyond repute

Addressing Replies - 11-14-2019, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
Our league is genderless using Fargorate and all such issues evaporated.
Most of the Women are not establish/have never played outside of league so therefore do not have a Fargo rate...The Transgenders do...One is around 560..the other 489...which according to Fargo...both are ranked Women's Masters. The League attempted to get them out that way on a vote but night of vote they did not show up due to being bullied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanB View Post
Every woman on the league who is opposed should just stop playing if the LO isn't willing to make it right
. Thank you for your input...however since it is the only league in general vicinity, The women won't be able to play their beloved game of pool. That is just not fair. Many of them go to the table grumbling. I have heard them state,"I don't know why I'm even trying, you're going to win anyways." And before anyone attacks that statement as being defeated already, please do not reply. These are ladies that only want to be out of the house once a week for a good time...The suck it up for the time being but there is so much grumbling. I myself have stopped playing in the league after I spoke out. I watched these Trans-Masters totally obviate their opponents. The prize money at end of season is diminished because the Masters are constantly running the table. IN that league, Table runs are rewarded.

I have been getting a lot of ideas from everyone so I thank you all very much...I probably will try to start a invite only league, (among other criteria) , next year to get away from this very issue.

To the Two Bullies on this thread...spread your hate elsewhere.

Old
  (#38)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

11-14-2019, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrctherake View Post
!!!@#$%^!!!*&^%$!!!
This isn't the place for all that. Sorry I mentioned it.

pj
chgo

Old
  (#39)
Cornerman
Cue Author...Sometimes
Cornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond repute

11-14-2019, 05:15 PM

Quote:
What's her name (I assume it's not a secret)?

pj
chgo
I assume he was talking about a known AZB poster.

In the past, the late Annie Mayes fit the description.

Freddie <~~~ loses to women all the time

--------

Name: Freddie Agnir
Shooting Cue: 2017 Tascarella (w/blokid extension) or Schuler SC-250
Breaking Cue: BK Rush

Playing time: just a hair above zero
--------

"I don't care if you win, just cover the spread!"

- Annie Potts (Memaw from Young Sheldon)

Old
  (#40)
couldnthinkof01
AzB Silver Member
couldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond repute

11-14-2019, 05:18 PM

Do they still have ladies nights?
Tuesdays ladies play for free, etc.

The gender nazis may have done away with
those, I don't know.

If they do have one in your area, invite every
lady in that league to get together.

Everyone throws in 5 bucks per player/ per night
No green fees, no league dues, invite only.

If anyone asks its not a league, just a few ladies
playing a little pool.

Old
  (#41)
JazzyJeff87
AzB Plutonium Member
JazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond repute

11-14-2019, 05:22 PM

Yeah the whole thing does seem a bit hypothetical, but I can get pumped up on thoughts I guess.

I don’t agree with any trans type competing in anything as their “new” gender. Unless it’s already a mixed gender format but I don’t hate on anyone. AK Morning sx...hot.

Old
  (#42)
JC
Banned
JC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond repute

11-14-2019, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali8675 View Post
Most of the Women are not establish/have never played outside of league so therefore do not have a Fargo rate...The Transgenders do...One is around 560..the other 489...which according to Fargo...both are ranked Women's Masters. The League attempted to get them out that way on a vote but night of vote they did not show up due to being bullied.

. Thank you for your input...however since it is the only league in general vicinity, The women won't be able to play their beloved game of pool. That is just not fair. Many of them go to the table grumbling. I have heard them state,"I don't know why I'm even trying, you're going to win anyways." And before anyone attacks that statement as being defeated already, please do not reply. These are ladies that only want to be out of the house once a week for a good time...The suck it up for the time being but there is so much grumbling. I myself have stopped playing in the league after I spoke out. I watched these Trans-Masters totally obviate their opponents. The prize money at end of season is diminished because the Masters are constantly running the table. IN that league, Table runs are rewarded.

I have been getting a lot of ideas from everyone so I thank you all very much...I probably will try to start a invite only league, (among other criteria) , next year to get away from this very issue.

To the Two Bullies on this thread...spread your hate elsewhere.
Sorry if calling BS triggers you but until you give us some names and a town that's your status. Seems like a question you like to ignore. Calling someone a bully isn't going to validate your nonsense. This isn't Jr. high school.

The pool world is small. If a couples of dudes were dominating women's amateur pool somewhere for years it would be well known by now. If you would have just posed the question without the drama of a fake story you would have been given more respect. Even though it's been discussed here ad nauseum already

Old
  (#43)
Kali8675
AzB Bronze Member
Kali8675 has a reputation beyond reputeKali8675 has a reputation beyond reputeKali8675 has a reputation beyond reputeKali8675 has a reputation beyond reputeKali8675 has a reputation beyond reputeKali8675 has a reputation beyond reputeKali8675 has a reputation beyond reputeKali8675 has a reputation beyond reputeKali8675 has a reputation beyond reputeKali8675 has a reputation beyond reputeKali8675 has a reputation beyond repute

11-14-2019, 05:36 PM

Quote:
There's been lots of discussion about that here, and the most likely explanation is that there are just lots fewer women interested in pool, so there will naturally be fewer top players.

I think it's also possible that there are innate physical differences that apply to pool - pool is a semi athletic game and men have evolved for that kind of thing.

I support gender choice, but I think it's legitimate to question the fairness of trans women competing in women-only competition (and vice versa) - whether physical advantage means enough in pool to matter is another question.

Next questions: Should trans women (biologically male) be allowed in men-only competition? How about trans men (biologically female)?

pj
chgo
Thank you Patrick for your insight. I believe that Trans have their place just as men and women do. I hold no ill treatment towards them. To be fair, I believe Trans should have their own league. When I spoke to the Trans before we were to shoot, It was a very respectful conversation. I simply stated that I respectfully declined to play her on the grounds that first she was a master playing in a league with unrated women and secondly she was a biological male. When we parted it was on respect, we agreed to disagree. None of you folks were there to watch this transgender play and run the table time after time. Her stance, arm reach, break, & strategies were all screaming MALE. Before I got into leagues, I watched my hubby play since 1973. I didn't play due to kids and such. I have seen MEN play and this Trans was definitely a Male obliterating the women.

What is the answer? I believe it is to separate "sex" from "gender" in the law. We are women and proud of it. We fought hard to find equality, now we are having our rights stripped away by Transgender rights.

We must ensure that by extending the rights of one group we do not deny the rights of others.

Old
  (#44)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

11-14-2019, 05:45 PM

Simple: Whatever shi*^er they use is the deal.

Old
  (#45)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

11-14-2019, 05:50 PM

Quote:
This isn't the place for all that. Sorry I mentioned it.

pj
chgo
No need to be sorry.

We can all believe, like or dislike what we want as long as it's with in our laws.

I spent some time in military protecting ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ right so YOU and ME can believe and act any way we want ...again, within the laws.

I do however, try to stay morally intact. I'm sure you do the same, within your beliefs.

Jeff

I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Do you know anyone like the "wannabe" boxer in the pool world?

Page 3 of 13 123 45 Last »

Tags
save womens sports, transgender in billiards

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: