What did I just buy?

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think it is from a builder of note...not sure. I will leave that to the experts on here to decide. It looks like a decent cue for the money if it is straight and plays good.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is not a Gracie cue, not sure what it is, but not a Gracio- points are way off for his work.

Stew_Pidaso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
McDermott

Is that not a McDermott logo just below the joint? I sure looks like their logo as well as on the case.

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is not a Gracie cue, not sure what it is, but not a Gracio- points are way off for his work.

I agree with this ^^^.. I'm pretty sure it's another SW knockoff made overseas.
$150 ain't too bad.. if it hits good, why not.

I have a rule.. no tequila while eBaying..:thumbup:

michael4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You guys are looking at the wrong cue. Ebay is re-directing you to an "active" item... Click on "View Original" at the top...

the seller said the cue is brand new, certainly the seller should know where he got it and/or who made it ?

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with this ^^^.. I'm pretty sure it's another SW knockoff made overseas.
$150 ain't too bad.. if it hits good, why not.

I have a rule.. no tequila while eBaying..:thumbup:

oh god... me too !! I was deep into a few GnT's and bid on a few knives that were way more than I would have normally bid :sorry:

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There was a batch of similar customesque cues with nice woods and that same pin on ebay maybe five months ago. I don't remember if they were shipping from overseas or being redistributed here, but they were pretty and solid-looking cues. I wanted to buy them all.

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is it straight?
Balance ok?
Wood is pretty enough.
You could have done worse for $150.
But yeah, those points are bad. (not in a good way) :cool:

In some ways, cues like that could be the new sneaky p's.
True sneakies have become common enough they don't automatically fool most people & their attention comes on. But a cut like that would set people off their guard, so if it shoots the way you like, don't worry about it. :smile:

(shoot lights out and everbody will want one)

smt

Last edited: