Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Possible fake Huebler on ebay
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Huebler
Old
  (#16)
jmizzo
AzB Silver Member
jmizzo has a reputation beyond reputejmizzo has a reputation beyond reputejmizzo has a reputation beyond reputejmizzo has a reputation beyond reputejmizzo has a reputation beyond reputejmizzo has a reputation beyond reputejmizzo has a reputation beyond reputejmizzo has a reputation beyond reputejmizzo has a reputation beyond reputejmizzo has a reputation beyond reputejmizzo has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Huebler - 02-28-2011, 06:44 PM

Cant see if the nylon insert is in the shaft. I have had a few of the sneakys, but none with a joint collar, none that didnt have the brown bumper, and none that werent the engraved logo in the butt.

That being said, the logo is the sticker type that is finished over, like the H series from the 90's. I have a H-B that has that same logo on it. So I would assume it to have been built in the 90's.

Like others have said, it would not be cost effective to counterfeit a full splice Huebler sneaky, for what they go for in this soft market. Bumper could have been changed along the say sometime, that is common.

My Huebler Sneaky is not only one of the best hitting Hueblers I have ever had, it is one of the best hitting cues I have ever used.

At the end of the day, I would assume the cue to be real.

Joe
<---- has some Hueblers, but is always looking for more.

Playing Cue: Whichever I grab, with a Jacoby Edge Hybrid.

Old
  (#17)
ctyhntr
RIP Kelly
ctyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

02-28-2011, 07:04 PM

Thanks for everyone's input, I'll put it in my notes that its from the 90's Huebler, and it has a sticker logo, instead of engraved. As manwon confirmed, it doesn't have a Huebler bumper.

These are some known characteristics of Hueblers,

The small dome 5/16x18 pin, engraved logo, nylon insert, logo variation.
Attached Images

My ego is writing checks that my stroke can't cash.

Early Huebler Hustler cues
Old
  (#18)
poolcrazy
Huebler Collector
poolcrazy has a reputation beyond reputepoolcrazy has a reputation beyond reputepoolcrazy has a reputation beyond reputepoolcrazy has a reputation beyond reputepoolcrazy has a reputation beyond reputepoolcrazy has a reputation beyond reputepoolcrazy has a reputation beyond reputepoolcrazy has a reputation beyond reputepoolcrazy has a reputation beyond reputepoolcrazy has a reputation beyond reputepoolcrazy has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Yahoo to poolcrazy  
Early Huebler Hustler cues - 03-08-2011, 03:19 PM

Thats the real deal
Its one of the Cue by Huebler cues, Paul at that time didnt use the same weight bolt in his Hustler cues. When he went to the new logo and the nnew bumper the Logo read Huebler made in USA thats when the bumper was inset inside the cue butt. There are alot of those cues out there but most arnt known because after a short toime the logo rubbed off thats why he went to the Huebler made in USA logo. And fot the record. Dont ever let Paul hear you call his Hustler a Sneeky Pete
I lost about 5 minutes of my behind when I did it the first and only time.
He will Tell you fast he dosent build a Sneeky Pete he builds a Hustler
If you look at the Blue book of cues it shows the Hustler with that bumper
also known as a AS-H1

Last edited by poolcrazy; 03-08-2011 at 03:23 PM.

Fake huebler?
Old
  (#19)
master9baller
Banned
master9baller has a reputation beyond reputemaster9baller has a reputation beyond reputemaster9baller has a reputation beyond reputemaster9baller has a reputation beyond reputemaster9baller has a reputation beyond reputemaster9baller has a reputation beyond reputemaster9baller has a reputation beyond reputemaster9baller has a reputation beyond reputemaster9baller has a reputation beyond reputemaster9baller has a reputation beyond reputemaster9baller has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

Fake huebler? - 03-09-2011, 05:45 AM

No offense, but if you are going to fake a cue, would you fake a Huebler??

It is real
Old
  (#20)
Wags
2 pocket-one pocket table
Wags has a reputation beyond reputeWags has a reputation beyond reputeWags has a reputation beyond reputeWags has a reputation beyond reputeWags has a reputation beyond reputeWags has a reputation beyond reputeWags has a reputation beyond reputeWags has a reputation beyond reputeWags has a reputation beyond reputeWags has a reputation beyond reputeWags has a reputation beyond repute

It is real - 03-09-2011, 06:45 AM

To qualify myself, I sold Paul's cues in my room for most of the 1980's. Paul did not use a nylon insert on his Hustlers of the 1980's. All of his other cues had them. His Hustlers used a brass insert.

IMO his Hustlers are still one of the best hitting cues around. I still own one of those gems and use it for my traveling cue.

He did use a brown bumper on his line except for the Hustler that had a round black bumper (1980's) and when he sold his shop the bumper that you see in the picture became the norm. Too bad the people that bought his shop couldn't produce the quality that Paul himself put out and thankfully Paul took the business back and produced a limited amount of cues for years after until he retired.

The one pictured may be one of the cues built during that time or after he took control. It is absolutely a Huebler brand cue tho.

Jay

Lines I like to hear:

I put myself through college shooting pool.

I play in a pool league.

I'll play anyone in this bar for $100.

Old
  (#21)
jmizzo
AzB Silver Member
jmizzo has a reputation beyond reputejmizzo has a reputation beyond reputejmizzo has a reputation beyond reputejmizzo has a reputation beyond reputejmizzo has a reputation beyond reputejmizzo has a reputation beyond reputejmizzo has a reputation beyond reputejmizzo has a reputation beyond reputejmizzo has a reputation beyond reputejmizzo has a reputation beyond reputejmizzo has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

03-09-2011, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by master9baller View Post
No offense, but if you are going to fake a cue, would you fake a Huebler??
I think the better question is who is gonna fake a Huebler Sneaky Pete, just like who would fake a sneaky made by pretty much anyone? To say that a Huebler cue isnt worth faking, is disingenuous. There are many Hueblers that are stunning, and will command a pretty penny in the future. The US Open cue is one of the most original cues I have ever seen. The lower end cues wouldnt be faked, but his customs and some of the higher end cues are insanely nice.

I assume you didnt mean that like it sounded, that all Hueblers weren't worth faking. I just wanted to clarify that there was some that are incredible.

JM

Playing Cue: Whichever I grab, with a Jacoby Edge Hybrid.

Old
  (#22)
ctyhntr
RIP Kelly
ctyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond repute

03-09-2011, 09:25 AM

FWIW, three years ago I bought what I thought was chinese Dufferin Phantom. From the picture, it had the red maple leaf logo. When I got it home, that red maple leaf logo read Ontario, instead of Dufferin. It was only $45 shipped, and the sneaky that I saw in the ebay listing didn't have any of the typical Huebler signs.

My ego is writing checks that my stroke can't cash.

Huebler Sneaky Pete
Old
  (#23)
gwhiteia
AzB Bronze Member
gwhiteia is on a distinguished road

Huebler Sneaky Pete - 03-09-2011, 09:37 AM

I have a Hustler cue exactly like the one pictured that I still play with. I have 2 shafts with mine. I purchased mine about 25 to 30 years ago. Got my 2nd shaft done about 15 years ago by the man himself. I can take some pictures if you would like.
I would ask the seller what kind of shaft insert it has. then you will know if the shaft is original. it should be a type of plastic.

Thanks, Greg

Last edited by gwhiteia; 03-09-2011 at 09:51 AM.

Huebler Bunperes Black and Red
Old
  (#24)
poolcrazy
Huebler Collector
poolcrazy has a reputation beyond reputepoolcrazy has a reputation beyond reputepoolcrazy has a reputation beyond reputepoolcrazy has a reputation beyond reputepoolcrazy has a reputation beyond reputepoolcrazy has a reputation beyond reputepoolcrazy has a reputation beyond reputepoolcrazy has a reputation beyond reputepoolcrazy has a reputation beyond reputepoolcrazy has a reputation beyond reputepoolcrazy has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Yahoo to poolcrazy  
Huebler Bunperes Black and Red - 03-14-2011, 11:49 AM

Here are the dates for the bumpers for the Hustler cue or Ash1 or H-T
other names its known by, here are the original Brochure pics both showing the black bumper the red bumper wasnt used on the Hustler cue until 1994 after that they were Red
Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: