2019 China Open 9ball/9ft (5-8 Sep) Winner $40K

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Wu gets out to take the match 11-10. Very tough luck loss for Shane, as the balls just wouldn't give him a shot after the break near the end.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, what a match! Wu wins hill hill 11-10 in a match that could have gone either way.
Hard for Shane to recover from two consecutive misses on 1. But I think the turning point was rack 8 when Shane missed that 3.
The difference I see is that Wu handled the pressure slightly better than Shane. Capitalised better on mistakes and made the big shots.
Wu moves on to final to try to win this event for 2nd time.

Next up we have the other guys. Couple of young kids Kaci and Raga who have both never been in semis of a major WPA event before :)

4975.jpg

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wu gets out to take the match 11-10. Very tough luck loss for Shane, as the balls just wouldn't give him a shot after the break near the end.

Ya but Wu stiffed a pretty easy shot on the 7 that would've ended the match , and that shot he missed wasn't that hard of a shot I thought he would make that 1 and at minimum keep control of the table ,

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only way he could have shot would leave an easy kick or jump.

i don't know about easy , he could have just pushed a little bit off that ball force the kick wasn't like the ball was hung in the pocket, the fact is most players take that shot and make it I was surprised he missed it

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anton Raga v Kaci

Raga takes 4-1 lead after Kaci scratches on break. Runs next rack for 5-1 lead.
Contrasting styles Raga shoots fast and loose while Kaci is slow and steady. :p

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
The only way he could have shot would leave an easy kick or jump.

Tough shot, tough push out. With the 1 sitting toward the top cushion like that he had to cut it really thin kicking off that side cushion to make it. Hard to judge that thin of a hit kicking at a ball.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Wu misses a 7-9 billiard, hangs the 9 in the corner pocket. Easy billiard for Raga to make it 3-2.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Instead of the cut break, Raga changes to the full hit on the 1 break with a little more power. He makes two balls, but has to push out. Wu plays a poor safety, and Raga runs out to go up 4-3.