JB Cases—safe for linen wrapped cues?

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Question: I have JB Rugged and when I insert the butt ( i do pin-side up) I notice lots of friction between the butt and the fleecy lining. Feels like it would fray the wrap as I slide the cue in. and since it’s Cortland, I worry.

Any thoughts?

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i would think if it was a problem it would be all over the internet by now
maybe john barton will see this thread and respond

Nine ... corner

BANNED
Silver Member
I have a 3 x 5 JB rugged case and all three of the cues I carry have linen wrap. They are all in and out of the case frequently and no problem.

BigBoof

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would be worried about an expensive cue in any other case on the market.

I have a Barnhart that is as thick as any modern butt and no problems in a butterfly or a top loader JB case.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would be worried about an expensive cue in any other case on the market.

I have a Barnhart that is as thick as any modern butt and no problems in a butterfly or a top loader JB case.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk
Exactly what I wanted to hear!!

L I F D 1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
`If I had a new to me cortline wrapped tad i'd be stupid about it too.
what gets me is you didn't post a pic, thread has to have a jpeg, especially if it's a wrapped with cortline tad.

JB Case won't hurt the wrap, it's super thick and as legend goes, you should be able to turn the case upside down, fully loaded with cues.
check youtibe for JB Case video's, cue's don't fall out of case.

Join Protectors are essential, even in a thickly padded case.
shafts in first, tips out.
then butt goes in joint down.

w0w!!

Attachments

• splice 011.jpg
    splice 011.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 529
Last edited:

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol...here ya go buddy. Purchased from Kirby, who was GREAT.

Attachments

• E1B6C501-B19B-48E5-8F2D-2C3058D71E40.jpeg
    E1B6C501-B19B-48E5-8F2D-2C3058D71E40.jpeg
    99.2 KB · Views: 577
  • 27B02CC5-6F49-4D58-9E8D-79BD1109155A.jpg
    27B02CC5-6F49-4D58-9E8D-79BD1109155A.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 573

Nine ... corner

BANNED
Silver Member
Beautiful cue Rich and I don't blame you for asking about the level of protection. FWIW in my 3 x 5 two butts go in pin up and the third middle one goes pin down. It doesn't matter. JB also supplies a sleeve that you can put on your cue. The purpose is really for ease of removal but it would be between the linen and inside of your case. Just another thought. Have fun with that beauty. :thumbup:

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was more worried about the finish of the cue. I understand the aspect of slide it in slow, but let's hook that up to a machine and let it slide it in slow 1000 times and see what happens to the finish (can't wait for the responses to that one :)). There is friction, it will affect it.

My normal players I don't worry too much about but when I had my Dzuricky I resolved the issue by using the supplied rubber grip sleeve. I never slid that into the case without protection (pun that one :)).

I have a cue with bison leather wrap coming my way and I will use the sleeve for that as well.

I also have two Huebler's (with original Cortland wrap) I'll throw in there but have never worried about it.

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tad cues are actually slightly sprayed over. Surprised it has any friction at all. I don’t think I would worry about it. I put all my TAD’s in a case without any issues. Most damage comes from hand sweat and playing damage.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On my JB's load shafts 'tip up' first, then load butts 'pin down' otherwise they do not load, unload smoothly. Load wrapped butts first then wrapless. All my cues have JP's. Cheap insurance:thumbup:

-Kat,

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On my JB's load shafts 'tip up' first, then load butts 'pin down' otherwise they do not load, unload smoothly. Load wrapped butts first then wrapless. All my cues have JP's. Cheap insurance:thumbup:

-Kat,
Thank you! Good advice. by loading wrapped first, there is less tension/friction caused by other cues squeezing the space

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Question: I have JB Rugged and when I insert the butt ( i do pin-side up) I notice lots of friction between the butt and the fleecy lining. Feels like it would fray the wrap as I slide the cue in. and since it’s Cortland, I worry.

Any thoughts?

I put the butts in first, then the shafts. If the case is filled up pretty good, it's a lot easier to do it that way. My 3x6 can get pretty crowded if I have break/jump cue in there and two playing cues along with shafts. If I carry 3 cues, when putting them away, the cues go in first.