Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Shane VanBoening VS: Chang Jung Lin Tomorrow LIVE in Ft Worth Tx
Page 24 of 24 « First 14222324

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
The One Ball Moved......Barely!!
Old
  (#346)
CJ Wiley
ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION

CJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500
Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth Texas - Book Private Lessons thegameistheteacher@gmail.com

Thumbs up The One Ball Moved......Barely!! - 05-02-2019, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesUFarley View Post
Shane made that hit on the 1. It barely moved.
You are correct!

I am surprised he misjudged that kick by such a margin, he was trying to kick it in the side pocket.

TO BOOK PRIVATE LESSONS EMAIL ME AT thegameistheteacher@gmail.com - Private Membership Site is www.masteringpocketbilliards.com - For DVDs and Blogs www.cjwiley.com

Old
  (#347)
sjm
Stu with the Ko brothers
sjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 525

05-02-2019, 03:31 PM

Shout out to Shane for fighting to the end. The heart he showed and always shows is part of why we admire him so much, Those who don't think he wanted it real bad are kidding themselves, for Chang has owned Shane in Asia and Shane would have loved some revenge, especially with a US crowd watching. Wonder how much SVB and his team had bet on the side, here, but I'd guess not that much, because they've learned the hard way how hard this Chang fellow is to beat.

Of course, anyone who was at the Derby knows that there were virtually no takers for a match with JL Chang in the action room. His team made it clear to everyone that he'd bet high against anyone there, but noone would play him, and it might have remained that way until Friday afternoon's elimination of both Filler and Chang from the nine ball.

It was then, and only then, that Filler became the first one to bet high in a match with Chang, and they played a 10-ball race to 17, won by Filler 17-14. Both guys played beautifully.

Shane will rise again, but he might want to stop making games with the great Chang. There's easier action out there, and he knows where to find it.

Old
  (#348)
spartan
AzB Silver Member
spartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond repute

Talking 05-02-2019, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLarge View Post
Yes; that thin hit was in Game 86 at 48-37 -- a "coat of paint" hit. Chang proceeded to run to the 6-ball, for which he drew the CB straight back into the side pocket. That was in the midst of Shane's string of 10 wins in 11 games (games 82-92), interrupted only by that 1/10 combo for Chang in Game 89 after Shane's dry break. And then Shane broke dry again in Game 93 and Chang ran out for the 50-43 victory.
My bad. Heard commentators say BIH

Old
  (#349)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

05-02-2019, 06:59 PM

Im not a fan of long races....even though I had some long money matches earlier in life....
...by the game

I love watching Chang play...reminds me of Buddy Hall....in the late 70s.
...but I was hurting for Shane the first day...like getting hit by a Mack truck....
....but he restored his dignity on the second day.

If they were playing race to 25, best 2 out of 3 sets....wed be watching the rubber match now.

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#350)
spartan
AzB Silver Member
spartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond repute

Talking 05-02-2019, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post
I’m not a fan of long races....even though I had some long money matches earlier in life....
...by the game

...but I was hurting for Shane the first day...like getting hit by a Mack truck....

If they were playing race to 25, best 2 out of 3 sets....we’d be watching the rubber match now.
That is why I like sets of short races instead of 1 long race. More entertaining
Anyway , each new day is a new race cos way players play vary from day to day.
Technically, a race to 50 should be non-stop race without long sleep break in between.

Old
  (#351)
pinkspider
Crap user name, I know.
pinkspider has a reputation beyond reputepinkspider has a reputation beyond reputepinkspider has a reputation beyond reputepinkspider has a reputation beyond reputepinkspider has a reputation beyond reputepinkspider has a reputation beyond reputepinkspider has a reputation beyond reputepinkspider has a reputation beyond reputepinkspider has a reputation beyond reputepinkspider has a reputation beyond reputepinkspider has a reputation beyond repute

05-02-2019, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan View Post
That is why I like sets of short races instead of 1 long race. More entertaining
Technically, a race to 50 should be non-stop race without long sleep break in between.
The spartan race of pool eh?

Old
  (#352)
spartan
AzB Silver Member

Talking 05-02-2019, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkspider View Post
The spartan race of pool eh?
Yes , gladiator format

Old
  (#353)
gypsy_soul
AzB Silver Member
gypsy_soul has a reputation beyond reputegypsy_soul has a reputation beyond reputegypsy_soul has a reputation beyond reputegypsy_soul has a reputation beyond reputegypsy_soul has a reputation beyond reputegypsy_soul has a reputation beyond reputegypsy_soul has a reputation beyond reputegypsy_soul has a reputation beyond reputegypsy_soul has a reputation beyond reputegypsy_soul has a reputation beyond reputegypsy_soul has a reputation beyond repute

05-03-2019, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Yes , gladiator format
I'm game ! Till opponent says he is done just like in the movie The Hustler .... I've never not once quit winner !

Old
  (#354)
De420MadHatter
SicBiNature
De420MadHatter has a reputation beyond reputeDe420MadHatter has a reputation beyond reputeDe420MadHatter has a reputation beyond reputeDe420MadHatter has a reputation beyond reputeDe420MadHatter has a reputation beyond reputeDe420MadHatter has a reputation beyond reputeDe420MadHatter has a reputation beyond reputeDe420MadHatter has a reputation beyond reputeDe420MadHatter has a reputation beyond reputeDe420MadHatter has a reputation beyond reputeDe420MadHatter has a reputation beyond repute

05-03-2019, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy_soul View Post
I'm game ! Till opponent says he is done just like in the movie The Hustler .... I've never not once quit winner !
He ain't lying

Old
  (#355)
one stroke
AzB Silver Member
one stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond repute

05-03-2019, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post
Im not a fan of long races....even though I had some long money matches earlier in life....
...by the game

If they were playing race to 25, best 2 out of 3 sets....wed be watching the rubber match now.
I like watching Buddy but I see nothing alike in their game except thier stroke was always the same , but buddy 's long stroke with a five minute pause lol was a thing of beauty, arguably the best stroke of all time ,

Old
  (#356)
one stroke
AzB Silver Member
one stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond repute

05-03-2019, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Then it's a battle of conditioning also not so sure that bares out the best player all the time

When will Chinese 8 ball be the the top game for all
Old
  (#357)
one stroke
AzB Silver Member

When will Chinese 8 ball be the the top game for all - 05-03-2019, 06:25 PM

I have been watching it a lot lately and they are dumping a lot of money into this game
To me it is the best game to bridge all cue sports together it's 8 ball game that's played world wide it's played on a 9 ft ,, American length table and it has snooker pockets,
To me it's the perfect game for all to complete in

Old
  (#358)
sjm
Stu with the Ko brothers
sjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 525

05-03-2019, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one stroke View Post
I like watching Buddy but I see nothing alike in their game except thier stroke was always the same , but buddy 's long stroke with a five minute pause lol was a thing of beauty, arguably the best stroke of all time ,

For me, it's Wu that brings back memories of Buddy Hall. Not talking about their strokes, but as pattern players they are very similar in their table management.

I'd have to give Mizerak my vote for best stroke I've ever seen, but Buddy is on the short list.

Old
  (#359)
spartan
AzB Silver Member

Talking 05-03-2019, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one stroke View Post
I have been watching it a lot lately and they are dumping a lot of money into this game
To me it is the best game to bridge all cue sports together it's 8 ball game that's played world wide it's played on a 9 ft ,, American length table and it has snooker pockets,
To me it's the perfect game for all to complete in

Always an irony that anywhere in the world , 8 ball (whether it is American/WPA 8 ball, British 8 ball or Chinese 8 ball) is still by far the most popular cuesport played recreationally (in pubs, bars) but it is not the most watched.
You would think that if pool promoters want to target the mainstream audience, they would go for 8 ball events. But somehow all major pool events by promoters are still 9 ball which is neither game played by most nor is it is preferred game of pros.
But then again what we like to play and what we like to watch can be 2 different things

Old
  (#360)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

05-03-2019, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjm View Post
For me, it's Wu that brings back memories of Buddy Hall. Not talking about their strokes, but as pattern players they are very similar in their table management.

(I'd have to give Mizerak my vote for best stroke I've ever seen, but Buddy is on the short list.
Funny you should bring that up....
...I told Buddy once that if we could put his stroke on a snooker cue...
...it could win the world snooker title....
...he said Dont forget the Miz...nobody strokes them better.

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Page 24 of 24 « First 14222324

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: