Attachments

• web-slide-for-ob-chalk.jpg
    web-slide-for-ob-chalk.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 1,918
Last edited:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe it's from the Republic of Crimea........it could be their way of protesting against the other chalk brand from that region of the world.........I mean their country was recently invaded by Putin.

Let the chalk wars begin.......this is gonna get like the longest distance claims of golf ball manufacturers......my ball goes the longest.......chalk once on Friday and play til Saturday.

Daryle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Used most brands and have no loyalty as they all do the same thing. Although some blue the shaft less.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just wait until cue makers figure out how force you to use " their " chalk just like Apple and Verizon does with different stuff!!! Lol - hope I didn't give anyone any bright ideas 😠

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe it's from the Republic of Crimea........it could be their way of protesting against the other chalk brand from that region of the world.........I mean their country was recently invaded by Putin.

Let the chalk wars begin.......this is gonna get like the longest distance claims of golf ball manufacturers......my ball goes the longest.......chalk once on Friday and play til Saturday.

Haha, Ukrainian Magic chalk by OB. Chalk wars indeed.

M.G.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wasn't some OB member reading this forum?
Could you provide more insight? Or even have the stupid (sorry :eek: ) description changed?

BlueDiamond / Magic Chalk did a different formula with the same texture with great success.
Kamui did a whole different texture (creamy) with great success.

So, where does OB chalk come in? What's it trying to do differently or solve?
The description on the page is very, very weak.

Really looking forward to new insights :thumbup:

Cheers,
M

Last edited:

shanesinnott

Follow Through
Silver Member
Thank you for the questions everyone.

It has become far too common for companies in our industry to come out with a new product or an improved version of an existing product and then make outlandish claims that they can't back up. We have never done that with any of our products and are not planning on doing it with our chalk.

We spent the last year working directly with a new chalk manufacturer in China to come up with a chalk that would be considered by players to be a premium chalk. Something that players would try and hopefully perceive as being as good or better than many of the other premium chalk brands on the market.

We have had several players in the Dallas area test the chalk over the last 6 months and the feedback we have gotten from them has been great. Many players have compared it to Blue Diamond which I am personally a big fan of.

I just sent Dr Dave a PM to ask him to test it so hopefully he will be up for that and if so, we can send him some to test.

We are not trying to reinvent the wheel and we are not claiming to have the best chalk in the industry. However, we do believe that it will rank quite highly and will give players one additional choice in the chalk brand that they choose to use (which is always a good thing). We are first and foremost a pool cue manufacturer and that will always be our main focus but fans of our products have asked us for chalk for years now so we felt it was time to deliver.

Let me know if any of you have any questions and I will do my best to answer them.

Last edited:

showme87

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Excellent reply from a good company. The negative posts before trying the products speaks volumes about attitude. Thanks for keeping in real Shane. I myself prefer magic chalk but blue diamond is a close second. I will be ordering some and hope it's great !

shanesinnott

Follow Through
Silver Member
Excellent reply from a good company. The negative posts before trying the products speaks volumes about attitude. Thanks for keeping in real Shane. I myself prefer magic chalk but blue diamond is a close second. I will be ordering some and hope it's great !

Appreciate that, thanks.

FYI, I did hear back from Dr Dave and we are sending him some chalk out today for testing and then he will add his results to his website.

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The verdict is already out on this.
Whether it's American, Russian, Korean, Japanese or something else chalk:

1. If you chalk after every shot it doesn't matter what you use.

2. If you chalk every ten shots it matters what chalk you use.
Ten is just a random number.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The verdict is already out on this.
Whether it's American, Russian, Korean, Japanese or something else chalk:

1. If you chalk after every shot it doesn't matter what you use.

2. If you chalk every ten shots it matters what chalk you use.
Ten is just a random number.

When you say "it doesn't matter" what you mean is that it doesn't affect miscues or amount of english, I assume. But what does matter is how messy that chalk is and how much it sticks to the cue ball, and in that respect, the more expensive chalks like Kamui are worse.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's about the same price as Blue Diamond or Magic chalk ($7 for two). Master's is cheaper ($3 for a dozen) and Kamui is more expensive ($25 for one cube).

M.G.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Appreciate that, thanks.

FYI, I did hear back from Dr Dave and we are sending him some chalk out today for testing and then he will add his results to his website.

Thank you, too, sir. This kind of behaviour rates very highly on my "what to buy" scale.
I do hope my post was not conceived as being impolite.

While I'm completely overstocked on chalk and it will last me forever (2 Magic and 1 Blue Diamond) I somehow still like to try new ones :) Whatever I do not like I give away and let other enjoy it.

Cheers,
M

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
It has become far too common for companies in our industry to come out with a new product or an improved version of an existing product and then make outlandish claims that they can't back up. We have never done that with any of our products and are not planning on doing it with our chalk.
I love that answer!!!!! :thumbup:
I'm looking forward to using the chalk!