Wayne Norcross

Baby Huey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wayne Norcross passed away last week. He was a well respected 14.1 player from the Orange County area for many decades. Wayne was a fixture in local events and taught 14.1 to many a player from the region. Orignally from Pennsylvania, Wayne relocated to the Soutnern California area in the 1960's. His knowledge and contributions to the game will be greatly missed.

AuntyDan

/* Insert skill here */
Silver Member
Thanks for letting us know. Wayne helped me out a lot back when he was the house man at Danny K's. He was a great guy and a great player.

JohnnyP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As far as I know, Wayne didn't post. He shot pool. :)

Very sorry to hear he has died.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
RIP Wayne.
He's up there sparring with Mosconi again .

Wayne played in world straight pool championship at Stardust Hotel.
He got on the money was eliminated by Lou Butera .

Last edited:

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Sorry to hear this. I really enjoyed his stories of 14.1 matches against some of the greats.

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is bad news. I have t see. Wayne in over 10 years but enjoyed him the few times I was at Danny Kaye’s.

Great guy and a pretty good player.......

RIP

Mark Griffin

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sad news. He was a likable upstanding man as I knew him from his days as a tournament director. I had heard he was ill.

GoPlayPool

Search. Find. Play.
Gold Member
Silver Member
RIP my friend

Wayne Norcross was a fantastic pool player and his specialty was 14.1 of course!
Over the years knowing him from 1996 to about 2006, he had told me numerous stories about Mosconi and Butera and how he competed with them and likes of them in the 70's.
He was the tournament director at Danny K's for over a decade and a great sparring partner at the same time.
His slip stroke was unmatched and I've been to many events myself and looked for it and can't find it.
Calvin Coker in Orange County was his sparring partner, competitor and friend in the earlier years.

I am not a world beater but I credit most of my knowledge and patterns in any game to Mr.Norcross.

Rest in peace my friend. I know you are getting the score settled with Mosconi finally. Get it done!
We'll see you on the flip side!
-Ramin

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Yes sir, he will be missed.

Wayne Norcross was a fantastic pool player and his specialty was 14.1 of course!
Over the years knowing him from 1996 to about 2006, he had told me numerous stories about Mosconi and Butera and how he competed with them and likes of them in the 70's.
He was the tournament director at Danny K's for over a decade and a great sparring partner at the same time.
His slip stroke was unmatched and I've been to many events myself and looked for it and can't find it.
Calvin Coker in Orange County was his sparring partner, competitor and friend in the earlier years.

I am not a world beater but I credit most of my knowledge and patterns in any game to Mr.Norcross.

Rest in peace my friend. I know you are getting the score settled with Mosconi finally. Get it done!
We'll see you on the flip side!
-Ramin
I remember all of the hickey pool games and tourneys he realized there at Danny is, he was a good guy.

Jaden