best place to post for cue identification

mustang69hm

Registered
Hey guys what forum should i post in when i'm trying to id a custom cue? It hits really nice is a 3/8 10 joint and is pretty solidly the same color wood but feels great. Has a long skinny weight bolt in it. Just can't recognize the name. I'm playing with it right now cause it hits 100 times nicer than my mcdermott.

Attachments

• P1210994.jpg
    P1210994.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 325

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here, the gallery, or the cuemaker's forum seem to get the best results for identifications.

One post will do, don't make multiples.....until one fails, then maybe try another area of the forums.

I don't know that signature, maybe somebody else will recognize it.

Any chance we can see the rest of the cue? We love cue pictures..... :D

cue fix

Will "MONSOON" & SEARING!
Silver Member
Maybe ake a picture of teh first name and then one of the second name. It is hard to tell from this angle. My first guess is Jerry Olivier

mustang69hm

Registered
ok i tried getting better pics i hope they turned out ok .... It looks to me like it says Terry OLS but could be ODS or who knows what also here is pic of whole thing the back half has same kind of wood and no points as above the wrap

Attachments

• CUEIDlast.jpg
    CUEIDlast.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 245
  • IDCUE.jpg
    IDCUE.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 248
  • Custom.jpg
    Custom.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 240

mustang69hm

Registered
Thank you all so much for the help with that, now I can decide whether to keep it or what. It seriously hits very nice.

12310bch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why would you need that info to decide whether to keep it or not? If you
need a cue and it hits seriously very nice, why not keep it? Isn't that the point?

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It"s definitely a Jerry Olivier, out of Texas btw. I have owned 2 of them, and bothly played exactly as you described this one,,,,seriously nice. I would expect no less from yours.

mustang69hm

Registered
need a cue and it hits seriously very nice, why not keep it? Isn't that the point?

only because i got in a tight spot and really need the cash right now and i paid a good bit less for it.

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member

Doesn't make sense does it? :confused:

If It I like the way that it plays and feels I wouldn't want to get rid of it based on the make.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He says he's in a tight spot. So it actually makes sense.

As long as he was happy either it and it played excellent for him he really didn't care who made it.

Now that the prospect of liquidating it comes up, simply because of need, the maker and hence the value would become important. Such information would then contribute to the decision to sell. I am sure that he is considering how much cash he needs in the decision as well, since that might determine if he would sell it or perhaps something else he is considering selling.

Makes perfect sense in the context of the premise of a couple of posters on the matter as well. He digs the cue. Probably does not want to sell unless he has to. Probably weighing all aspects in the decision.

Seems perfectly reasonable to me.

IA8baller

Family man.
Silver Member
He says he's in a tight spot. So it actually makes sense.

As long as he was happy either it and it played excellent for him he really didn't care who made it.

Now that the prospect of liquidating it comes up, simply because of need, the maker and hence the value would become important. Such information would then contribute to the decision to sell. I am sure that he is considering how much cash he needs in the decision as well, since that might determine if he would sell it or perhaps something else he is considering selling.

Makes perfect sense in the context of the premise of a couple of posters on the matter as well. He digs the cue. Probably does not want to sell unless he has to. Probably weighing all aspects in the decision.

Seems perfectly reasonable to me.

Great point.

Unfortunately he's not the first, and definitely won't be the last to sell a cue he loves due to financial situations. I sold my $1000.00 Carolina Custom a few years ago (along with everything else I had that was pool related) and at one point I SWORE I'd never part with that cue. It was the best hitting cue I had ever had in my hands up to that point, and was one heck of a nice looking cue as well.

Times can get hard for folks. Been there, done that. :(

Trevor

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That cue is not worth much on the secondary market. You would be best served to keep it and play with if it suits you!!!!