Strickland vs. Morra Match Starts Tonight Oct 1, 2, 3, @ 8:00

11 to 3 at break.
Johnny made several miscalculations and missed shots.
Alternating break format. ..so 11 to 3 is a slaughter.

Razor

Lex Parsimoniae
Silver Member
"Nobody knows what I know and nobody will ever know what I know because it is built into my body and cannot be taught." ~Earl Strickland

caromkidd42

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earl...

Earl's yapping up a storm like always tonight, said "yeah, you're better than me" to Morra while Earl was working through the rack. Score stands at Morra 17, Earl 16.

oldplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Al, I want to thank you, az, and the sponsors for this great free stream match between 2 great players. I watched all 3 evenings and was not disappointed, well, other than earl throwing in the towel when the score was 18=16 morra....but earl is earl....he is one of my favorite players and certainly one of the best commentators ever. thanks for all you do for the sport!

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
Al, I want to thank you, az, and the sponsors for this great free stream match between 2 great players. I watched all 3 evenings and was not disappointed, well, other than earl throwing in the towel when the score was 18=16 morra....but earl is earl....he is one of my favorite players and certainly one of the best commentators ever. thanks for all you do for the sport!

I agree, I enjoy watching Earl but he should have stayed in there. Most times a player in Johns position will stumble a little at the end. The pressure of getting out the last rack is brutal especially when you really want to win. It was a great match and as big thanks to everyone responsible for it happening

Bigdogbret

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's right. And don't forget when they played in the banks finals and Morra beat Shane. That was when Shane tried to screw him when he called a four railer and it went two rails and Shane tried to take credit for it. Morra kept Shane from sweeping all three that year at The Derby. I like them both very much, though...

I was at that match and Shane did not "try to screw him." Shane pulled the ball he banked two rails (after calling 4 rails) and rolled it down the table to be spotted by referee, Ken Shuman. At this point, Morra and Shuman bring the other balls to the table to be racked for the next game. In my opinion, this was a concession by Morra. He didn't realize Shane had called it 4 rails. Once Shuman picked up the cue ball, Shane then goes ahead to rack for the next game. Someone then "coaches" John and tells him that Shane called it 4 rails. After the confusion, Shuman declares that Shane conceded by racking. A bad call. Being it was being recorded, at the very least the balls could have been replaced. Or Morra could have been called for receiving coaching.
That whole mix up may have cost Shane the chance at being the only player to have won all three events at the DCC. Plus, he would have done it all at the same event as he won the One Pocket and the 9 Ball that year.