New York City's Newest Poolroom - Society Billiards - Coming this Spring!

StevenPWaldon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can't wait for Society to open, Jude. I wish you and Society the best of luck in the years ahead. I look forward to playing there.

VKJ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is tremendous news for the pool world, NYC pool and everyone who loves or even just likes a game of pool now and then. Lastly it will get me back to playing the game I love! I haven't picked up my cue since "Turn The River" finished shooting. It will be great to see all the players I"ve
not seen in ages.

I'm beyond thrilled!!!

Thanks Jude to you and your team. In your very knowledgeable hands this is going to be wonderful as well as important and desperately needed.

ABC has always been and will always be a great room but having it be the only quality room in town was always a shame and a bit unbelivable. NYC very much needs another quality room.

I'm getting a very strong feeling the new Society Billiards will be a force in the NYC pool world and your experience and love of the game will be huge factors in that.

I wouldn't miss your opening for the world.

All the best,

JJ

Spade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
too bad no brunswicks. Diamonds are good but too affected by humidity. BOING :)
but nice to hear of a new room. We could use more

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
too bad no brunswicks. Diamonds are good but too affected by humidity. BOING :)
but nice to hear of a new room. We could use more

Trust me, it was a very difficult decision. Brunswick makes a great product and their new Crown V is gorgeous, probably the most elegant commercial table I've ever seen.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Trust me, it was a very difficult decision. Brunswick makes a great product and their new Crown V is gorgeous, probably the most elegant commercial table I've ever seen.

I think you made the right choice. There are enough Brunswicks in NYC area so you wont attract anyone for that reason. However there are a lot of Diamond lovers and you will surely draw some of them. As im thinking here, I dont know of any Diamonds in NYC.

ulikastr8pool

Registered
Diamonds is definitely the way to go. I don't know of any in NYC. I'm very excited that my old stomping grounds, Broadway Billiards, is not only going to reopen but be an upscale establishment. Is Mr. Choi going to work the counter late night?

HighEndCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jude,
As a room owner, I understand the bases your trying to cover. Going heads up in that part of town is an agressive task. Good Luck on your new venture. Diamonds are a great idea..
Best,
Ken Kerner

Last edited:

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For those of you that remember Broadway Billiards, this will be easy to picture -

The area that used to have a ping-pong table is going to be sectioned off with a half-wall and converted into what we're calling The Cork Room. This room is going to be our APA arena - equipped with three Diamond Smart Tables, Simonis Cloth, Super Aramith balls, stadium seating on the perimeter of the room and players' chairs for each table.

We're calling it The Cork Room because all the walls will be cork - that way, players will have a place to post information schedules, standings, teams looking for players, players looking for teams, etc. Unlike the rest of the room, the floor in The Cork Room will be wood, giving it a more bar-like feel.

We're also going to be opening up the tables in The Cork Room for our APA home teams on Friday nights from 6-9pm and likely charge a small fee for others who would like to take advantage of this.

TSW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For those of you that remember Broadway Billiards, this will be easy to picture -

The area that used to have a ping-pong table is going to be sectioned off with a half-wall and converted into what we're calling The Cork Room. This room is going to be our APA arena - equipped with three Diamond Smart Tables, Simonis Cloth, Super Aramith balls, stadium seating on the perimeter of the room and players' chairs for each table.

We're calling it The Cork Room because all the walls will be cork - that way, players will have a place to post information schedules, standings, teams looking for players, players looking for teams, etc. Unlike the rest of the room, the floor in The Cork Room will be wood, giving it a more bar-like feel.

We're also going to be opening up the tables in The Cork Room for our APA home teams on Friday nights from 6-9pm and likely charge a small fee for others who would like to take advantage of this.

Wow!! I can't wait to see this place!

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Please keep the netting in place, so APA crowd can be kept separate from the regulars. You can tell the APA captains its to keep the bangers away. :)

On a serious note, I predict those Diamond Smart Tables will become extremely popular right before Valley Forge. One complaint/excuse that kept coming up from NYC players , there aren't any Diamond bar tables in our area to practice on for Super Billiard Expo.

Last edited:

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please keep the netting in place, so APA crowd can be kept separate from the regulars. You can tell the APA captains its to keep the bangers away. :)

On a serious note, I predict those Diamond Smart Tables will become extremely popular right before Valley Forge. One complaint/excuse that kept coming up from NYC players , there aren't any Diamond bar tables in our area to practice on for Super Billiard Expo.

Well, although everyone on the Society Team routinely plays on 9-foot tables, all of us at one time were part of the APA. We're very familiar with the APA scene in New York and always thought it would be great to offer an ideal setting for it. When it came time to decide on how to utilize that space, a bar table arena just seemed like the way to go.

Of course, if it doesn't work, we can always get a mechanical bull and a few air hockey tables. ;)

Chris_Lynch

I play pool
Silver Member
Good luck to all of you involved with Society Billiards. I may work at a competing room but you are all still my friends. I will come by and say hello after you open. Take care.

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys,

I promised I would let you know more when the timing was more appropriate so here goes -

The tables will be arriving shortly. As stated, our full length tables will be Diamond Pro/Ams and the 3 bar box tables will be Diamond Smart tables. All tables will be made with cocobolo wood. They haven't arrived yet but the impression I'm under is that the tables will look something like this -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9l1GxOE5Yc

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Hey Jude, don't let us down.
Give us pro/ams, not goldcrowns.

Sorry haha