The Biggest reason Lower level players can't improve ????

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
I think if everyone on the forum put DCP on ignore, only Cocobolacowboy would be able to see his posts. What a fun forum that would be.

Can you imagine being a top level pro player and getting an email from him for no other reason than to find out if a lesson was given. Can't just take one KNOWING that Gene will give the money back if he didn't learn anything. And believe me when I say Gene will be giving the money back.

And to DCP:

The more you write in this thread, the more it seems you ARE trolling us. You went out of your way to contact two pro players to ask them about Geno? Come on man. That is like stalking territory. The guy (Geno) has been a regular on AZ for 10 solid years. Posting all the time. Sure, he is a good salesman, but he's also a regular guy and participates in all the conversations and tells us lots of good stories and good info. If after 10 years you think the guy is lying and therefore not worthy of your trust, well then I don't know what to say. He's kept us in the loop all these years. He even put himself up against Bartram when Bartram called him out. Somoene full of sh it is not going to do that.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...snip...
Can you imagine being a top level pro player and getting an email from him for no other reason than to find out if a lesson was given. ...snip...

yeah, you are right. DCP: please don't post any conversation between you and said pros. That is private, I was wrong to ask. We have enough to go on as-is.

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The same two clowns that are always twisting things around are at it again. I really wish you two would just stay out of these threads.

Now lets get back to the subject at hand.........

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I think if everyone on the forum put DCP on ignore, only Cocobolacowboy would be able to see his posts. What a fun forum that would be.

Can you imagine being a top level pro player and getting an email from him for no other reason than to find out if a lesson was given. Can't just take one KNOWING that Gene will give the money back if he didn't learn anything. And believe me when I say Gene will be giving the money back.

Well the idea of checking facts is not Greek, it called good police work. Gene say a lot of things, but I would be willing to bet a few of his claims are pure cow poop.

His line about me viewing his DVD, and not understand what he was trying to teach speak volumes.

KIS is a good principal to teach, keep it simple, keep it easy to understand. Should not have to stay you might not understand.

That is the mark of a poor instructor.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you for your insight.

I know what No means. But I also know what taking things out of context means. Well why don't you post the whole conversation?

If Tyler said "No, I use CTE..."

That can still mean Geno gave him a lesson like he said a couple posts ago (post #573) when he was a teen red headed kid. And he now uses Stan's stuff. It doesn't make what Geno said untrue. Unless the conversation went something like:

DCP: Hey Tyler, do you know Geno? Did he ever work with you when you were a Teen? Did he show you any aiming stuff?
Tyler: No, I never met the guy in my life.

You see the difference? No only means no if you give us all the details, not a snippet.

Edit to add: and if you are going to call the guy a liar, you better not leave out any details of your conversation.

I've worked with so many players and kids when I was on the road. The kids were the best. Many of them are some of the top players around the USA. They just don't play in big tournaments.

Got families, jobs and enjoying life. Staying in one spot.

Some would travel to me for a lesson. But this skype has been the best. Just like being there.

Thanks for calling it like it is. Thanks you for stepping up....:thumbup:

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, I can't imagine using so many stances/approaches to shots. Must have difficult to gain any consistency. I only variants in my mechanics are bridge placement/height and how forcibly I press the cue into the webbing of my grip hand.

It wasn't a super mutant undertaking. Just testing to see what was up with those techniques; all by way of trying to stabilize my shot making. There's one I've seen a couple players do. They lean out over the stick then crook their head BACK to sight with the outside eye. Can't fathom the logic.

I've kinda settled into a groove that's pretty consistent. I can relate to being stubborn about your ways. Good security at worst.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tuneup was fun today......

I've only did the intro so take what I say with a grain of salt here. With this system you still have to get the feel, it's pool. You have to get a feel for the cue ball, a feel for negating throw etc, but this lets you get the aim right. You're not second guessing as much, not having to get up and re chalk, re aim re evaluate the shot as much. That little bastard in your head isn't second guessing and telling you it's a miss. You know the aim is right because you learn to see it clearly and correctly. It's a subtle thing, but it's a confidence boost to know you're not dogging the shot because you're looking at it wrong. It really does get your eyes right, and once they are right, the rest follows naturally. Your stance feels more natural, you're not adjusting while down on the ball or second guessing. So you're not trying to get a feel of aim, it eliminates that variable so you can focus on things like your leave and such. It's one less thing to be concerned about and gets the shot and stance feeling natural. If I said you would be able to worry about your stance being solid and natural feeling 50% less even wouldn't it be worth it? If your head wasn't feeling a miss and making you get up and rechalk all the time how much would that be worth? I know man, it sounds like voodoo or gimmicks but it's really not. When you get your eyes right, your body knows what to do, you've already put the work in to get your subconscious lots of data sets to play with. Give that little bastard accurate visual information to crunch and it becomes your little friend.

EDIT: Basically, when that little "voice" tells you you're going to miss, it already knows part of what Gene is teaching, It's not seeing the shot correctly and can't begin it's work. Gene teaches you how to correct this manually and it becomes part of your shot routine, so the little "voice" has less to complain about and can get down to the work it's best at. How much of a confidence boost would it be to not have to get back up and re-chalk even half as much? Quite a bit IMO. Give your "subconscious" or whatever you want to call it good clear visual information and it will go to work for you instead of busting your balls.

As you could see today Mark that once you understand this the tuneup is pretty easy. In fact you had it worked out by just what we had talked about on the phone.

This goes for anyone else that has had a lesson. Even way in the past. Feel free to call and I can get you back on track right away.

Thanks again Mark. Made my day seeing how well you doing with it.

Good Luck my friend...

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Maybe Rodney Morris was being polite, and laugh at your mobo mobo umbo jumbo. Do not see many Pro Plays saying Thank You Geno, you made me better & richer.

I have a saying when someone GIVES me a Cigar, gift, sample, etc. I smoke it, and had because it is bad, taste like s***, and I would never buy. If person.who gives it say how was it. I say INTRESTING.

Friend know that is polite for sh***, crapo, never agiain. your Perfect Aiming DVD Geno was interesting. LOL

You’re the most interesting character in AZB, no really.

Why would most players say thank you to Geno, he never worked with them, only a few as he said. Plus, most pros eyes are right, that’s why they don’t miss much. Time to get back to your bridge....

Do you ever get tired of acting like a clown? Asking for a friend.

Last edited:

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
... Plus, most pros eyes are right, that’s why they don’t miss much.

Mini consumer advocate point:

Pros don't miss much because their technique is grooved to that degree of repetitive consistency. This has to do with the personal universe of the pro and not any readily observable, much less copyable details.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Mini consumer advocate point:

Pros don't miss much because their technique is grooved to that degree of repetitive consistency. This has to do with the personal universe of the pro and not any readily observable, much less copyable details.

What you discrible is mussel memory. Same reason top athlete stay on top season after season. The game they get played well to play is not just a job, it's their life work.

Some people play pro sports a year or two. The greats have long careers.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
:eek:
You’re the most interesting character in AZB, no really.

Why would most players say thank you to Geno, he never worked with them, only a few as he said. Plus, most pros eyes are right, that’s why they don’t miss much. Time to get back to your bridge....

Do you ever get tired of acting like a clown? Asking for a friend.[/+1 (332) 234-6731

I voice my opinion, your problem is you do not like my opinion. Tough Tacos as mama use to say.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What you discrible is mussel memory. Same reason top athlete stay on top season after season. The game they get played well to play is not just a job, it's their life work.

Some people play pro sports a year or two. The greats have long careers.

Mussell mamary is just the label. How you develop it is not so easily stereotyped. There's mussell braynes to. Eekwul importense. Eyes seem to be stuck into the equation as an afterthought.

Now if you can source a pooler's difficulty to eye problems that's another thing.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
Mussell mamary is just the label. How you develop it is not so easily stereotyped. There's mussell braynes to. Eekwul importense. Eyes seem to be stuck into the equation as an afterthought.

Now if you can source a pooler's difficulty to eye problems that's another thing.

Mammeries definitely don't get your eyes right, they draw your eyes away from the shot. :D

Did a lesson with Gene last night, pretty interesting stuff, will report back, but all seems great so far. If your stroke was wrong, you'd talk to a coach specializing in stroke and stance. It's a foundation, same with your eyes. Gene wasn't selling snake oil, but it sure makes me play a lot slicker than before!

Last edited:

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
Just a quick update: I've been practicing for a few days, on sleep deprivation mode since I'm going from 3rd shift to 1st shift on Monday, you know take a 3 hour nap and get an extra day of weekend...

Anyway, the Perfect Aim system felt right and made sense as soon as I saw it, but like anything, you have to put it to the test and get some practice in. The more I use it, the better it feels. It's much easier now for me to recognize how to approach the different oddball cuts aim wise. I still have to think just a bit, but it's getting automatic rather quickly. I'm playing a lot better and with a lot less hesitation on shots that used to have me up and down and re-chalking a couple times. I knew they didn't look like they would go in before, but didn't understand why. It's because my eyes weren't right. Before learning the system, eventually through standing up, re-chalking, walking around the table, etc. I would either make the shot/find an alternate shot/get lucky/or dog it.

Now, I'm making those shots first time down at the table with very little hesitation. The only time I feel the dreaded "this will probably miss" mental chatter is on odd banks that I haven't ever really learned. I will say, even banks are feeling a lot more natural though and are definitely the next part of my game needing strengthening and learning. I've never truly put work or practice into banks and I have confidence now to do so. Do I still miss? Of course I do, but I'm only 10 months or so into pool after a 8 year hiatus and playing on a larger more unforgiving table with much faster cloth. I will say however with Perfect Aim system, I'm making a hell of a lot more shots and winning more than I did before learning the system. It's made me more confident to shoot shots that I feared before, usually resulting in the ball being pocketed.

I asked my wife, who is an honest woman if she thought I was playing better after we played a few hours of 8 and 9 ball. She said "You're definitely shooting a lot better." She's not the type to lie and would bust my balls just like a best friend if it were warranted while playing. So yeah, it works. I honestly think this could benefit anyone. I've played for a long time and most of my pool knowledge and ability is through just grinding to hell and back, info from random players, along with reading and trying some pool book stuff. I've never ever believed in any aiming system because I felt they all fell short. At most, I felt other systems were a reference point, but you still had to shoot by feel. Either they didn't work in all scenarios, didn't work as well as the feel I had developed, or were just to difficult to mess with when I already could aim by "feel." That's one thing I love about Perfect Aim system, it's not really a traditional system, and the "feel" I've developed still works, just now I'm hitting and seeing correctly. The shots go how you imagined/felt them, and you don't have to keep second guessing, standing up and re-chalking. It's not going to erase the system or feel you already use, but it's a foundation that's every bit as important as stroke. If your stroke was causing problems, you would put in the grind to fix it. The difference in what you're seeing is sort of subtle, in the fact you probably won't recognize it on your own, but it's a world of difference in results.

I strongly believe if you're ever second guessing yourself, hearing that little bastard in your head saying you're not going to make it, or having to get up and re-chalk more than you would like Gene can help you out.

Thanks for the lesson Gene, you've made pool a lot more enjoyable, the balls drop more often and given me a confidence boost to keep improving my game.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been doing Joe Tucker's Guaranteed Improvement workbook since about 2006 off and on over the years. I just tried a drill from it, that I haven't done since 2015. Its the first drill in the book, called Straight Ins. You set up a perfectly straight and long shot. Shoot it 10 times as a stop shot. Then 10 times draw (trying to scratch). Then 10 times follow (trying to scratch). You get credit even if you don't scratch, as long as you make the ball. The best I ever did before was 26/30.

Today, on a whim, I got out the workbook and set it up. I made 29/30. I only missed one of the draw shots. Best I ever shot, by far.

Video: (sped to 2min total)
https://youtu.be/67O2tu03TE0

Workbook scores (line with pencil pointing is today's after lesson with Geno):
IMG_0841.jpeg

Last edited:

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see the novety effect and ensuing preparation simply getting your chops up as the musickers say. Scientifically you would need to rule this out before you can attribute the "improvement" to the method.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very nice. Looks like your getting there my friend..

I've been doing Joe Tucker's Guaranteed Improvement workbook since about 2006 off and on over the years. I just tried a drill from it, that I haven't done since 2015. Its the first drill in the book, called Straight Ins. You set up a perfectly straight and long shot. Shoot it 10 times as a stop shot. Then 10 times draw (trying to scratch). Then 10 times follow (trying to scratch). You get credit even if you don't scratch, as long as you make the ball. The best I ever did before was 26/30.

Today, on a whim, I got out the workbook and set it up. I made 29/30. I only missed one of the draw shots. Best I ever shot, by far.

View attachment 558935

Glad to see your shooting well. Looks like your sneaking up on playing at another level. :grin-square:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

View attachment 558935

That is serious record keeping. Bet it help you see your strengths, and weaknesses.

Archer400

Registered
Just a quick update: I've been practicing for a few days, on sleep deprivation mode since I'm going from 3rd shift to 1st shift on Monday, you know take a 3 hour nap and get an extra day of weekend...

Anyway, the Perfect Aim system felt right and made sense as soon as I saw it, but like anything, you have to put it to the test and get some practice in. The more I use it, the better it feels. It's much easier now for me to recognize how to approach the different oddball cuts aim wise. I still have to think just a bit, but it's getting automatic rather quickly. I'm playing a lot better and with a lot less hesitation on shots that used to have me up and down and re-chalking a couple times. I knew they didn't look like they would go in before, but didn't understand why. It's because my eyes weren't right. Before learning the system, eventually through standing up, re-chalking, walking around the table, etc. I would either make the shot/find an alternate shot/get lucky/or dog it.

Now, I'm making those shots first time down at the table with very little hesitation. The only time I feel the dreaded "this will probably miss" mental chatter is on odd banks that I haven't ever really learned. I will say, even banks are feeling a lot more natural though and are definitely the next part of my game needing strengthening and learning. I've never truly put work or practice into banks and I have confidence now to do so. Do I still miss? Of course I do, but I'm only 10 months or so into pool after a 8 year hiatus and playing on a larger more unforgiving table with much faster cloth. I will say however with Perfect Aim system, I'm making a hell of a lot more shots and winning more than I did before learning the system. It's made me more confident to shoot shots that I feared before, usually resulting in the ball being pocketed.

I asked my wife, who is an honest woman if she thought I was playing better after we played a few hours of 8 and 9 ball. She said "You're definitely shooting a lot better." She's not the type to lie and would bust my balls just like a best friend if it were warranted while playing. So yeah, it works. I honestly think this could benefit anyone. I've played for a long time and most of my pool knowledge and ability is through just grinding to hell and back, info from random players, along with reading and trying some pool book stuff. I've never ever believed in any aiming system because I felt they all fell short. At most, I felt other systems were a reference point, but you still had to shoot by feel. Either they didn't work in all scenarios, didn't work as well as the feel I had developed, or were just to difficult to mess with when I already could aim by "feel." That's one thing I love about Perfect Aim system, it's not really a traditional system, and the "feel" I've developed still works, just now I'm hitting and seeing correctly. The shots go how you imagined/felt them, and you don't have to keep second guessing, standing up and re-chalking. It's not going to erase the system or feel you already use, but it's a foundation that's every bit as important as stroke. If your stroke was causing problems, you would put in the grind to fix it. The difference in what you're seeing is sort of subtle, in the fact you probably won't recognize it on your own, but it's a world of difference in results.

I strongly believe if you're ever second guessing yourself, hearing that little bastard in your head saying you're not going to make it, or having to get up and re-chalk more than you would like Gene can help you out.

Thanks for the lesson Gene, you've made pool a lot more enjoyable, the balls drop more often and given me a confidence boost to keep improving my game.
I totally agree!
Really the only time I miss is when I over adjust for english
I showed a friend how easy you can pocket balls when you are just shooting them and not worrying about setup.
With this system.
He was impressed.
Gene doenst really teach you about ball control.
It is all about seeing the ball correctly.
But once you see that. You actually get a much better feel for cue ball control too.