Current Top 5 in the World ? 9Ball

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
The first time we are aware of them playing was in June of 2017, in the China Open, when Joshua was 18. Filler won 11 - 4

In the next year's China open, Chang won 11 -7

Then at the US International 9-Ball Open this past Fall, Chang won again 11 - 5

Thanks for the info , Mike.

So, in there five matches we know of:

Chang 11 Filler 9
Filler 17 Chang 14
Filler 11 Chang 4
Chang 11 Filler 7
Chang 11 Filler 5

Total score Chang 51 Filler 49.

A hundred racks contested have proven practically nothing with these two very evenly matched players!

AkGuy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great list.

That is a great Top 5 list and had to argue with. Seems weird there is not a Pinoy in there, no Dennis or Carlo, for the money as some would say.

But, if Niels Feigen was in there as the 6th man and the group had a half dozen shoot outs, I am thinking he would get at least one of the over all wins. For me, it is really hard to ever count him out of a 9 Ball shoot out.

In there prime, how would Efren and Busty do against the Top 5?

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
That is a great Top 5 list and had to argue with. Seems weird there is not a Pinoy in there, no Dennis or Carlo, for the money as some would say.

But, if Niels Feigen was in there as the 6th man and the group had a half dozen shoot outs, I am thinking he would get at least one of the over all wins. For me, it is really hard to ever count him out of a 9 Ball shoot out.

I might well put Orcullo at number six. Biado is top ten, too. Eklent Kaci, Fedor Gorst and Liu Haitao are all threats to make the list soon enough.

Mich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I might well put Orcullo at number six. Biado is top ten, too. Eklent Kaci, Fedor Gorst and Liu Haitao are all threats to make the list soon enough.
I also like Little Ko as a comer.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I also like Little Ko as a comer.

At least when I've been watching, Ko Ping Chung's after the break skills are just fantastic, a hair better than Ko Pin Yi's, but his break comes and goes, and, in my estimation, it's all that holds him back from being one of the top few. If he had his brother's break, his ceiling would be very high.