How do I aim?

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoL7GHHHZ1g&feature=youtu.be

Can you tell how Im aiming,I do use systems.
2 are being used mostly in this video.

I will let you know what im not using.

No pivot ,No toi(not cjs),And No GHOSTBALL.
-------------------------------------------------------

Also would you pay to know?(Not selling anything just curious)

Warning im just a banger in the basement.(just a know body)

My son in the video was having fun listening to the music.
Just being a kid.:smile:

PS:I do miss and if I was selling something the only guarantee I can give you to make things work is,its all on you.(but I can give my directions)

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
It's very hard to tell from the angle and quality of the tape...very nice shooting, by the way. From what I can see, it looks almost exactly like TOI the way I shoot it...lots of stun and dead cueballs there...certainly not a lot of spin, but it's hard to see...

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Anthony,

Thanks for posting that. It's nice to put a face with a name.

You apear younger than I would have thought from your posts.

I think you are a bit more than just a 'banger'.

Can't tell what system other than HAMB & maybe fractional overlap.

What type cloth is on that table? It seemed slow or it might just be the 'quality' of the video.

Thanks again,

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
It's very hard to tell from the angle and quality of the tape...very nice shooting, by the way. From what I can see, it looks almost exactly like TOI the way I shoot it...lots of stun and dead cueballs there...certainly not a lot of spin, but it's hard to see...

Thanks!

I think once around 9 minutes in a hit a shot that was toi(deflecting the ball)I dont connect the balls in the way CJ does.He has open the doors to different possibilities which is great because the easiest thing in pool is to hit the ball short of the pocket.I used center and outside spin most of the time,some inside but not a lot.

I was more curious if anyone could tell how i was lining up the shots.
Mostly 2 ways.

Anthony

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Anthony,

Thanks for posting that. It's nice to put a face with a name.

You apear younger than I would have thought from your posts.

I think you are a bit more than just a 'banger'.

Can't tell what system other than HAMB & maybe fractional overlap.

What type cloth is on that table? It seemed slow or it might just be the 'quality' of the video.

Thanks again,

Rick how old did you think I was?Im almost 47,couple months away.Thank you though,:)I've hit more then million,the bad thing was I didnt pay attention for the first 500,000.I know fractional aiming but it has 3 sides.

Sorry for the bad quality,trying different effects with my video's.Btw my table is fast.(Simonis)

Anthony

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Rick how old did you think I was?Im almost 47,couple months away.Thank you though,:)I've hit more then million,the bad thing was I didnt pay attention for the first 500,000.I know fractional aiming but it has 3 sides.

Sorry for the bad quality,trying different effects with my video's.Btw my table is fast.(Simonis)

Anthony

I don't how old I thought you were. I did not put a number on it but your posts just seem to be from an older person.

I figured you'd have a fast table but it just did not look like it in the video.

I had a very good 2nd. half of my session with TOI today after I swithed to a Logo ball from the red circle. I'm not on the CTC/CTE level though. I'm using my perseption of the shot from an equal & opposite fractional overlap to the full hit side of the pocket. It was awesome at the end. I think I'll just stick with that unless CJ offers up something better.

Regards,

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
I don't how old I thought you were. I did not put a number on it but your posts just seem to be from an older person.

I figured you'd have a fast table but it just did not look like it in the video.

I had a very good 2nd. half of my session with TOI today after I swithed to a Logo ball from the red circle. I'm not on the CTC/CTE level though. I'm using my perseption of the shot from an equal & opposite fractional overlap to the full hit side of the pocket. It was awesome at the end. I think I'll just stick with that unless CJ offers up something better.

Regards,

You dont need to be.I like what spidey Dave said about pocketing balls.As long as it goes in the whole I dont give a sh!t.:smile:

Amen!

Anthony

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
You may want to ask "Spidey Dave" what he's been working on lately. ;)

You dont need to be.I like what spidey Dave said about pocketing balls.As long as it goes in the whole I dont give a sh!t.:smile:

Amen!

Anthony

Hey there Anthony, for some reason I thought you were in your "elderly years" as well, wow, was I mistaken - glad I wasn't the only one. :)

You have some physical inconsistencies going on and it's evident by your natural tendency to follow through to your right in your first shots. Then you follow through left suddenly {for a reason I couldn't identify}, then on the last shot you follow through straight down the line (maybe because the camera' there?) in a great finish/pose.

How close is your left foot to being parallel to the "line of your shot"? This may be an indication of your "left side" body alignment and how you could put yourself in a better position and maybe open up your body so you can follow through straight down the line, rather than how you're doing it now.

PS: You may want to ask "Spidey Dave" what he's been working on lately. ;)

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Hey there Anthony, for some reason I thought you were in your "elderly years" as well, wow, was I mistaken - glad I wasn't the only one. :)

You have some physical inconsistencies going on and it's evident by your natural tendency to follow through to your right in your first shots. Then you follow through left suddenly {for a reason I couldn't identify}, then on the last shot you follow through straight down the line (maybe because the camera' there?) in a great finish/pose.

How close is your left foot to being parallel to the "line of your shot"? This may be an indication of your "left side" body alignment and how you could put yourself in a better position and maybe open up your body so you can follow through straight down the line, rather than how you're doing it now.

PS: You may want to ask "Spidey Dave" what he's been working on lately. ;)

What your seeing is how I put side spin on a lot of my shots.Its something Ive done from the start.Its me, my style I know it looks strange but Im just interested in results.

Thanks for the advice.:smile:

Older

I must come off grouchy with my posting style.:D

Anthony

Last edited:

Mirza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks!

I think once around 9 minutes in a hit a shot that was toi(deflecting the ball)I dont connect the balls in the way CJ does.He has open the doors to different possibilities which is great because the easiest thing in pool is to hit the ball short of the pocket.I used center and outside spin most of the time,some inside but not a lot.

I was more curious if anyone could tell how i was lining up the shots.
Mostly 2 ways.

Anthony

ETE and ETC? :)

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Aiming systems are not the "magic bullet," You need the Magic Sword :)

What your seeing is how I put side spin on a lot of my shots.Its something Ive done from the start.Its me, my style I know it looks strange but Im just interested in results.

Thanks for the advice.:smile:

Older

I must come off grouchy with my posting style.:D

Anthony

Until you stop putting "side spin" on a lot of your shots pool will just be a guessing game. Judging spin on a "lot of shots" serves no positive purpose and is usually for a much deeper root problem. I would recommend you start with your stance/foot position to trace the root cause.

Aiming systems are not the "magic bullet" or even beneficial until someone has the basics down and can hit the cue ball consistently, to a point the size of a pin. At some point I'll elaborate on how the "Pinning Technique" is utilized, and for now, just think of hitting a precise spot on the cue ball. This will, as a result, keep your tip on target and not veering to one side or the other.

I have a training device (a giant sword)
GiantSword.png
that would "straighten" you up right away, it's results have been a "cut" above the rest. ;)

'The Game{and the Sword}are the Teacher' :thumbup:

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
Well,

imo he *is seeing lines* and connecting the contact points. So he has *some* reference points. And ............thousands of hours of hard work :)
The aligning itself is VERY consistant. To try to explain more would be more kind of *imagining*. Here you would need to be very near him, to really say what he s doing :) and then it would be still hard to know it exactly.

The stroke is repeatable-even if it s maybe not textbook. Still a good stroke.
Finally he s able to shoot whitey extremly often from point A to point B :D

like always- great shooting buddy,

lg
Ingo

Houstoer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I was at CJs this weekend taking a lesson and I'll attest to the fact that he saw flaws in what i was doing that I had no idea and that the sword did help to hit it home ! thanks again CJ for the powerful lesson now back to work then practice !! Ed

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Until you stop putting "side spin" on a lot of your shots pool will just be a guessing game. Judging spin on a "lot of shots" serves no positive purpose and is usually for a much deeper root problem.
I would recommend you start with your stance/foot position to trace the root cause.

Aiming systems are not the "magic bullet" or even beneficial until someone has the basics down and can hit the cue ball consistently, to a point the size of a pin. At some point I'll elaborate on how the "Pinning Technique" is utilized, and for now, just think of hitting a precise spot on the cue ball. This will, as a result, keep your tip on target and not veering to one side or the other.

I have a training device (a giant sword)
GiantSword.png
that would "straighten" you up right away, it's results have been a "cut" above the rest. ;)

'The Game{and the Sword}are the Teacher' :thumbup:
Just like deflection its all about connecting the balls and speed and we should only worry about results.;)

Earl said spin so I spin.
Do you see me missing somewhere..:rolleyes:

Thanks for advice once more though.:)

Here's Nick doing very much the same here,I just look more extreme doing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH6LlFIZZ8E&feature=youtu.be

Btw I have a problem with your TOI dvd.For someone who preaches it a lot I think your having trouble using it and running the table.Maybe you should try spinning more balls.;)

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Well,

imo he *is seeing lines* and connecting the contact points. So he has *some* reference points. And ............thousands of hours of hard work :)
The aligning itself is VERY consistant. To try to explain more would be more kind of *imagining*. Here you would need to be very near him, to really say what he s doing :) and then it would be still hard to know it exactly.

The stroke is repeatable-even if it s maybe not textbook. Still a good stroke.
Finally he s able to shoot whitey extremly often from point A to point B :D

like always- great shooting buddy,

lg
Ingo

You almost got bingo my friend.;)