All about Ra!

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
By now most of us know who Ra Hanna is and if not you should. He and Beau Runningen have been doing streaming reports from Mezz tour events and other pool tournament for some time now. In case you don't know, Ra is this handsome and robust tan man who has it all together and has proven to be an asset to any event he is part of.

That said, this past week was a breakthrough for him and our sport when he took center stage at the recently completed U.S. Open, serving as emcee of the festivities during the breaks between games of the televised matches on Day Three. Ra lit up the room, filled with 700 pool aficionados, and brought some high energy to the proceedings. The crowd loved him and got behind his whole schicht, having fun while we waited for the match to restart after the break. Those watching on television or DAZN didn't get to see Ra at his best, and they missed out on one of the best parts of the day.

I'm sure we will be seeing a lot more of Ra at future events put on by Matchroom and others. I just wanted to take a moment to acknowledge him publicly on here. I believe he posts on here, but I'm not sure under what name.

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
By now most of us know who Ra Hanna is and if not you should. He and Beau Runningen have been doing streaming reports from Mezz tour events and other pool tournament for some time now. In case you don't know, Ra is this handsome and robust tan man who has it all together and has proven to be an asset to any event he is part of.

That said, this past week was a breakthrough for him and our sport when he took center stage at the recently completed U.S. Open, serving as emcee of the festivities during the breaks between games of the televised matches on Day Three. Ra lit up the room, filled with 700 pool aficionados, and brought some high energy to the proceedings. The crowd loved him and got behind his whole schicht, having fun while we waited for the match to restart after the break. Those watching on television or DAZN didn't get to see Ra at his best, and they missed out on one of the best parts of the day.

I'm sure we will be seeing a lot more of Ra at future events put on by Matchroom and others. I just wanted to take a moment to acknowledge him publicly on here. I believe he posts on here, but I'm not sure under what name.
Agreed; Rah Rah Rah for Ra! Always dapper lookin’ and enthusiastic.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jay...Definitely agree! Ra has a "tan"? How can you tell? LMAO Ra is the man of the moment, for sure! Just to add to this, Ra & Beau also run a creative ad agency for pool aficionados called On The Wire! They are the go to guys for anything pool! I have hired them to represent us with the new SPF National Pool School Tour, which you'll be hearing a LOT more about very soon! :thumbup:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ra is the coolest cat you will ever meet, but ain't never seen him out working on his tan … LOL

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I dunno about this Ra....he’s spreading subversive information...

5CF657EF-F288-4E6B-B321-ACD764518973.jpeg

:)

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
The future of pool in the US has to include Ra Hanna.

Freddie <~~~ trying to ride the tails

Danimal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ra is the dude! Believe his account here is Post First

Last edited:

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve met the guy at one of these Mezz tournaments and he is good guy.

Glad to know he was doing the US Open or took part in it.

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The worst part of the stream was the cut always they did while the ref was racking or the players took breaks. I would have preferred to watch the rack! Now, knowing that Ra was doing his thing it’s even more disappointing to miss! That would have made the stream outstanding.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
By now most of us know who Ra Hanna is ...

Ra was shown in the audience many times on multiple days, and I always wondered why he wore a coat and tie to spectate. Your post certainly explains it! Thanks for adding a bit of info that we distant viewers could not see.

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ra was shown in the audience many times on multiple days, and I always wondered why he wore a coat and tie to spectate. Your post certainly explains it! Thanks for adding a bit of info that we distant viewers could not see.

I think he always dresses like that.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Every now and then, a cool pool photo comes along that one never forgets.

In Billiards Buzz of 2018, this photo of Chang Jung-Lin winning with Ra Hanna by his side really captures the the thrill if victory. Love this photo by Erwin Dionisio.

Attachments

• Chang Jung-lin with Ra Hanna.JPG
    Chang Jung-lin with Ra Hanna.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 276

FeelDaShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ra is great at interviews, introductions, and announcements. This is where he really excels with his high energy style which gets everyone pumped up and excited.

As a commentator he has room for improvement. The last stream of his I watched was the International Open streamed on fb live. It seemed like he was more focused on having people share and like his stream, and responding to chat room questions than actual providing good commentary.

He's great for the sport and Matchroom found where he fits in best. I'm sure we'll be seeing more of him in the future.