Mr 600

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Lou, That seems to be a personally prepared, signed, and notarized statement/affidavit by Arthur Todd attesting to the fact that he, and only he, personally witnessed Mosconi's run. The seal is likely the notary seal.

Jimmy, while I think you could read it that way, paying particular attention to the typed portion of the affidavit, I believe the side of the document with the signatures speaks for itself were it says, "This is to certify that on this date the undersigned witnessed Willie Mosconi make a run of 526 on a 4 x 8 Brunswick pocket billiard table in the East High Billiard Club in Springfield, Ohio."

Lou Figueroa

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
Jimmy, while I think you could read it that way, paying particular attention to the typed portion of the affidavit, I believe the side of the document with the signatures speaks for itself were it says, "This is to certify that on this date the undersigned witnessed Willie Mosconi make a run of 526 on a 4 x 8 Brunswick pocket billiard table in the East High Billiard Club in Springfield, Ohio."

Lou Figueroa

Although attached and related, they are actually two separate documents. If you read Mr. Todd's statement, it clearly states that he was "personally present" and "personally observed"...he cannot credibly state what others saw.

A notary only acknowledges the signing of the document, not the act itself.

Last edited:

Balls

Big Brass Balls
Silver Member
Are you folks Russians?

Balls has repeatedly reminded everyone that filling such paperwork attesting to a lie is grounds for legal action. The only reason to do that over and over and over again is to imply that you think they are lying. All of them. John, his wife, all the signees of the affidavit, the bca and John's sponsor.

He has been p**sy footing around actually calling them liars outright. He should just man up and do it already.

He's a troll and a shill. He's clearly playing a troll game. "Your shot!". Give me a break. He claims he needs to be working on his next awesome project to save pool yet here he is playing troll games.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

It seems you have decided that they all lied. don't look to me to back you up on that.

There is no evidence to work with, but hey, we can push out.

On a side note. I really find it odd that as Americans, you don't understand a notary. Are you folks Russians?

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Although attached and related, they are to be two separate documents. If you read Mr. Todd's statement, it clearly states that he was "personally present" and "personally observed"...he cannot credibly state what others saw.

A notary only acknowledges the signing of the document, not the act itself.

Well, I would have to disagree with that.

Todd was one of the signatories on the other side. He was in the audience with the others, so IMO he could credibly attest to the presence of the others in the room that night. Also consider that it is likely that the majority in that room that night were regular habitués of the East High and known to each other. Lastly, as an attorney, I believe that if Todd were to represent to a court that he prepared the affidavit and was witness to the sworn signatures he would prevail.

Lou Figueroa

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
The legal expertise rivals the physics expertise around here.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
Well, I would have to disagree with that.

Todd was one of the signatories on the other side. He was in the audience with the others, so IMO he could credibly attest to the presence of the others in the room that night. Also consider that it is likely that the majority in that room that night were regular habitués of the East High and known to each other. Lastly, as an attorney, I believe that if Todd were to represent to a court that he prepared the affidavit and was witness to the sworn signatures he would prevail.

Lou Figueroa

Disagree with what, his own words?

Yes, he could attest to the presence of those he knew or saw, but in his statement...he didn't.

I'm not, in the slightest, arguing that Mosconi did not run the 526, in fact, I believe that he did. I'm only discussing the content and meaning of the document, and yes, if needed, Mr Todd would be a very credible witness.

There's nothing more of substance to add.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... He prepared the affidavit and it appears to have an official seal of some sort, which probably means it was filed with a court or at east notarized. ...
The Smithsonian has a much better scan than the Flickr image referenced. The embossed seal says: "CLARK COUNTY [O]HIO NOTARIAL SEAL". (The O is not well struck.) By the seal is a signature and a stamp:

CropperCapture[384].png

If anyone would like a high-resolution print of both sides of Mosconi's affidavit, I'd be glad to sell you one. Send me a PM.

erhino41

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It seems you have decided that they all lied. don't look to me to back you up on that.

There is no evidence to work with, but hey, we can push out.

On a side note. I really find it odd that as Americans, you don't understand a notary. Are you folks Russians?
Nowhere, in anything that I have written, did I imply anyone was lying about any of this. That's pretty much all you have done. Well that and call him an America hating drug user. But other than that not much.

To be certain, I'm sure that you are an unintelligent person who is incapable of reading or you are simply the trolliest troll ever and are feigning stupidity simply for your own amusement.

I believe john broke this record and have absolutely no reason to doubt anyone who is actually involved in this matter.

I still don't understand why the hell you care so much about this.
Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Can u believe my doubt?

I honestly can't believe your doubt. It was taped. People have watched the tape and verified it. Do you really think they are so organized that they got all those people plus everyone else who wandered in and out of the place plus the camera guy and the guys who watched the tape in on this elaborate scam yet they can't manage to get the video ready for release in less than 6 weeks.

Maybe the team that faked the moon landing took time out from their planning the 50th anniversary celebration to help pull this off?

Beware of people who start their thread with the word honestly and then follow up with doubt (asking questions and as to dance around the truth). If u care so little bout this then why have u made so many posts supporting their claim? I have but one question for u logical, when u stated 'People have watched the tape' did u mean the bca bureaucrats or the people who are apart of his new cue sponsorship? I think it's a bit laughable how logic starts comparing the posters here on az to conspiracy theorists just cause we reserve the right to believe it until we actually see it. There is no wax on that towel - oh well maybe just a little. Only a damn fool puppet believes everything they hear.

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
nope

So, is the video available yet?

No,only the govt bureaucrats are privileged enough to view it Straight Pool. Either that or they need more time to doctor the phony video production. Such a shame with all the fake news and their weird experiments they try on society. I say move em all off to an island and call it coward fake news island.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Disagree with what, his own words?

Yes, he could attest to the presence of those he knew or saw, but in his statement...he didn't.

I'm not, in the slightest, arguing that Mosconi did not run the 526, in fact, I believe that he did. I'm only discussing the content and meaning of the document, and yes, if needed, Mr Todd would be a very credible witness.

There's nothing more of substance to add.

er, I disagree with the part where you said, "...he cannot credibly state what others saw."

I think he has a ton of credibility as to what others saw that night, as an attorney, a fan, an audience member, and most likely a regular at East High who knew many if not most of the regulars.

Lou Figueroa

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
his wife posted this on july 6:

"We will find a way to let people see it... ASAP.
First it needs to get all its accreditation’s in order.
(First things first).
We are waiting on the media ‘write up’ from source one, which needs to go into the hands of source 2. From there it will be part of media history.
After those hurdles are done, it is up to the powers that be to promote it in a proper fashion (so that John is respected and rewarded).
Patience is needed until we can format it’s future.
After all... pool people have waited 65 years for this... what’s a few months of careful preservation in comparison to that ��"

oh ha the powers that be (govt bureaucrats), what a crock.

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
a smart post

No one is butt hurt. Your perspective is just as wrong as other's opinions that this was a remarkable attempt at a gold ring hanging in free-air. Just throw some balls on the table and run them off until you reach some preset goal of your own, thereby using your own very variable process to assure that you would eventually reach the ring. There is a correct process to be followed if you or anyone else is going to attempt to increase the 14.1 Straight Pool high run record. Not this BS attempt. Don't continue to expect knowledgeable people to just roll over and play dead.

I agree with this.

Balls

Big Brass Balls
Silver Member
If you don't understand it then I don't think you would understand it.

Nowhere, in anything that I have written, did I imply anyone was lying about any of this. That's pretty much all you have done. Well that and call him an America hating drug user. But other than that not much.

To be certain, I'm sure that you are an unintelligent person who is incapable of reading or you are simply the trolliest troll ever and are feigning stupidity simply for your own amusement.

I believe john broke this record and have absolutely no reason to doubt anyone who is actually involved in this matter.

I still don't understand why the hell you care so much about this.
Sent from my flip phone

America Hating? Really? Did that slip because you hate America? Are you tired of loosing to America? Is it really as cold as they say in Russian during the winters?

Anyways...
If you don't understand it then I don't think you would understand it.

(hope you struggle with the word "it" comrade)

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
er, I disagree with the part where you said, "...he cannot credibly state what others saw."

I think he has a ton of credibility as to what others saw that night, as an attorney, a fan, an audience member, and most likely a regular at East High who knew many if not most of the regulars.

Lou Figueroa

"Eye witness" testimony, if unshakeable, can certainly be extremely significant, but only the person with the "eyes" can give first hand testimony as to what they saw.

Sure, Todd can state who he saw, when, and what he saw them doing, but once he claims that he was "eye witnessing" the thirty some odd persons in the audience for the entire several hour run, he automatically discredits his own "eye witness" testimony that he saw the entire run...one cannot watch both the entire audience and the run at the same time.

Only being an attorney adds to his credibility, the other items you mention are as irrelevant to the issue of his credibility as what he had for dinner.

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Geez, a lot of controversy over what (in the end) is really a ‘non-issue’. Since only a minuscule percentage of the population cares, or even remembers what straight pool IS, let alone any related records/events, it seems a rather poor subject for intentional deception (?). That number might have been important to John, since it apparently wrapped up his struggle, but I don’t think those official details are why serious 14.1 enthusiasts are waiting with ‘bated breath’ to buy the video.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
hmm

It's a lot less fun making fun of someone when they don't understand it's happening.

Dear logic, u do not find this statement to be something an internet bully would say? No I don't have u confused with anyone else - I read ur character real well with that statement. Be careful pokin yer 'fun' in my direction. Plus do not assume to paint us as conspiracy theorists (broad brush) just because we want to see the (un edited) video footage. John or Andy whatever his name truly is - himself called a few posters out (demanding video proof) when they claimed to have run many racks when he used to be an active member her on az. So it's not way off the grid as u tried so hard to portray that we would in fact want to see the tape of their conjunctive claim. I am getting to the point where I no longer believe in any of the records without un edited video proof (euphemia or Mosconi). Back in Mosconi's day they would not let Murphy or Evans compete in the World 14.1 due to the color of their skin, so I know there was rampant corruption even back then.

Also as an interesting side note one of the posters in the 14.1 section got caught producing a phony run, in his avatar he had a picture of him standin' right next to his hero. Ahh juicy fruit.

Last edited: