Things That Make You Go Hmm !

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rod Studd Darts Commentator Tweet via Snookerbacker.....

https://twitter.com/Rod_Studd/statu...rbacker&ref_url=http://www.snookerbacker.com/ :

Rod Studd

@Rod_Studd
Follow Follow @Rod_Studd
MoreRod Studd Retweeted Rod Studd
The Ali Carter incident v Higgins is exactly the kind of scenario I outlined. A player can apparently say “I call fouls on myself so I’m not accepting your decision” to a ref. That’s patently ludicrous. The ref is there to ref. Calling fouls on yourself is like walking in cricketRod Studd added,
Rod Studd

@Rod_Studd
Jack Lisowski calling a push shot foul on himself raises the age old sporting ethics debate. If he’s wrongly called for a foul, does today’s honesty mean he can vociferously demand that injustice is overturned? Is a foul only a foul if the referee sees it? @davehendon @fouldsy147
3:06 pm - 16 Jan 2020 From Lower Denby, England
36 LikesLawlerKevSam KMJohn McGloneJDjonty smithCameron WoodAdam BeaumontF.W. WoolworthAidan Leahy
12 replies .0 retweets36 likes
Reply 12 Retweet Like 36

Shinagh

@vinfox
2h2 hours ago
More
Replying to @Rod_Studd
What I didn't like there is Carter was a intimidating. Normal reaction would be "really? You sure? I think I hit the yellow there". Not to just go "I hit it" and head back to his seat. Intentionally forced her hand. Out of order and he wouldn't have done it to Moore for example.

0 replies .0 retweets1 like
Reply Retweet Like 1
New conversation

Colin Richardson

@Colinricko
2h2 hours ago
More
Replying to @Rod_Studd
And more cricketers should walk

2 replies .0 retweets1 like
Reply 2 Retweet Like 1

Rod Studd

@Rod_Studd
2h2 hours ago
More
Why? What should they do if they’re wrongly given out then?

1 reply .0 retweets0 likes
Reply 1 Retweet Like
1 more reply

JA

@Wallballiii
2h2 hours ago
More
Replying to @Rod_Studd
It's getting worse!

0 replies .0 retweets0 likes
Reply Retweet Like

David Edmond

@MisterEStrange
2h2 hours ago
More
Replying to @Rod_Studd
Players protest their innocence after hacking someone’s legs off in football. Just because they actually call fouls on themselves in snooker doesn’t mean they have any more right to overturn the ref

Reply Retweet Like

Chris Wood

@chriswood777
2h2 hours ago
More
Replying to @Rod_Studd
I’m away for work at the moment so missing the action, such a shame for this to be affecting snooker. I always loved how the game was conducted, so much better than other sports.

Reply Retweet Like

Gareth

@romfordslim1477
2h2 hours ago
More
Replying to @Rod_Studd
Rod if ive fouled when i play snooker ive always told ref or the player ive fouled if they havent seen it

Reply Retweet Like

Kieren Rees

@kieren_rees
2h2 hours ago
More
Replying to @Rod_Studd
Just seen it and he didn’t hit it on the way up or the way back down again. The referee should have stuck with her decision which was correct. Unbelievable that he can turn around to the referee and say I’m not accepting your decision.

Reply Retweet Like

Aaron Bower

Verified account

@AaronBower
2h2 hours ago
More
Replying to @Rod_Studd
Just seen that - absolutely outrageous. Carter should be sanctioned for that. You can't just tell the referee 'you're wrong', otherwise there'd be nobody left to enforce the rules!

Reply Retweet Like

Matthew Townsley

@TigerTowns88
1h1 hour ago
More
Replying to @Rod_Studd
Where's VAR when u need it

Reply Retweet Like

philip whitehurst

@halliwell_jones
8m8 minutes ago
More
Replying to @Rod_Studd
Would he have done it to a male ref..and would a male ref have overturned his decision so quickly..

Reply Retweet Like
New conversation

Robert Blakeley

@RJBlakeley
2h2 hours ago
More
Replying to @Rod_Studd
That’s what happened in our pool league home player called a foul on himself and the home ref disagreed with him ended arguing with each other and conceded the game and he quit the team

Reply 1 Retweet Like
1 more reply

F.W. Woolworth

@moshirisboys
2h2 hours ago
More
Replying to @Rod_Studd
@Eurosport_UK not a mention of carters cheating ,@ronnieo147 @fouldsy147 a pair of wimps..

ohn Higgins vs Ali Carter Q/F ᴴᴰ Dafabet Masters 2020 (Full Match ★ Short Form) session-1 :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28bTwDwYnig

John Higgins vs Ali Carter Q/F ᴴᴰ Dafabet Masters 2020 (Full Match ★ Short Form) session-2

I picked a fine time to take my eye off the TV , heard John Virgo , turned to the TV and it was all over but must be John Higgins V Ali Carter Session 2 at the Masters 2020 at 29m .11secs into the video .

I can't offer an opinion as I took my eye off the TV screen and the short frame commentary doesn't offer much but it didn't look like Ali hit the yellow but said to the referee he did .

What's your opinion dudes ?

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John Higgins V Ali Carter Session 2 short format Yellow ball incident 21M.11Secs..

https://twitter.com/Rod_Studd/statu...rbacker&ref_url=http://www.snookerbacker.com/ :

Rod Studd

@Rod_Studd
Follow Follow @Rod_Studd
MoreRod Studd Retweeted Rod Studd
The Ali Carter incident v Higgins is exactly the kind of scenario I outlined. A player can apparently say “I call fouls on myself so I’m not accepting your decision” to a ref. That’s patently ludicrous. The ref is there to ref. Calling fouls on yourself is like walking in cricketRod Studd added,
Rod Studd

@Rod_Studd
Jack Lisowski calling a push shot foul on himself raises the age old sporting ethics debate. If he’s wrongly called for a foul, does today’s honesty mean he can vociferously demand that injustice is overturned? Is a foul only a foul if the referee sees it? @davehendon @fouldsy147
3:06 pm - 16 Jan 2020 From Lower Denby, England
36 LikesLawlerKevSam KMJohn McGloneJDjonty smithCameron WoodAdam BeaumontF.W. WoolworthAidan Leahy
12 replies .0 retweets36 likes
Reply 12 Retweet Like 36

Shinagh

@vinfox
2h2 hours ago
More
Replying to @Rod_Studd
What I didn't like there is Carter was a intimidating. Normal reaction would be "really? You sure? I think I hit the yellow there". Not to just go "I hit it" and head back to his seat. Intentionally forced her hand. Out of order and he wouldn't have done it to Moore for example.

0 replies .0 retweets1 like
Reply Retweet Like 1
New conversation

Colin Richardson

@Colinricko
2h2 hours ago
More
Replying to @Rod_Studd
And more cricketers should walk

2 replies .0 retweets1 like
Reply 2 Retweet Like 1

Rod Studd

@Rod_Studd
2h2 hours ago
More
Why? What should they do if they’re wrongly given out then?

Reply 1 Retweet Like
1 more reply

JA

@Wallballiii
2h2 hours ago
More
Replying to @Rod_Studd
It's getting worse!

Reply Retweet Like

David Edmond

@MisterEStrange
2h2 hours ago
More
Replying to @Rod_Studd
Players protest their innocence after hacking someone’s legs off in football. Just because they actually call fouls on themselves in snooker doesn’t mean they have any more right to overturn the ref

Reply Retweet Like

Chris Wood

@chriswood777
2h2 hours ago
More
Replying to @Rod_Studd
I’m away for work at the moment so missing the action, such a shame for this to be affecting snooker. I always loved how the game was conducted, so much better than other sports.

Reply Retweet Like

Gareth

@romfordslim1477
2h2 hours ago
More
Replying to @Rod_Studd
Rod if ive fouled when i play snooker ive always told ref or the player ive fouled if they havent seen it

Reply Retweet Like

Kieren Rees

@kieren_rees
2h2 hours ago
More
Replying to @Rod_Studd
Just seen it and he didn’t hit it on the way up or the way back down again. The referee should have stuck with her decision which was correct. Unbelievable that he can turn around to the referee and say I’m not accepting your decision.

Reply Retweet Like

Aaron Bower

Verified account

@AaronBower
2h2 hours ago
More
Replying to @Rod_Studd
Just seen that - absolutely outrageous. Carter should be sanctioned for that. You can't just tell the referee 'you're wrong', otherwise there'd be nobody left to enforce the rules!

Reply Retweet Like

Matthew Townsley

@TigerTowns88
1h1 hour ago
More
Replying to @Rod_Studd
Where's VAR when u need it

Reply Retweet Like

philip whitehurst

@halliwell_jones
8m8 minutes ago
More
Replying to @Rod_Studd
Would he have done it to a male ref..and would a male ref have overturned his decision so quickly..

Reply Retweet Like
New conversation

Robert Blakeley

@RJBlakeley
2h2 hours ago
More
Replying to @Rod_Studd
That’s what happened in our pool league home player called a foul on himself and the home ref disagreed with him ended arguing with each other and conceded the game and he quit the team

Reply 1 Retweet Like
1 more reply

F.W. Woolworth

@moshirisboys
2h2 hours ago
More
Replying to @Rod_Studd
@Eurosport_UK not a mention of carters cheating ,@ronnieo147 @fouldsy147 a pair of wimps..

ohn Higgins vs Ali Carter Q/F ᴴᴰ Dafabet Masters 2020 (Full Match ★ Short Form) session-1 :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28bTwDwYnig

John Higgins vs Ali Carter Q/F ᴴᴰ Dafabet Masters 2020 (Full Match ★ Short Form) session-2

I picked a fine time to take my eye off the TV , heard John Virgo , turned to the TV and it was all over but must be John Higgins V Ali Carter Session 2 at the Masters 2020 at 29m .11secs into the video .

I can't offer an opinion as I took my eye off the TV screen and the short frame commentary doesn't offer much but it didn't look like Ali hit the yellow but said to the referee he did .

What's your opinion dudes ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ0qA86x0c0

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The controversy about (not) hitting the yellow occurs in the Higgins/Carter match when the score is 3-4 in frames and 18-47 in points. The short-form video does not show the "earnest discussion" or the commentators' view very well. I guess we'll have to wait for the long form or maybe someone will post up the frame or situation alone.

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Time for VAR in snooker? Carter overturns referee's decision - but was he right?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/snooker/51144291 ;

Right so there you go folks .

The incident is did Ali Carter hit the Yellow ball on the the way up or down off the top cushion ?

My son joke that I need a magnifying glass to see nowadays but no way did Ali Carter hit the Yellow ball but tells the referee he did ?

Only things Ali Carter hit on that shot was the cue ball and the top cushion .

Hopefully Ali Carter forfeits his prize money to charity or Emperor Barry Hearn see it and order the forfeit the prize money .

Bob , pt109 , drsnooker etc , this video might only work here in the UK : Available to UK users only it says but if you find it post it .

The Snooker Gods are watching you Ali Carter , that's unforgivable in my opinion , clear miss and a foul !

Not tha t I'm a Snooker god , just a fan of course ! :wink::grin-square::thumbup:

Bob , pt109 , dr snooker etc , upload the Yellow ball incident !

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hands Up - Ottowan

Ali Carter on controversy: “I’m absolutely flabbergasted” :

https://snookerhq.com/2020/01/17/ali-carter-controversy-flabbergasted/ ;

Comments so far :

Paul
January 17, 2020 at 10:08 am
Ali Carter can be as flabbergasted as he likes. The fact is he missed the yellow. He then insisted he had hit it. Should be defaulted.

Glen mountain
January 17, 2020 at 10:32 am
Cheating little xxxx that’s him all over

David Caulfield
January 17, 2020 at 10:50 am
Thanks for the comment. But use of bad language is not prohibited.

Michael Henry
January 17, 2020 at 11:03 am
Absolutely appalled by Carter and his blatant abuse of the referee. How can he stand in front of the media and say he saw the cueball touch the yellow? This is where we need a WST official viewing each match to be a second set of eyes for situations like this. He should be stricken from future invitational tournaments. He has a poor history of disrespect to fellow players and referees. I hope whoever he gets in the semi finals never allows him off his chair. Cant stand players who will have a tantrum during play because they made the mistake and won’t take the Foul. WST has to do something about his outbursts. He doesn’t put fans in the seats or bring TV viewers like Higgins or the rest of the Top 16 so be lucky you’re on the Tour.

James Walkden
January 17, 2020 at 11:05 am
i play in a very small league, 24 teams 2 divisions, when i referee in piddly little games on the few occasions a player may have disagreed with a decision my answer was always the same, i`m the referee you are the player, play on, simples. Never mind in the quarter final of the Masters. An inexperrienced referee lacking in confidence, which this one obviously was, should not be refereeing in a major tounament. With T.V. replays the decision of the ref should have been upheld. The pivotal frame result could have made the world of difference to the outcome of the match. Carter is a cheat i.m.h.o. he could not have seen any contact as there was none. B.T.W. I am not a Higgins fan just a fan of honesty, integrity and fair play.

Hands up everybody in the AzBilliards classroom who thinks Ali Carter hit the Yellow ball , yes , that includes you at the back of the classroom laddie ! So it's a resounding no then !

I've got a funny feeling this one's going to rumble along.....

Ottawan - Hands Up 1981 :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrS2nOVKTRI

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ali Carter on controversy: “I’m absolutely flabbergasted” Comments section Part 2 .

https://snookerhq.com/2020/01/17/ali-carter-controversy-flabbergasted/ :

Sharon Greaves
January 17, 2020 at 11:37 am
Made me so angry watching the rest of that match!

Stephen Stubbs
January 17, 2020 at 12:42 pm
I know he’s had health problems over the years but he really is a spiteful, petty little oik. I rather hope he doesn’t progress further in this competition as its undeserved.

Gillian Dacey
January 17, 2020 at 12:55 pm
I agree 100%! And then John Higgins had to try and sort out his incorrect score! That wouldn’t have done his concentration any good. This needs to be sorted, unlike Ali, John is too much of a gentlemen to make a fuss.

Beryl webb
January 17, 2020 at 2:33 pm
I quite agree Gillian that John is too much of a gentleman to make a fuss.

Rowan Ward
January 17, 2020 at 4:55 pm
A gentleman who was banned from the game for accepting bribes

Dsb
January 17, 2020 at 6:47 pm
Higgins ban was not for accepting bribes – he was found innocent of that. Cool story though

Dave
January 17, 2020 at 6:51 pm
Use the video to put all the balls back in the correct position that they were in AFTER he had fouled, put the scores back to how they were and continue the match from that point onwards, Higgins could easily have won that frame and so he could have gone on to win and progress.
What an absolute farce, and if Carter had an ounce of decency he would forfeit the end result and get a little respect back

Sharon Greaves
January 17, 2020 at 11:32 am
I actually wanted him to win before that incident but was livid afterwards and really don’t want him to win anything now. I couldn’t believe the ref just believed him and the decision to overturn the foul could have affected the outcome of the frame and consequently the match!!! How, for goodness sake, in this day and age?!?!

Clare Webley-Emmerson
January 17, 2020 at 11:39 am
So why exactly do we have referees if the players can overturn their decisions?
Ali, you were wrong. You never touched that ball, and as a professional you know you didn’t.
So the Masters has a fancy restaurant for players and family that World Snooker has paid an absolute fortune for no doubt, but can’t equip the tables with the correct technology in order to play a game of snooker. Madness

Stuart
January 17, 2020 at 12:07 pm
What everyone is saying is correct: that incident could have had decisive effect on the result. It is possible that that frame would have gone to Higgins and, from there, who’s to say what would have happened?
There should be another chance for Higgins. Maybe they should play best of three. But leaving the result as it is leaves a sour taste.

phil hoyle
January 17, 2020 at 12:25 pm
Totally unbelievable that Ali Carter got away with actually overturning a referees decision when Ben Williams actually saw him miss on his monitor! If Ali does not want to be haunted for ever by this incident he needs to do something more than offer disbelief.

Pingback: Ali Carter on controversy: "I'm absolutely flabbergasted" | Sports 365
Alan Purcell
January 17, 2020 at 12:44 pm
The whole thing is absolutely sickening. I hope that referee enjoyed that match cos it’ll be her last in any meaningful tournament. Absolute disgrace. She was immediate with her decision, he was embarrassed cos he missed the ball and said he hit it? I wasn’t even there and I could tell he missed it straight away. He should forfeit his place. It’s disgusting.

Gary Rundle
January 17, 2020 at 1:18 pm
I agree with all the comments …so I won’t add another similar comment….
But want to add…
If that was me playing and to me it looked like I hit it….but then the ref says no (foul)….i would except it or I would want it to be played back by second ref for my peace of mind….would not of wanted to continue without it.
Ali was happy to continue….very strange in my opinion

James Osborne
January 17, 2020 at 1:25 pm
I feel Ali Carter has done himself a lot of harm, he should offer some of his prize money to a charity of John’s choice. And he needs to buy the referee done flowers or something as an apology.

Brian kane
January 17, 2020 at 1:26 pm
Forget the referee. the second ref saw it miss on the monitor didn’t say anything. As for Carter he’s a cheat. Bring in VAR.

Joffy
January 17, 2020 at 2:35 pm
He doesnt deserve to be where he is ….an angry little man/boy with a little man attitude

J P McDonald
January 17, 2020 at 2:38 pm
So there are a few points here…
1. He missed
2. He thought he hit it..
3. The ref called foul, and he questioned it..
4. She (the ref) should not have changed her mind without consulting and being sure with the tv ref.
5. The tv ref said he has no replays (as per the opinion of the commentators)

So firstly: if the tv ref and and the match ref can confer during the match with regards to the positioning of the balls after ‘a miss’.. then why not when a foul is questioned by a player?
I doubt if either Ali Carter or the ref have done themselves any favours after that fiasco..
Can you imagine if a player of another sport tried something similar during a match?? football for example?? @riot @arrests @major incident.. Sort it out Mr. Hearn..

John Spencer
January 17, 2020 at 4:07 pm
Unfortunately I think Ali Carter knew he had missed. He turned away instantly as he gave his “I hit it”

The easy and probably only answer for him was to forfeit the frame.

Bad style.

Martin Gardner
January 17, 2020 at 4:15 pm
Carter definitely thought he hit it. Referee was wrong to change her decision, though it’s not unprecedented. The people calling Carter a cheat don’t know snooker. He definitely thought he hit it.

Raymond
January 17, 2020 at 7:38 pm
Anybody with a decent set of eyes could quite CLEARLY see he did not hit the ball,not even close,i think that put john off,if called correctly then john would have cleared up!very bad sportsmanship and i will no longer cheer for carter,that has put me right off him,but all this could have avoided if the referee had stood by the rules.

Rowland little.
January 17, 2020 at 4:47 pm
Is snooker a joke sport? First and last time I’ll want such nonsense. Weak referee should be barred from future involvement in the game because of total incompetence and player should be disqualified and serve lengthy ban for cheating. Get your act together snooker authorities.

Richard sleeman
January 17, 2020 at 4:48 pm
We all know snooker is played with honesty and integrity, so the ref believed carter, no harm in that, yet carter blatantly lied and cheated as there was no way he could of seen the white hit the yellow (cos it didn’t ) i dont think a player should try and influence a ref unless the ref asks for the players option… On this occasion i think the governing body should step in and fine carter for cheating.

Marco
January 17, 2020 at 7:03 pm
I am actually quite glad this accident occurred. I have always disliked carter, his attitude and his gamesmanship. Now the whole world had a chance to see his true colours. I rest my case.

Andrew Crines
January 17, 2020 at 8:26 pm
Carter is a disgrace.

Davy
January 17, 2020 at 8:41 pm
Has to be said that the referee must take the most of the blame, she is there to referee the match and should have stuck by her first decision, she must be held to account but I see she was refereeing again today, it’s a joke

Isn yeatman
January 17, 2020 at 10:41 pm
The referee got it right and ali Carter wouldn’t know the truth if it bit him referee decision should not be questioned by any player

Ian yeatman
January 17, 2020 at 11:09 pm
Referee got it right Ali Carter was wrong and he should go to optician to get his eyes checked he should know that the referees decision is non negotiable and must be respected at all times

Ali Carter lost a lot of respect from Snooker fans with that shot on the Yellow !

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ali Carter on controversy: “I’m absolutely flabbergasted” - Part 3

Steven Lane
January 18, 2020 at 10:31 am
Having 1st hand experience off what hes like,I’m glad the world can see what his really like

Lawrence
January 18, 2020 at 12:10 pm
What a petulant little bully, don’t know why they didn’t just check it on the screen

Anthony hedges
January 18, 2020 at 2:53 pm
Cheat and a liar …Carter is an embarrassment…only qualified because Ronnie couldn’t be bothered 🤔

Mick
January 18, 2020 at 2:55 pm
Carter is a cheat simple as that throw him out of the masters

brian fry
January 18, 2020 at 8:44 pm
Do the honourable thing Carter (like honourable gentlemen do in the game of cricket). They take a walk. In your case though keep walking and don’t ever come back.Become a politician, you’ll fit in well there because their always telling whoppers! I would not even feel safe playing you in tiddlywinks!

To be continued.....

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ali Carter on controversy: “I’m absolutely flabbergasted” - Part 4

https://snookerhq.com/2020/01/17/ali-carter-controversy-flabbergasted/

Allan Paul Whitebrook
January 20, 2020 at 2:03 pm
So sad the referee has been put in this situation. She called it right in the 1st place but was brow beaten by a petulant player..How many times have we all suffered similar things in life only for the perpetuater to walk away one up and smiling!

Ali Carter's yellow ball foul incident. (2020 Masters)

https://snookerhq.com/2020/01/17/ali-carter-controversy-flabbergasted/

What's the point of having a Disciplinary Committee , tracing players bank transactions and E-Mails etc searching for dodgy bets and match fixing etc handing out huge fines and long term bans when Ali Carter proved you can hustle an inexperienced referee in front of a huge arena audience with millions of TV viewers watching and seeing the replays .

Steve Davis and the rest of the presenters quickly brushed it aside as if it never happened and lets move on.....

Well it did happen and if the Disciplinary Committee don't take action there will be players on the tour doing an 'Ali Carter' , I hit it ref in the future because if he can get away with it and trouser £100,000 they will all be trying it .

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Snookerbacker Tweet .

https://twitter.com/snookerbacker/status/1288011671395545089 :

Noel Gillen
@neilslaught66
·
Jul 28
Replying to
@snookerbacker
Seems hard to believe that two people at such close quarters could both be so pre-occupied with the cue ball that they would have missed it. If the ref felt inclined to watch the shot from 3 feet away he was obviously alert to the possibility of some kind of foul.
GIF
Andy Jay
@andyjay77
·
Jul 28
Replying to
@snookerbacker
The progress of the red being stopped, it looks pretty obvious a foul :-(
XRP147
@xrp147
·
23h
Replying to
@snookerbacker
100% knew he'd touched it and 100% decided not to own up. No place in snooker for that.
Wullie M
@bigwullie83
·
23h
Replying to
@snookerbacker
Never noticed this during the match but thats ridiculous a) how Wenbo hasn't called that he felt that allright & b) how the ref hasn't seen it from being that close. Shocking from Wenbo but no surprised hes got previous. Hope he looses 1st round
Wullie M
@bigwullie83
·
23h
Also didn't like the fact the ref had to speak to Wenbo about staying still while fergal was at the table. I normally like watching him play but that's very poor on his belhalf.
RED AGAIN! Thumbs up
@27reddevil
·
22h
Replying to
@snookerbacker
Shocking, disgraceful! Pouting face
Gareth
@Padgestic
·
22h
Replying to
@snookerbacker
Cheating shouldn't be allowed in the game, that's way worse than placing a bet on someone.
billy_bomberz
@BBomberz
·
21h
Replying to
@snookerbacker
Referees are humans , get tired and not perfect..
Players shd self-referee themselves...

Getting away fr ref eyes , millions more eyes caught it, not worth it...
martin147
@pitcher147
·
21h
Replying to
@snookerbacker
Especially hitting the ferrule, terrible to have that in this sport, cost fergal his job!
Arabdho Majumder
@aromajumder
·
15h
Replying to
@snookerbacker
You can see him reflexively jerk away from the contact right after too
Paul1804
@paul180470
·
12h
Replying to
@snookerbacker
I really like Liang but he has really let himself down with this. It looks like he realised but thought he would get away with it. Not good Liang #cheat
Andy Jay
@andyjay77
·
Jul 28
Replying to
@snookerbacker
Scuppered my £280 acca :-(
Mark McKeown
@markmckeown
·
Jul 28
You had an acca that included Fergal O'Brien?
4 more replies
stuart mcilroy
@stujam39
·
22h
Replying to
@snookerbacker
At least it should stop commentators like Taylor and Johnson trotting our their ‘we are so proud that snooker is such an honest sport’ bullshit

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jamie Clarke Tweet

https://twitter.com/clarkej998/status/1292129385571594242 :

Paul Spencer
@spenno13
·
Aug 8
Replying to
@clarkej998
and
@WeAreWST
Great tweet... go get him
martin147
@pitcher147
·
Aug 8
Replying to
@clarkej998
and
@WeAreWST
Keep going mate, 1 rule for 1 and not the other, wst should speak to Jan really. Jan told you to sit down after every shot, yet mcgill can stay standing up, whether in your eye line or not. Joke
Karen Emery
@MrsKarenEmery
·
Aug 8
Jamie did, and the ref told him to leave it, so consequently McGill has stood behind him every shot, he was doing it before Jamie.
ashman
@AshleyDundas
·
Aug 8
Replying to
@clarkej998
Take no notice dont be bullyed go on boi bach
Andrea Schoots
@Andrea_Schoots
·
Aug 8
Replying to
@clarkej998
and
@WeAreWST
You just need to sit down when asked. Bad form this.
Josh Hayes
@JoshHayesBWFC
·
Aug 8
Replying to
@clarkej998
and
@WeAreWST
Come on Jamie Clarke!
Elias Gaskin
@EliasGaskin
·
Aug 8
Replying to
@clarkej998
and
@WeAreWST
Go on, hit him!! Fisted handRolling on the floor laughing
sabeer dowlut
@sabeerhd
·
Aug 8
Replying to
@clarkej998
Get McGill out.
Sami Endler
@endler_sami
·
Aug 8
Replying to
@clarkej998
Calm down!!! Both of you!!! What about sportsmanship?
Duncan Briss
@BrissDuncan
·
Aug 8
Bit of needle Is good
Julian Jones
@GOWERGIANT
·
Aug 8
Replying to
@clarkej998
Mate just play your game.... You got this!!!!!
Margie...Phil...YatesBilliards
@marjayhan
·
Just some replies to Jamie Clarke's Tweet and a scoreline reminder :

Anthony McGill 13 V 12 Jamie Clarke .

Here's a song :

Van Halen - Jamie's Cryin' (Official Music Video) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOjm4I7LRgY

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
World Snooker Championship: Mark Williams slams Ronnie O'Sullivan for 'disrespectful'

https://www.sportinglife.com/snooker/news/williams-ronnie-is-disrespectful/183102

Quotes .

" Mark Williams has branded Ronnie O'Sullivan as 'disrespectful' following his World Snooker Championship defeat to the five time champion.

O'Sullivan fought back from 7-2 down to beat the Welshman 13-10 in the quarter-finals and while Williams had no problem with the manner of the loss, he did take issue with comments O'Sullivan made about other players before their contest.

Talking about the standard of emerging new talent O'Sullivan said: "You see them play and I think to myself 'I'd have to lose an arm and a leg to fall out of the top 50'".

" However, three-time World Champion Williams believes such comments are unfair and do not help the sport.

"I have the utmost respect for Ronnie. I've grown up with him since the age of 12, but I don't agree with some of the comments he's made in this tournament," said Williams.

"Most of the stuff he says is total nonsense. The stuff about other players at the tournament. We can't all be as good as him, but we are all trying our best.

"Ronnie is the main headline of the sport, he's our pinnacle, so people listen to him. You'd never get Roger Federer or Tiger Woods speaking about fellow pros like that. It's disrespectful.

"We can't all be as good as Ronnie. We aren't as good as him, but we are trying our best.

"There are talents coming through. There's a 16-year-old (Jamie Wilson) coming through Q School, and a few others, you have to give them time to develop, learn and get better."