Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Tariff's and cue prices....??
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Tariff's and cue prices....??
Old
  (#1)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Question Tariff's and cue prices....?? - 09-19-2019, 07:30 AM

Anybody else noticed the recent price jump in Chinese-built cues? Lucasi, Players and most others have jumped a bunch in last month or so. Lucasi Hybrid shafts are over 300bux now. Wow. The Players sneaky i was looking at went up over 100bux. Are these increases tariff related or just regular increases?

Last edited by garczar; 09-19-2019 at 07:33 AM.

Old
  (#2)
misterpoole
AzB Silver Member
misterpoole has a reputation beyond reputemisterpoole has a reputation beyond reputemisterpoole has a reputation beyond reputemisterpoole has a reputation beyond reputemisterpoole has a reputation beyond reputemisterpoole has a reputation beyond reputemisterpoole has a reputation beyond reputemisterpoole has a reputation beyond reputemisterpoole has a reputation beyond reputemisterpoole has a reputation beyond reputemisterpoole has a reputation beyond repute

09-19-2019, 09:21 AM

Trump says China pays, not US consumer. Hahahaha. He so funny

Old
  (#3)
M.G.
AzB Silver Member
M.G. has a reputation beyond reputeM.G. has a reputation beyond reputeM.G. has a reputation beyond reputeM.G. has a reputation beyond reputeM.G. has a reputation beyond reputeM.G. has a reputation beyond reputeM.G. has a reputation beyond reputeM.G. has a reputation beyond reputeM.G. has a reputation beyond reputeM.G. has a reputation beyond reputeM.G. has a reputation beyond repute

09-19-2019, 12:19 PM

When I bought my Cuetec R360 it was 170EUR.
Now the same cue goes for 230-250EUR.

I guess it's plain old inflation, couple with that chaos Trumpi-Boi does.

Old
  (#4)
Stew boo
AzB Silver Member
Stew boo has a reputation beyond reputeStew boo has a reputation beyond reputeStew boo has a reputation beyond reputeStew boo has a reputation beyond reputeStew boo has a reputation beyond reputeStew boo has a reputation beyond reputeStew boo has a reputation beyond reputeStew boo has a reputation beyond reputeStew boo has a reputation beyond reputeStew boo has a reputation beyond reputeStew boo has a reputation beyond repute

09-19-2019, 12:27 PM

Just buy an American made Schmelke cue instead!

Old
  (#5)
Tennesseejoe
AzB Silver Member
Tennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond repute

09-19-2019, 12:30 PM

We need to buy American when we can....

"Man can neither love nor hate what he does not know." Cicero

Old
  (#6)
poolguy4u
AzB Silver Member
poolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond repute

09-19-2019, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garczar View Post
Anybody else noticed the recent price jump in Chinese-built cues? Lucasi, Players and most others have jumped a bunch in last month or so. Lucasi Hybrid shafts are over 300bux now. Wow. The Players sneaky i was looking at went up over 100bux. Are these increases tariff related or just regular increases?

Haven't noticed but that's great news for me.

Now I can raise my prices and start selling all the cheap cues I've been hoarding for years.

Old
  (#7)
measureman
AzB Silver Member
measureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

09-19-2019, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennesseejoe View Post
We need to buy American when we can....
Does this mean I have to eat at Denny's instead of my favorite Chinese restaurant?

Playing cue- The Mighty Lucasi Cocobolo
Back up cue - Troy Downey

I woke up.
Triangles tips and Masters chalk are good enough.

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help.
The above quote by Softshot

Old
  (#8)
hang-the-9
AzB Silver Member
hang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-19-2019, 03:04 PM

I have notices Players cues gone up in prices a while ago, especially their HXT models. They are up about $20-30 over prices 5 years ago. Which could easily be inflation or just the fact that they are desired as good stuff so prices went up.

I have seen this happen with everything. A headphone I was looking to buy came out, got great reviews and cost about $75-80. I waited a bit then went to buy it, they were sold out in many places and when available were over $100.

"I'll back you against anyone, as long as you did not know you were playng for money"

Charter member of the D-Bag Club, we stick to the letter of the rules not the spirit, and up yours!

Old
  (#9)
hang-the-9
AzB Silver Member
hang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-19-2019, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by measureman View Post
Does this mean I have to eat at Denny's instead of my favorite Chinese restaurant?
If you fly to China for it, then yes.

Where the money goes matters. My uncle wanted to buy a US made car so he bought a Buick. Then read the country of origin, China LOL

Cheap wins usually over "the right thing". Support US is great, but I bet almost none of us have that many US made products, cars or otherwise. I wanted to buy some US made shirts, $120 vs $40 for those from Vietnam and such. I don't have deep pockets. I think almost every electronic thing you can touch is made in China, or at least from components made in China.

"I'll back you against anyone, as long as you did not know you were playng for money"

Charter member of the D-Bag Club, we stick to the letter of the rules not the spirit, and up yours!

Old
  (#10)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
09-19-2019, 03:09 PM

It is common pricing strategy for new to the market items to be offered at a low profit margin in order for the product to gain presence, and then to see prices raised as the item becomes established.

Wher did u pepil goe too coledge any ways? Freds Coolidge?

My
Old
  (#11)
franko
AzB Silver Member
franko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond repute

Thumbs up My - 09-19-2019, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew boo View Post
My feelings exactly.

Old
  (#12)
L I F D 1
L S S T 10
L I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond repute

09-19-2019, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew boo View Post
U.S.A , U.S.A. , U.S.A. , (schmelke??)

Old
  (#13)
RiverCity
~Chuck Fields~
RiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond repute

09-19-2019, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L I F D 1 View Post
U.S.A , U.S.A. , U.S.A. , (schmelke??)
Hell yes Schmelke!

Iím having this one made right now
Attached Images

I don't like making plans for the day, because then the word "premeditated" gets thrown around in the courtroom.
Player: Custom Full Splice
Breaker: Poison
Case: JB Cases

Old
  (#14)
Rimfirejunkie
AzB Silver Member
Rimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond repute

09-20-2019, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCity View Post
Hell yes Schmelke!

Iím having this one made right now
I have a rosewood Pete big pin no collars. I bought 2 shafts. All my customs got shelved till I cracked my favorite shaft. Ugh

Old
  (#15)
oldarpanet
AzB Bronze Member
oldarpanet is on a distinguished road

09-28-2019, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.G. View Post
When I bought my Cuetec R360 it was 170EUR.
Now the same cue goes for 230-250EUR.

I guess it's plain old inflation, couple with that chaos Trumpi-Boi does.
Trump's increased tariffs affect products imported from China in to the US.
They have nothing to do with stuff exported from China to Germany.

Also, nearly all U.S. tariffs are "ad valorem", a percentage of the f.o.b. value at the port of export. The percentage does not apply to the cost of shipping, insurance or dealer mark-up.

Does Germany use a V.A.T.? Those are (generally) worse than any US tariff.

(based on 35 or so years in int'l transportation exp. )

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: