Mr 600

Balls

Big Brass Balls
Silver Member
I smoke out of a pipe around every hour and a half, so that's my excuse. California weed, Japanese Beer, a Mexican woman and a pool table made in Indiana is my recipe for happiness. Say what were we originally talking about?

H* Yeah!

you were going to have your woman get us a couple of beers, ear,,,

Balls

Big Brass Balls
Silver Member
niche area to write things...

Shit!
In a big picture sense, nobody cares about pool.

To claim a niche of a niche is the target of some grand plan is nutty to the point of idiocy.

You really don't think all these major companies have no interest in money?

I had a chance this year to meet someone that has gone to all the major tournaments for the last 20 whatever years. He is a well known and respected member of the billiards community.

In talking to him about developing my projects he told me that the entire industry is controlled by 3 or 4 `players` and that I would have no chance at anything if it didn't go through them. I thought it was a bit odd that he said that and I'm not really one to buy into that sort of talk without 3 videos, a ref, and a lawyer that is hanging with his secretary for the night.

I thought the billiards market was a nice underdeveloped, technically weak, niche that with a lot of work could generate a constant cash flow without a lot of work which is what I like. I also knew from research that most people know about pool and would play again. The internet end of things was looking bleak and plenty of room for web development and hosting. Looked fun too.

What I found was deaf ears, no money, no marketing people worth their pay, no desire to sell more, get more people into the game, update websites, build resources, build social campaigns, no community support, no players support, no league support, even a rude response from one `group` I won't name now. Nothing but a bunch of haters too.

I gave up btw. If I can get the sites done in time, I still plan to do the BCA sites because I'm doing that for personal reasons. otherwise, I don't know what exactly is wrong here, but a conspiracy isn't off the table. who knows? I'll probably never know, nor will you, unless you and others are just posting on "their" behalf.

It's too bad. I don't even feel comfortable asking for help from the community for Breast Cancer Awareness month. Which makes the whole lot of you just plain old disturbing.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member

I had a chance this year to meet someone that has gone to all the major tournaments for the last 20 whatever years. He is a well known and respected member of the billiards community.

In talking to him about developing my projects he told me that the entire industry is controlled by 3 or 4 `players` and that I would have no chance at anything if it didn't go through them. I thought it was a bit odd that he said that and I'm not really one to buy into that sort of talk without 3 videos, a ref, and a lawyer that is hanging with his secretary for the night.

I thought the billiards market was a nice underdeveloped, technically weak, niche that with a lot of work could generate a constant cash flow without a lot of work which is what I like. I also knew from research that most people know about pool and would play again. The internet end of things was looking bleak and plenty of room for web development and hosting. Looked fun too.

What I found was deaf ears, no money, no marketing people worth their pay, no desire to sell more, get more people into the game, update websites, build resources, build social campaigns, no community support, no players support, no league support, even a rude response from one `group` I won't name now. Nothing but a bunch of haters too.

I gave up btw. If I can get the sites done in time, I still plan to do the BCA sites because I'm doing that for personal reasons. otherwise, I don't know what exactly is wrong here, but a conspiracy isn't off the table. who knows? I'll probably never know, nor will you, unless you and others are just posting on "their" behalf.

It's too bad. I don't even feel comfortable asking for help from the community for Breast Cancer Awareness month. Which makes the whole lot of you just plain old disturbing.

Everybody knows about breast cancer, awareness IS the scam.

erhino41

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shit!

In a big picture sense, nobody cares about pool.

To claim a niche of a niche is the target of some grand plan is nutty to the point of idiocy.

It's part of their plan. This is a test run for their eventual goal of conquering mankind. Pool is so insignificant that it gives them the perfect opportunity in a controlled environment. I thought all that was plainly obvious.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

erhino41

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Good to see your up to speed.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think (and hope) it's a near-certainty that when John's 626 video is released, it will contain a terrifically informative rack-by-rack voice-over narrated by John as to his shot choices, difficulties, and appparently recently fine-tuned breaking stategies that helped in achieving the 626.. His newest breaking strategies and the rationale behind them is one of the many things I look forward to hearing about (and seeing) on the video when it's released.

Does anyone have opinions (or knowledge) about what he may have discovered or changed in regard to beneficially "breaking differently" as highlighted in red fonts in the below excerpt from the full Billiards Digest article about the 626:
--------------------------------------------------------

. . . The Arizona trip proved to be a turning point for Team Schmidt. While Schmidt authored another personal best - 464 - and ran through five more 300-ball runs, it was information away from the table that helped him turn a corner.

"I learned a ton of important things in Phoenix," Schmidt said.

For starters, Schmidt started to change habits, change playing strategies and even change his attire.

"I bought a pair of Hoka shoes," he said. "[Fellow pro] Mike Davis told me about them. They made a huge difference. My feet and legs didn't get nearly as tired. I also started eating differently. I started fasting and drinking these B-12 smoothies from Whole Foods. I started breaking the balls differently. I was improving every day by learning what worked and what didn't."

Just three weeks later, the Schmidts and Desmond were back in Monterey for Challenge IV, a previously scheduled one-month stint. . . . .
---------------------------------------------------------
Full Billiards Digest article here:

https://tinyurl.com/y44u655f

Thanks in advance for any useful opinions inre my question, hopefully from folks with whom he may have discussed some of the "breaking changes" during his leisure moments between attempts to surpass the record.

Arnaldo (Maybe I'll use the Chat option on his Facebook page and see if he wants to share something regarding my question, also any projection about release plans for the video.)

I think diet, sleep, shoes, finding more consistent break balls are
all a way to continue to strive for excellence.
I also believe when a man is doing ALL in his power
to be at his best, the confidence in knowing deep down that is true, is very empowering.
The fact that he won the us open, has run 400+ balls, and continues on, is of the utmost importance.
To keep striving for his best. To keep finding a way to
improve. To keep at it when you catch a skid, bad position, long shot, tough break- out, etc
While publicly putting on video and in person , all at 40+ years old , which I think we can all agree is past your prime, is very inspiring and admirable.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think diet, sleep, shoes, finding more consistent break balls are
all a way to continue to strive for excellence.
I also believe when a man is doing ALL in his power
to be at his best, the confidence in knowing deep down that is true, is very empowering.
The fact that he won the us open, has run 400+ balls, and continues on, is of the utmost importance.
To keep striving for his best. To keep finding a way to
improve. To keep at it when you catch a skid, bad position, long shot, tough break- out, etc
While publicly putting on video and in person , all at 40+ years old , which I think we can all agree is past your prime, is very inspiring and admirable.

Well, that only makes sense if you have and use commonsense. Unfortunately, some don't feel that way. Having said that, we're fortunate that the people that do not agree with that make up an extremely small percentage of our site/forum.

Thank goodness,

Jeff

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Well, that only makes sense if you have and use commonsense. Unfortunately, some don't feel that way. Having said that, we're fortunate that the people that do not agree with that make up an extremely small percentage of our site/forum.

Thank goodness,

Jeff

A very small yet rabid minority.

I understand someone being less than 100% convinced 626 happened. If it was very personal to me I would hold out for more evidence to be revealed. I am a little amused at the suggestion that anyone who believes it happened is either a gulible person who believes anything that anyone says, an idiot, a government agent or maybe a dogman, but we all say crazy things when what we hoped was untrue appears in fact to be very much true. Denial is natural human defense mechanism.

And then of course there are a few who just like being the bombastic contrarian or sucking up to who they see as the renegades here.

One way to explain it is a hypothetical example. If someone I barely knew came up to me at a party and said they dated Jennifer Lopez 20 years ago I would say "that's interesting", maybe believe them if they seemed like a normal person and that would be about the end of it. Its nothing to me if they did or didn't so why not just believe them? (For those following along...this is me and how I feel about 626). Now if somebody came up at that same party and said they saw my father robbing a bank 20 years ago...well that's different because I care if that actually happened and would rather it was not true. My first reaction would be "no, that's not true" and if they persisted I'd want to see some proof. (in this example I am a pool player who dislikes John or wishes he had set a record first).

I don't expect or even really want a direct reply to any of this but will not be shocked if someone reads it, gets confused by it and quotes it just to say they didn't read it because they are busy reinventing pool.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Balls

Big Brass Balls
Silver Member
Later girls!

A very small yet rabid minority.

I understand someone being less than 100% convinced 626 happened. If it was very personal to me I would hold out for more evidence to be revealed. I am a little amused at the suggestion that anyone who believes it happened is either a gulible person who believes anything that anyone says, an idiot, a government agent or maybe a dogman, but we all say crazy things when what we hoped was untrue appears in fact to be very much true. Denial is natural human defense mechanism.

And then of course there are a few who just like being the bombastic contrarian or sucking up to who they see as the renegades here.

One way to explain it is a hypothetical example. If someone I barely knew came up to me at a party and said they dated Jennifer Lopez 20 years ago I would say "that's interesting", maybe believe them if they seemed like a normal person and that would be about the end of it. Its nothing to me if they did or didn't so why not just believe them? (For those following along...this is me and how I feel about 626). Now if somebody came up at that same party and said they saw my father robbing a bank 20 years ago...well that's different because I care if that actually happened and would rather it was not true. My first reaction would be "no, that's not true" and if they persisted I'd want to see some proof. (in this example I am a pool player who dislikes John or wishes he had set a record first).

I don't expect or even really want a direct reply to any of this but will not be shocked if someone reads it, gets confused by it and quotes it just to say they didn't read it because they are busy reinventing pool.

No I'm not going to read your puzzle. I don't care about your thoughts.

Quite frankly I don't want to be associated with the kind of people tearing up this forum.

So it's time to go.

We will let the public and the legal system decide this one.

That will be my next project.

Later girls!

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Winner is ...

As a neutral observer, from purely entertainment perspective, the "JS626 is invalid" team is leading over the "JS626 is valid" team even though the "JS626 is valid" team vastly outnumber the underdog "JS626 is invalid" team
Rambo Lou, the defacto leader of "JS626 is invalid" team wins points for wittier more entertaining retorts and staying civil despite barrage of attacks (some personal) from other team.

Just saying :grin-square:

61jk0i0E4VL._SY679_.jpg

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
As a neutral observer, from purely entertainment perspective, the "JS626 is invalid" team is leading over the "JS626 is valid" team even though the "JS626 is valid" team vastly outnumber the underdog "JS626 is invalid" team

Rambo Lou, the defacto leader of "JS626 is invalid" team wins points for wittier more entertaining retorts and staying civil despite barrage of attacks (some personal) from other team.

Just saying :grin-square:

61jk0i0E4VL._SY679_.jpg
I call these discussions "internet donkey basketball". Its basically a contest to find out who has the liveliest jackazzes.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
yep

I really don't understand it either. You would think a competitive group like this would demand more. considering the number of them they are a small group.

Well it's only a very small group 'miner - odity' whom are truly brainwashed puppets, most of them are protecting the so called news sources (bca and nytimer) There only competitive spirit they truly have lies' in dodging valid inquiry's from genuine truth seekers.It's my humble opinion that most of them who are asking questions in an attempt to silence people like you, Lou and myself - who are asking the pertinent question bout where the video proof "actually is" - do in fact have some corrupt vested interest in trying to protect the bca's and nytimes wooly bully fake news agenda. In my opinion Mosconi's family should seek legal action for this attempt at a very rude intrusion on a legit 100+yr old record. It's a very corrupt world when there are no consequences for these fake news troll's aka bureauc'RATS' trying to corroborate false claims. Their fake news agenda also reminds me of an episode in creepshow where Stephen King touches a meteor that just landed in his front yard. In the picture show he touches the meteor and his finger turns green - he then say's meteor schidtt' - only this would be 'media schidt'. I would personally like to say thanks to honest People like you and Lou for speaking up against their worthless media mob schidt. I just refuse to believe there are no consequences for bca (notice no caps) and nytime - trying to taint Mosconi's great record run of 526, particularly when there are reliable machines that can digitally clarify the validity of their bogus claim. I would for sure support the APA or any other bar league than over that of the bca govt bureauc'rats corruption. Also if anyone out there has a subscription to nytimes - it should be cancelled asap. Shame on the bca and nytimes they are worthless govt bureauc'rat'icle institutions that need to be dismantled at the foundation.

Last edited:

wayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well it's only a very small group 'miner - odity' whom are truly brainwashed puppets, most of them are protecting the so called news sources (bca and nytimer) There only competitive spirit they truly have lies' in dodging valid inquiry's from genuine truth seekers.It's my humble opinion that most of them who are asking questions in an attempt to silence people like you, Lou and myself - who are asking the pertinent question bout where the video proof "actually is" - do in fact have some corrupt vested interest in trying to protect the bca's and nytimes wooly bully fake news agenda. In my opinion Mosconi's family should seek legal action for this attempt at a very rude intrusion on a legit 100+yr old record. It's a very corrupt world when there are no consequences for these fake news troll's aka bureauc'RATS' trying to corroborate false claims. Their fake news agenda also reminds me of an episode in creepshow where Stephen King touches a meteor that just landed in his front yard. In the picture show he touches the meteor and his finger turns green - he then say's meteor schidtt' - only this would be 'media schidt'. I would personally like to say thanks to honest People like you and Lou for speaking up against their worthless media mob schidt. I just refuse to believe there are no consequences for bca (notice no caps) and nytime - trying to taint Mosconi's great record run of 526, particularly when there are machines that can digitally clarify the validity of their bogus claim. I would for sure support the APA or any other bar league than over that of the bca govt bureauc'rats corruption. Also if anyone out there has a subscription to nytimes - it should be cancelled asap. Shame on the bca and nytimes they are worthless govt bureauc'rat'icle institutions that need to be dismantled at the foundation.

Do you think Lou and you might form some of your opinions based on past feuds with John Schmidt?
He once invited Lou out to the parking lot because he wanted to beat the living f___ out of him.
John's famous quote to Danny Harriman "I would rather be eaten by a goat and shit off a cliff than lose 2 dollars
to you."
Probably not, you both seem like the forgive and forget type.