Has anybody here had cataract surgery?

LowRight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd say don't hesitate. My wife had it done 4 years ago. She now sees 20/15 in both eyes and threw away her glasses.

capt hook

Registered
I have had lens exchanges. My cataracts never got bad enough for the insurance to pay. Cost me ten grand. Went from +8 and +8.5 to 20/20 and 20/25

JohnnyP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My cataract surgeon said he couldn't remove the lens to make another try at removing the remnant of the cataract.

I think I need a second opinion. He wanted to go in from behind the cataract and remove it from the rear.

jensler

Currently convalescing from mine. Right eye first 7/23/20. Everything‘s good. Left eye second 7/30/20. Shot last night without glasses for the first time in maybe 40 years. Shot well on the practice table, won my match.
Received a nice complement from a higher level player just before my surgeries, he said,” My opponents better watch out because I’ll have crosshairs“ 😃😃😃
I stalled about the surgery due to “the sharp stick in the eye” syndrome. Turns out it’s very common. My eye doctor just went ahead and made the surgery appointment (thank you Doc) I’m thrilled. I received a medication that was so powerful that I would’ve invited them to cut my genitals off with no pain killer and I would’ve assisted.
Assuming all other things are OK with your eyes I can’t encourage you strongly enough to do it. Modern medicine is amazing.
As an additional incentive Doc said DMV would not renew my Driver’s license with the cataracts.
Scarey stuff. DO IT DO IT DO IT. You’ll love it.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My cataract surgeon said he couldn't remove the lens to make another try at removing the remnant of the cataract.

I think I need a second opinion. He wanted to go in from behind the cataract and remove it from the rear.

I have an appoinment with my doc at the end of the month. If I can remember, I will ask him about your situation and let you know what he says.

Aloha

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member

Best of luck with it, Johnny, I have confidence they'll fix it.

SpiderWeb

iisgone@yahoo.com
Silver Member
I had both eyes done in Medellin, Col on Tuesday and I can see ok. The doc said it improve for 2 wks and I will have 2020 forever, and I am already impressed. I ask for zeiss lenses and he said that was not my best choice.
The first place I went has 110 eye docs, and the one I used has 60.Very nice and clean an about 48 hun. Very pleased.