Gold Crown Barn Find

realkingcobra

Silver Member
What occurs when torquing a dry bolt to spec is that it galled the metal and makes it difficult to both remove and reinstall! It has been mentioned some where on azb about using oil and was said that, you probably wouldn’t want to do that around a pool table! However some type of dry lube would do 2 things, allow for proper torque and easy removal when it come time for disassembly! Now someone is going to ask just what could be recommended to do that with out making a mess especially around a table with cloth! And to that I would say is search out the alternatives for a dry lube!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bar soap works wonders, but what's even better, is to stop using impact drills to install the rail bolts. I consider ANYONE using an impact drill to be a hack!

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep, sorry. Triangle rack holder for a GC 1

"That Dude" … I took mine off of my table because using the stock one allows people to bash the rack into your newly painted table. I would forgo the rack holder if I were you.

Last edited:

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Raffster … I took mine off of my table because using the stock one allows people to bash the rack into your newly painted table. I would forgo the rack holder if I were you.

My rack is on my table so there are no issues.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My painter picked up the aprons last night and will be shooting them today. Pics to follow. He guaranteed a smooth finish. Fingers crossed!

rikdee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My painter picked up the aprons last night and will be shooting them today. Pics to follow. He guaranteed a smooth finish. Fingers crossed!

While you are going to the limits on the restore, ensure you place the small wooden blocks on the flange end of the short plastic skirts where they attach to the bottom of the ball storage box. This is specified on page 12 of the GC service manual.
I used balsa wood to hand shape each block so as to fit the contour of the molded plastic flange - each side may slightly differ in profile. Then I center drilled each block to accept the #8 x 1 3/4" rd. hd. wood screw used to firmly attach to bottom of the box.
Once properly installed with the O.E. anchor straps, the entire skirt system is actually quite rigid as it pulls againt the bottom edges of the wooden aprons and, of course, gives the table the fininshed look as designed.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
While you are going to the limits on the restore, ensure you place the small wooden blocks on the flange end of the short plastic skirts where they attach to the bottom of the ball storage box. This is specified on page 12 of the GC service manual.
I used balsa wood to hand shape each block so as to fit the contour of the molded plastic flange - each side may slightly differ in profile. Then I center drilled each block to accept the #8 x 1 3/4" rd. hd. wood screw used to firmly attach to bottom of the box.
Once properly installed with the O.E. anchor straps, the entire skirt system is actually quite rigid as it pulls againt the bottom edges of the wooden aprons and, of course, gives the table the fininshed look as designed.

Thanks for the info.

Do you happen to have a PDF of this page or better yet, a link to the Service Manual?

rikdee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the info.

Do you happen to have a PDF of this page or better yet, a link to the Service Manual?

A copy is available (or at least it used to be) on the Chicago Billiard Museum site, just run through the menu to find the doc. Or, I think Trent may have posted a copy of the manaul; he did for several other models not long ago.

Last edited:

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A copy is available (or at least it used to be) on the Chicago Billiard Museum site, just run through the menu to find the doc. Or, I think Trent may have posted a copy of the manaul; he did for several other models not long ago.

The link I had for the Chicago Billiard Museum doesn’t work.

I printed what Trent posted but it was the Parts Manual, not the Service Manual. I’ll check again to see if I missed the Service Manual.

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Awhile back, trentfromtoledo posted links to all of the modern Brunswick table manuals here on AZ

rikdee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The link I had for the Chicago Billiard Museum doesn’t work.

I printed what Trent posted but it was the Parts Manual, not the Service Manual. I’ll check again to see if I missed the Service Manual.

As an original copy, the service manual also included parts / fastener descriptions within the body of its text.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Awhile back, trentfromtoledo posted links to all of the modern Brunswick table manuals here on AZ

Here is Trent's thread. This is simply the parts service manual and not the complete service manual. There are no pages dedicated to the aprons/skirts.

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=486279

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ordered from Ken! I should have the Service Manual later this week.

Thanks for the info!