Annoying Chalkers... Comments?

Lesh

One Hole Thinkifier
Silver Member
There should be a very special layer of the Inferno dedicated to annoying chalkers.

SQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAK..................SQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAK.

SQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAK.

Hulk_Armless_Screaming.jpg

Lesh

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
The annoying squeaky tip shaper guy is way more annoying than the annoying squeaky chalker guy.
At least the annoying squeaky chalker guy has to stop and shoot at some point, while the annoying squeaky tip shaper guy goes on and on and on.
You never know when the tip shaper guy is going to start, but it will definitely happen while you are shooting.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
The sounds of a pool hall are music to my ears. The clicking of the balls, the whack of the break, even the squeaky chalker. Music to my ears.

What I HATE are screaming drunks and KRAP Rap music being played on a juke at a loud volume.

flash5153

none
Silver Member
I have a story about a chalking incident.lol

Back about 10 years ago I walked into a bar and there was a couple of bangers up at the pool table. (I'll never forget this)
They were some real hillbilly type. And had a few beers. I think?

One guy would take the chalk ,before he shot, and slam it onto the table when he was done chalking,,and quickly whip his stick into the shooting position. And kinda strutted around the table. (like a chicken)

While his buddy. Well,,I don't know how he could do this,,,but he could take his hand,or should I say arm. And flip it,,,, like a whip. Extending his fingers,,I guess. And it would make a noise,,,just like a whip. It was loud!!!
It was amazing . He would do this if he made a ball,,almost every time.

On top of this,,,the same guy had the powder. And I mean he was covered in it.(the hand powder for shooting pool)
It was all over the table,,and all over his clothes.All over his face!!! lol

When he would whip his hand,,,powder went flying everywhere!!!!

While watching these two,,,,,,,,,,Oh man,,,it was like a Circus Ole" act!!!

I never challenged the table,,BTW. Me and my friends just watched from across the room.lol When they were done,,,the table hardly had a spot on it that was not covered with powder!!! And it was all over the floor around the table.

Has anyone ever seen someone whip there arm out like this?? Almost like throwing a base ball,,then ,maybe, extending your fingers,,and snapping them back. It makes a whip sound. "Crack!!!"
It seems impossible. It's not!! lol

DallasHopps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a story about a chalking incident.lol

Back about 10 years ago I walked into a bar and there was a couple of bangers up at the pool table. (I'll never forget this)
They were some real hillbilly type. And had a few beers. I think?

One guy would take the chalk ,before he shot, and slam it onto the table when he was done chalking,,and quickly whip his stick into the shooting position. And kinda strutted around the table. (like a chicken)

While his buddy. Well,,I don't know how he could do this,,,but he could take his hand,or should I say arm. And flip it,,,, like a whip. Extending his fingers,,I guess. And it would make a noise,,,just like a whip. It was loud!!!
It was amazing . He would do this if he made a ball,,almost every time.

On top of this,,,the same guy had the powder. And I mean he was covered in it.(the hand powder for shooting pool)
It was all over the table,,and all over his clothes.All over his face!!! lol

When he would whip his hand,,,powder went flying everywhere!!!!

While watching these two,,,,,,,,,,Oh man,,,it was like a Circus Ole" act!!!

I never challenged the table,,BTW. Me and my friends just watched from across the room.lol When they were done,,,the table hardly had a spot on it that was not covered with powder!!! And it was all over the floor around the table.

Has anyone ever seen someone whip there arm out like this?? Almost like throwing a base ball,,then ,maybe, extending your fingers,,and snapping them back. It makes a whip sound. "Crack!!!"
It seems impossible. It's not!! lol

First, I think I know what you're talking about with the hand whip thing. It's kind of the same motion as when people who use smokeless tobacco "pack" the can, only with no can. The forefinger hits the thumb and middle finger, which are pressed together, and makes a snap sound. Popular with retards who watched "Da Ali G show".

Second, whether it was intentional or not, you made me laugh with the Circus Ole reference. My wife thought that's what they were named as well (Cirque du Soleil) and it always makes me picture a shitty Mexican circus act with lots of disappointed ticket holders in the crowd.

flash5153

none
Silver Member
First, I think I know what you're talking about with the hand whip thing. It's kind of the same motion as when people who use smokeless tobacco "pack" the can, only with no can. The forefinger hits the thumb and middle finger, which are pressed together, and makes a snap sound. Popular with retards who watched "Da Ali G show".

Second, whether it was intentional or not, you made me laugh with the Circus Ole reference. My wife thought that's what they were named as well (Cirque du Soleil) and it always makes me picture a shitty Mexican circus act with lots of disappointed ticket holders in the crowd.

lol. I knew I didn't spell that quite right,,but also knew that everyone would know what I meant.
The arm whip thing,,,,this guy was really throwing his arm/hand out there.
I actually tried it,,back then. All I did was hurt my arm,,it made no whip sound for me.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
None of the above bothers me.

What bothers me is stupid people who put the chalk down where the actual chalk gets on the rail.

How freakin stupid do you have to be?

UGH

Ken

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dechaine is an annoying chalker. Corey is a driller. Both these guys baffle me when they chalk because I don't see anyone else do it like that.

Donny Lutz

Ferrule Cat
Silver Member
Chalk on rail

What bothers me is stupid people who put the chalk down where the actual chalk gets on the rail.

UGH

Ken

I didn't think at all about how I placed the chalk on the rail for quite a few years before I wised up. So I have patience with those folks.

One of my pet peeves is the player who starts a conversation with someone not in the game when it's their turn to shoot. And of course the ones that answer their cell phone, talk for many minutes and then don't even offer a "Sorry".

mmedford

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The chalking doesn't bother me, or does the cell phone deal. What pisses me off is people who stand in front of me during my shot.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

UGH

Ken

Efren does that. Keeps foreign substances from being applied to the chalk when playing/gambling in a crowded environment.

PETROBOY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

UGH

Ken

I use my own chalk in a chalk holder but I constantly turn the chalk over that others are using cause it drives me nuts. And most of them thump it down so chalk is all over the rail and makes a mess. I'm glad I'm not the only one lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
I use my own chalk in a chalk holder but I constantly turn the chalk over that others are using cause it drives me nuts. And most of them thump it down so chalk is all over the rail and makes a mess. I'm glad I'm not the only one lol

^^^ same here. I don't care how geeky it looks, I like having my chalk with me. Even better when my opponent also has his own chalk, then we can take the chalk off the table completely.

I thought the "setting it back upside down" thing was an exception, but I notice it more and more. Annoys me a bit, seeing all the chalk on the table (and eventually on my hands). I really don't understand it.

rob245

Registered
I agree. Some players chalk a certain way and make the chalk a flat surface, I have trouble chalking that way

bud green

Dolley and Django
Silver Member
There is a nutso methhead who comes in sometimes who puts the cube on the ground, traps it with his feet, and grinds the cue into it like he's an Indian trying to light a fire.

DallasHopps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The cool-guy way of lighting a chalk fire is to hold the chalk on the tip with one hand and, with the cue at an angle and the butt resting on the floor, using the side of your foot to roll the cue back and forth. Best accomplished while holding a cheap, terrible beer in the other hand.

stutz

did you call that?
Silver Member
The sounds of a pool hall are music to my ears. The clicking of the balls, the whack of the break, even the squeaky chalker. Music to my ears.

What I HATE are screaming drunks and KRAP Rap music being played on a juke at a loud volume.

gotta be my twin :thumbup:

PETROBOY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is a nutso methhead who comes in sometimes who puts the cube on the ground, traps it with his feet, and grinds the cue into it like he's an Indian trying to light a fire.

I do that when I start a new cube I grab a house cue and wear a tip shape into the cube I find I get a better start to it that way but I only do it once and for a few seconds