The wild six

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Never played on a good 6x12 so I dont know about that I have played on many 5x10s. We used to play cheap a dime to quarter a point. 100 point freeze out. We were poor college kids. I could run a 100 on the 6 banking it.
Do you guys have any wild 6 stories?

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Never played on a good 6x12 so I dont know about that I have played on many 5x10s. We used to play cheap a dime to quarter a point. 100 point freeze out. We were poor college kids. I could run a 100 on the 6 banking it.
Do you guys have any wild 6 stories?
I think it is quite likely that none of the top 100 players in the world has ever heard of the wild pink.

(The wild pink (six) is a rule that permits you to play the pink at any time without having potted a red. If you pot it you get six points but if you miss it you lose six.)

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it is quite likely that none of the top 100 players in the world has ever heard of the wild pink.

(The wild pink (six) is a rule that permits you to play the pink at any time without having potted a red. If you pot it you get six points but if you miss it you lose six.)

I know what you mean but it is probably more likely that none of those top 100 frequent here;)

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey alphadog - I don’t have any “wild stories” per se about the wild six play option (haven’t heard it for decades) but I do vividly remember playing this snooker variant when I was a wee lad in SD learning and playing snooker with the pool hall owner’s son at the time - and I loved it.

What was somewhat “wild” I recall was when I was playing (Jason) and he missed that beautiful pink, he would freeze in place (his nasty worn work boots and jeans tucked into them) and whistle softly and then mutter a few expletives in a run on sentence - because his pop (owner: Elmer) would give him the stink eye if he ever heard him cuss out loud. It was funny as hell!!!! A rascal this Jason was - and as a young kid playing this “new” fun snooker game while my father played a few tables down was not only a lesson in snooker mastery but humorous and unforgettable.

Thanks for the memory jogger on the Wild Six.

Let’s play sometime.

~ K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drsnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Doesn't this turn in something like billiards, where somebody can just make the pink over and over. For billiards they made the rule that you can only make the ball of the black spot a certain number of times, but it's spotted on the blue.

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not that many folks can repeatedly pocket the pink 6-point ball on a snooker table, dr - let alone get position for the next red if off line a tad - plus, this is why it’s called “wild six” to add dimensions of risk and a new challenge for playing “the same game”. New strokes for diff folks you could say. Like the myriad ways to play 8-Ball or 9-Ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: