Society Billiards in NYC -- taking over Broadway Billiards old space?

StevenPWaldon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know about this new Society Billiards place, that apparently is taking over the old Broadway Billiards space in NYC?

There's a placeholder website up now (www.societybilliards.com) as well as a Facebook page that says they're going to have Diamond Pro-Ams, but this is all the information I can find so far.

...anyone know anything that they can share publicly (or privately via PM)?

junior718

Skyline Billiard Club
Silver Member
I heard the most pro-amsterdam person in the world is gonna manage the place. I guess after this happens he wont be praising amsterdam anymore.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
I hope its 24 hours... and has disgusting bathrooms like broadway.

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I heard the most pro-amsterdam person in the world is gonna manage the place. I guess after this happens he wont be praising amsterdam anymore.

Amsterdam Billiards is, without a doubt, a model poolroom. This year, they will be celebrating their 20th anniversary which puts them in rather exclusive company, especially in New York City. I think it would be foolish for anyone in the pool industry to not praise such an accomplishment.

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know about this new Society Billiards place, that apparently is taking over the old Broadway Billiards space in NYC?

There's a placeholder website up now (www.societybilliards.com) as well as a Facebook page that says they're going to have Diamond Pro-Ams, but this is all the information I can find so far.

...anyone know anything that they can share publicly (or privately via PM)?

We've poured a lot of money into restoring it to exactly the way it was when it closed. We even asked Cleary to give table 3 back. Cleary? Are you there?

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
When you're ready, I love to hear more details. Having a couple of Diamond ProAms would definitely be welcomed. I look forward to seeing a pool hall re-open in Manhattan. In the last two years, poolhalls have closed left and right in New York City, and a couple are still up for sale.

Last edited:

junior718

Skyline Billiard Club
Silver Member
Amsterdam Billiards is, without a doubt, a model poolroom. This year, they will be celebrating their 20th anniversary which puts them in rather exclusive company, especially in New York City. I think it would be foolish for anyone in the pool industry to not praise such an accomplishment.

Depends on what your idea of a poolroom is. Yes they sucessful but not a place where someone who knows how to play enjoys to play at. Not just my opinion either.

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Facebook Fan Page was not created by us and was not entirely accurate. Fortunately, the person who created it is a friend of ours so we asked to be given admin rights. He graciously agreed. As is the case with any new business, there are plenty of tasks to be completed and for the time being, we'd like to disclose information when the timing is more ideal. I can say that we have painstakingly researched and reviewed every detail and are committed to acquiring the very best equipment the industry has to offer. You can be rest assurd, any information that we disclose will be posted in the azbilliards forums first. You can check back here for more details.

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
Please restore the bathroom exactly. If needed, I have a 360 degree photo you can use for reference.

One thing for sure, the new place will never recreate the interesting sour aroma that crept up on you.

Eric

Realizm

I love cocobolo cues.
Silver Member
So let me get this right Jude you reopened the old Broadway billiards ?
And your going to make it in a real poolroom ? Or will have just for league players with the big pockets .. ?
please put tables one and 2 back , love them tight pockets..
And please make the mens room bigger ,, (lol )
I'm a old Broadway Billiards player .
Aka you got action..

So was Jennifer B the pro player ...
Hope to stop in on my next trip to NYC..

Njhustler1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
please make mens room less smelly too. i always found it hard to play there with cotton balls stuffed up my nose.