New rules for 10/9 ball

poolnut7879

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No more ball in hand.

No more pushing out.

You do not need to get a rail after contact.

Pocket scratches are cue ball behind the line.

If you can not see a ball you can call spot and have your opponent shoot
object ball on foot spot from anywhere behind the line.

If your opponent fouls you can shoot from where cue ball lays or call spot and shoot behind the line with object ball on foot spot.

What do you all think?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
You want pool to go back to the caveman days?
...those aren't new rules.

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
Didn't realize it was time for the yearly lets change the rules of rotation games thread. Must be mid July.

If you don't like rotation, play 1 pocket, straight pool, 8 ball, banks, or even better take up 3 cushion.

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No more ball in hand.

No more pushing out.

You do not need to get a rail after contact.

Pocket scratches are cue ball behind the line.

If you can not see a ball you can call spot and have your opponent shoot
object ball on foot spot from anywhere behind the line.

If your opponent fouls you can shoot from where cue ball lays or call spot and shoot behind the line with object ball on foot spot.

What do you all think?

You must like to play bar pool.

If it's a Tuesday, and the temperature is between 50-70 degrees, and you are wearing a yellow shirt but shoot at the orange ball...

Ekojasiloop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I actually do think we could use a new game. Ten ball isn't bad at all, but I personally am more intrigued when I see the entire rack in a rotation game.

How about three points per game, nine ball Texas express rules, the five ten and 15 are all worth a point.

pocono

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool

May as well go back forty some years,played these rules when I was a kid,they suck

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
IMO less rules are better rules. I think Ten Ball should be played with regular 9-Ball rules. It's still a much tougher game.
The rule makers (whoever these mysterious folks are) are trying to make every game look like Straight Pool. Look how that worked out for 14.1. It's pretty much disappeared from competition, except in a few places.

Last edited:

Gunn_Slinger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
2 foul pushout was ( and still is ) the best way to bet your cash! It was bad for tourneys
because it took so long. The original 'tournament rules' came from the Jansco Brothers
and Weenie Beenie around 69-70. They wanted to speed up tourney play
so the players could 'get to gamblin'!!
Those rules were in the BCA rule book as 'tournament 9 ball rules', right next to '9 ball rules' which were 2 foul pushout.
When I stopped playing in 1980, pushout was still being played.
I came back in 1989 to 1 foul rules, then texas express, and more and more
rule changes. When no one would play pushout, I went to 1 pocket.
Bank pool remains the least unchanged game, and is still a great game.
pushout forever

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Moderator question???????

Hey mod(s), why did most of this thread disappear? There were a lot of posts to it but almost all are gone.