Food

ososlow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you think its necessary to have a full menu (burgers, sandwiches, wraps, etc..)If your poolroom has a full bar, frozen pizzas, some deep fried items? Or is it not worth the cost and payroll?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Minimum

Do you think its necessary to have a full menu (burgers, sandwiches, wraps, etc..)If your poolroom has a full bar, frozen pizzas, some deep fried items? Or is it not worth the cost and payroll?

Keep a streamlined menu that is fast and easy to serve.

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member

It all depends on who your target audience is. If it is pool players only, burger, wings, fries, etc. are sufficient. When our room reopened three years ago, that was pretty much all we served. A year ago we received our full liquor license. With that change, we also expanded our menu to include Chicken Alfredo, Spaghetti and meat balls, a variety of black angus burgers, greens and beans, a variety of grilled chicken breast plates, multiple soups and chili. All freshly prepared in house by our chef. As we are located in Rochester, NY, we also serve our version of what has become known nationally as a "garbage plate". Since the changeover, we now attract locals who stop in strictly for the food and drink. Don't be myopic!

Lyn

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Only do what is profitable. Do it only if you have a market to sell food and turn a profit. If it can realistically lead to growth, then go for it.

We have a limited menu, but it is flexible. We have a core of menu items, lots of snacks, but also make specials. Here I cannot justify the added expense and effort involved in serving a full menu. We make better profit on pool, drinks and snacks which we sell a lot of. Out room is run by one employee and going bigger on food would not necessarily increase profits when you add another employee, equipment and food costs.

It really depends on your local market and the potential there is to grow.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Keep the food simple. Try to avoid dealing with local health depts. if at all possible. Microwaveable stuff, chips, etc are the easiest. For tournaments get a local outfit to cater a buffet or bbq, etc.

fan-tum

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't buy or use Microwaves unless they have a turntable.

Or else you'll have food that might be cold on one side..hot on the other. If you don't believe me, crack an egg and cook it for a minute or so.

Robert.Beak

Registered
A complete menu is not needed. There are plenty of snacks. It's hard to run a bar, and a big financial loss is possible. Although everything is relative.:D One does not interfere with the other. If you think it over correctly, come up with your own presentation style. Perhaps everything will be unique and people will come for this.