Regarding RAT cues

Seth C.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you serious ?
You might want to reconsider .
If you are, best wishes.

FYI, I happened to see that Ryan has a FB page which says this, in the "Work" field:

VVS, Inc. Canteen
Service Technician · October 23, 2017 to present · Lincoln, Nebraska

So, I suspect that the pool cue making business will be part-time, which makes sense and is very understandable.

scdiveteam

Rick Geschrey
Silver Member
Hi,

In my view, Ryan is better served choosing a new name to represent his cues now that he is sperated from Muehler.

His work and reputation speaks for itself do there is no harm to his future sales if he makes the name change now so there is no confusion who he is compared to his former employer.

Branding is a very important aspect in presenting your company to the public. I have always thought Rat was a bad name to represent a custom cue. The name has many negative connotations in the vernacular. Although Ryan's skills and reputation are associated with Rat, many of his future sales will have to be created from selling to new people that may not understand The history. Ryan Cues for example, would be much better than Rat. IMO

A new name with 100% positive imagery will definitely make a difference downstream and will remove any confusion with Muehler.

Branding your company's name and targeting your nitch in the market is something that should be carefully considered.

Good luck to Ryan and his family considering his new business venture.

Rick

Last edited:

ratcues

No yodeling, please.
Silver Member
FYI, I happened to see that Ryan has a FB page which says this, in the "Work" field:

VVS, Inc. Canteen
Service Technician · October 23, 2017 to present · Lincoln, Nebraska

So, I suspect that the pool cue making business will be part-time, which makes sense and is very understandable.

Yep. Part time for now. I'm working as a service tech and working on all types of bar/gaming equipment. I really enjoy it.

ratcues

No yodeling, please.
Silver Member

Thank you the kind words and well wishes. There will be a rebranding/renaming when I am ready. For now, I am enjoying myself and just doing some small, local repairs.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Thank you the kind words and well wishes. There will be a rebranding/renaming when I am ready. For now, I am enjoying myself and just doing some small, local repairs.

I definitely want to work with you
Sounds like you have a good plan

Congrats

WilleeCue

The Barefoot Cuemaker
Silver Member
Mullers loss.
You will do well on your own as you have built a reputation and a following.

WilleeCue

The Barefoot Cuemaker
Silver Member
Hi,

In my view, Ryan is better served choosing a new name to represent his cues now that he is sperated from Muehler.

His work and reputation speaks for itself do there is no harm to his future sales if he makes the name change now so there is no confusion who he is compared to his former employer.

Branding is a very important aspect in presenting your company to the public. I have always thought Rat was a bad name to represent a custom cue. The name has many negative connotations in the vernacular. Although Ryan's skills and reputation are associated with Rat, many of his future sales will have to be created from selling to new people that may not understand The history. Ryan Cues for example, would be much better than Rat. IMO

A new name with 100% positive imagery will definitely make a difference downstream and will remove any confusion with Muehler.

Branding your company's name and targeting your nitch in the market is something that should be carefully considered.

Rick

I tend to agree with you regarding high end cues ... however Ryan has built a name recognition and following for his RAT CUE brand at their price points.
He would be foolish to abandon that which he has worked so hard to achieve.
Perhaps a new limited edition of high end cues with a different name.