Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > 14.1 Pool
Reload this Page Lou Butera vs Masaru Hanatani

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Lou Butera vs Masaru Hanatani
Old
  (#1)
Positively Ralf
AzB Silver Member
Positively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Lou Butera vs Masaru Hanatani - 04-08-2018, 08:25 AM

At the 1973 All Japan 14.1 Championship

https://youtu.be/GkoXfbhga_4

Here's a match that showed up on my YouTube feed. Don't know who owns the rights but enjoy it while it stays up.

Old
  (#2)
maldito
AzB Silver Member
maldito has a reputation beyond reputemaldito has a reputation beyond reputemaldito has a reputation beyond reputemaldito has a reputation beyond reputemaldito has a reputation beyond reputemaldito has a reputation beyond reputemaldito has a reputation beyond reputemaldito has a reputation beyond reputemaldito has a reputation beyond reputemaldito has a reputation beyond reputemaldito has a reputation beyond repute

04-08-2018, 09:59 AM

Thanx a lot of older videos are surfacing.

The toughest shot on the table is the one you just missed......Myron Zownir

I've been watching guys tilt the rack before you were born ... Earl Strickland

Even If Donald Trump wins all of the toss up States He can't win ...... Rachel Madow

Lou Butera
Old
  (#3)
Danny Harriman
AzB Silver Member
Danny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond repute

Lou Butera - 05-07-2018, 11:45 AM

I was offered some great advice from Lou in reference to me Straight Pool game, never forgot the words of wisdom either.

Old
  (#4)
Straightpool_99
I see dead balls
Straightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond repute

05-08-2018, 05:29 PM

Wow, I'm watching this and enjoying it very much. I credit Mr. Butera with getting me into this game seriously, though through video only! I used to own a video game called Virtual Pool Hall, where he demonstrated several trick shots. He had one he called the "Canoga Park Curve" which was essentially a big masse. I became fascinated with pool and that kind of shot in particular and as soon as I was ready I practised my masses religiously. I even got help from a carom player to replicate that shot and similar ones .I'm still very good at them, from that early practise and intensive focus, I just loved that shot and wanted to be able to do it so badly. In that time I was watching video of Keith McReady and others as well, but I think the trickshots with Mr. Butera is what started me on the journey.

The video that started my pool journey:
https://youtu.be/k4awgTZ_hnw?t=76

Later I found some footage of Mr. Butera playing straight pool, but in all of those he was way past his prime, though still a force to be reconed with. This is the earliest footage I've seen, and wow is it ever good. I love how he plays, he thinks so quickly, yet correctly! He makes pool fun to watch!

Last edited by Straightpool_99; 05-08-2018 at 05:37 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: